Disneyland: Secrets, Stories and Magic of the Happiest Place

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Re: A thought about the delay . . .

Post by Kram Nebuer »

theradioranger wrote:With the announcement of Roy rejoining the company in a way, perhaps this was pulled at his request so that he could be a part of it.

There is an interview section called "remembering walt" that would include family most likely. He would not want this to go out without him. Remember his role in the treasures before he left. This is pretty much a "treasure"

I hope i hope i hope!
:D
:D Hey, welcome theradioranger to UD! Fantastic online Disney community that you will never ever be able to escape unless your name's Tangela! :D

I really really really really really really hope so! That would be awesome to have him and the Disney's in the features of this DVD! It would be a perfectly logical explanation for them pulling out the DVD otherwise BVHE would be evil! :lol: Lol, I said the same exact thing in the thread about Roy Disney's return. Great minds think alike!

ETA: Escapay you better call me when you find out!!!!!!!!
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

Amazon have put the price up of this DVD $1....

I love how they have done this on the "old" day of release - July 12.... (but it hasn't been released as we all know !).
n69n
Limited Issue

Post by n69n »

wow, i wonder if it gives detailed ride-thrus of the attractions?
especially my favorite, THE HAUNTED MANSION!!!!!
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: A thought about the delay . . .

Post by Escapay »

Kram Nebuer wrote: ETA: Escapay you better call me when you find out!!!!!!!!
Well, I'm going to Downtown Disney today, cause they didn't have any of the new DVDs at MK. But I'm not counting on seeing the Disneyland DVD there, sadly.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
MICKEYMOUSE
Special Edition

Post by MICKEYMOUSE »

I think I know why they really delayed the DVD. I think they wantted to get some FOOTAGE of DISNEYLAND'S 50th Birthday, on the DVD. I mean it would make lots of sence. I think they will be adding to this DVD, and it will be even better than what we were gonna have coming!!!!!!!!!
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

MICKEYMOUSE wrote:I think I know why they really delayed the DVD. I think they wantted to get some FOOTAGE of DISNEYLAND'S 50th Birthday, on the DVD. I mean it would make lots of sence. I think they will be adding to this DVD, and it will be even better than what we were gonna have coming!!!!!!!!!
Most likely the discs have been pressed thou. I mean it was delayed with kindof short notice.
Mouseketodd
Gold Classic Collection

Disneyland's 50th

Post by Mouseketodd »

I also thought perhaps Disney Home Video decided to include the actual 50th Anniversary ceremony.

Think of it: Diane Disney Miller reciting Walt's opening day statement!

Think of it: Art Linkletter was present at this event.... just like he was part of the opening day!

I think this Anniversary was an important milestone celebration. It should only take a couple of days to edit the event into the DVD -- as long as the writers, producer, director, and others prepared for it in the days around the DVD delay announcement.
My handmade paperweights, including Disney subjects -- some contain viewable movie cells!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/tmhofherr
Currently listed: Ludwig Von Drake, Annette, Zorro, Star Wars, the Wicked Witch, Classic Tron, and more!
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

I like Mickey's and C3PO's hypothesises (hypothesi?). It would make perfect sense and would create the ideal DVD. I mean it was made for the 50th Anniversary, so it obviously should show the actual anniversary celebration.

The only thing that I'm worried about though is they'll jack up the already suprisingly lower price when they realize how great a DVD they've got. Also, I hope this "mythical" new Roy/50th Ceremony footage does not take the space of the Sing-a-long songs. I really would love those on the DVD as bonus features and it would be great for families too! Actual fluff features that would appeal to EVERYONE. Well, maybe everyone...
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

[quote="Kram Nebuer"] The only thing that I'm worried about though is they'll jack up the already suprisingly lower price when they realize how great a DVD they've got. quote]

Well Amazon have jacked up the price AGAIN for the second time in a month for this unreleased DVD... The price is now $15.99 !...

Below is a comment made about this DVD on Amazon..

"Some friends of mine got to see a sneak preview of this DVD and they said it was one of the best things they've ever seen about Walt Disney and Disneyland. They said it had heart. They said they laughed and cried and laughed some more. That it was obviously not a collection of Disney commercials. It made them want to go to back to Disneyland all over again, but look at it with different eyes".

Well, it does certainly sound like it will be worth the wait.
mikemckiernan

Post by mikemckiernan »

Tony wrote:
Kram Nebuer wrote: "Some friends of mine got to see a sneak preview of this DVD and they said it was one of the best things they've ever seen about Walt Disney and Disneyland. They said it had heart. They said they laughed and cried and laughed some more. That it was obviously not a collection of Disney commercials. It made them want to go to back to Disneyland all over again, but look at it with different eyes".
ah, man, now I want it even MORE!!! DISNEY: GIVE US SOME INSIGHT!!!
theradioranger

Post by theradioranger »

Has anyone heard rumors about the eventual release?

I would hope its soon!
:cry:
ValenciaJoe
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ValenciaJoe »

theradioranger wrote:Has anyone heard rumors about the eventual release?

I would hope its soon!
:cry:
Has anyone contacted Disney about this? One would think someone from this group has.

I am more inclined to think that Disney delayed the release due to the reconciliation with Roy Disney. I don't think they delayed it because they wanted to include the actual 50th birthday celebrations. They knew that was coming months ago and would have planned accordingly. However, the Roy Disney situation was a last minute surprise and perhaps it was kind of a "deal" between all parties to include him in the DVD. Think of what happened with the latest releases of Treasures DVDs and how they were delayed. Why? Perhaps to remove Roy Disney's signature from them? Makes you think this recent delay was once again due to Roy Disney, and NOT the actual 50th celebrations.
It's more fun when we're number 1!
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

While semi-related to this delayed DVD, I probably should have mentioned that in WDW, they offer a box-set of their 4 park DVDs (MK, Epcot, Studios, DAK), with a DVD for Disneyland, called "Happiest Homecoming on Earth". I don't have the boxset, nor do I wish to have it, but I'm guessing that DVD covers the 50th Anniversary and Disneyland Resort, so perhaps the Secrets DVD will have some footage, but I agree with everyone else that they're probably going to include Roy now.

Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
dizfan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by dizfan »

The only mention that DVD has of the 50th Anniversary is the 5 minute commercial that was included in the Walt Disney World and Disneyland 50th Planning DVD.

It was mostly a repackaged version of the old Disneyland DVD Guide, with updates for Tower of Terror, Snow White, a bug's land and Aladdin. A little disappointed that they pass it off as a Commemorative Happiest Homecoming On Earth Edition DVD.
litecomp

Post by litecomp »

Do anyone knows if this DVD has Spanish audio or Spanish subtitles?

Thanks a lot from a future Disneyland visitor from Spain.
bd3

Why so Late?

Post by bd3 »

This DVD was planned to be released during the summer of 2005, but for some odd reason its being delayed and I wonder why? Oh Well I guess it will be here eventually After all Better late than never!
Last edited by bd3 on Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luke
Site Admin

Re: Why so Late?

Post by Luke »

bd3 wrote:This DVD was planned to be released during the summer of 2005 but for some odd reason its being delayed and I wonder why? Oh Well I guess it will be here eventually After all Better late than never!
The most seemingly informed reason I have heard was that there was "something" on the DVD that was inaccurate about "something" being at Disneyland first. From that vague description, it seems a harmless enough oversight to not have this be delayed so much. They're still hoping to have it out by the end of the year, but if we don't get an announcement soon, it doesn't look like that will happen.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

If they ARE changing/adding more to this disc any chance this will be on it? http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00003929.html

(sorry for the bump. :oops: )
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

JiminyCrick91 wrote:If they ARE changing/adding more to this disc any chance this will be on it? http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00003929.html
I hope not! It's actually an attraction at Disneyland! Like Shrek 4-D! :roll:

However if Disney's planning on bringing back "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln", then I think this would be a good idea. :)
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Timon/Pumba fan wrote:
JiminyCrick91 wrote:If they ARE changing/adding more to this disc any chance this will be on it? http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00003929.html
I hope not! It's actually an attraction at Disneyland! Like Shrek 4-D! :roll:

However if Disney's planning on bringing back "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln", then I think this would be a good idea. :)
Since that's only for the 50th Anniversary celebration, Mr. Lincoln will definitely be coming back next September or October (can't remember which month is the end month for the celebration).

On the plus side to limited-time attractions, MK's Cinderellabration will be gone (WOOHOO!) when the 50th Anniversary is over as well, and Cinderella's Surprise Celebration (a far better show) actually is coming back, unless they start a newer show. It's not that I hate Cinderellabration, granted that I had to listen to it nearly every day at MK and the music is pretty good, but the show has little to no story. No action. Just singing and dancing and happiness on a stick.

Escapay
WIST #60:

WIST #61: