Disneyland: Secrets, Stories and Magic of the Happiest Place

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

Sorry to bump this... but just read the following by a reviewer on Amazon..

"I believe this DVD will be released sometime in December of 2005. Do not want to get anyones hopes up, but I have a good source who feels this will be the time. I have seen brief cuts and this is probably the best Disneyland DVD yet!!! Look for the release in December 2005, January 2006 at the latest.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but won't you be glad if I'm right!!!!! Former Disney Cast Member - Animation/Art of Disney"

I guess we will know soon if he is right !
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

I don't think he's right. Disney is already pretty much set on 2005 releases and are going ahead and planning 2006. Hopefully this will turn up somewhere soon in their 2006 schedule.
MouseHouse55
Gold Classic Collection

Disneyland "Secrets" DVD possible release date

Post by MouseHouse55 »

Hey guys. Just messing around on amazon.com, and noticed that they have the ever-postponed Disneyland Secrets etc. DVD dated for January 1, 2010. Seems like a really long way off seeing as how it was supposed to be this last July. Anyway, that may not be correct, but just thought I'd point it out.
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

Amazon just puts January 1, 2010 when they don't have an exact date. :)
- Jonathan
englishboy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by englishboy »

Look for it on the same day they release the scarecrow and dr. syn. Maybe you can find it in a two-pack at wal-mart.
Pluto Region1
Special Edition

Post by Pluto Region1 »

[quote="ichabod"]Oooooooooooooh shiny!

It looks like a great DVD so I am hoping it does get released this year or next.
Pluto Region1, Disney fan in training
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

I think it may comes out some time next year because they said THIS about that thing with Steve Martin.

From IMDb.com

"Shown only at the Main Street Opera House in Disneyland park, where the show "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" is usually shown. It will be screened there from 5 May 2005 to November 2006, when Lincoln will return. Afterwards, the movie will be given the DVD treatment."

What other DVD could that possabily work with?
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

JiminyCrick91 wrote:I think it may comes out some time next year because they said THIS about that thing with Steve Martin.

From IMDb.com

"Shown only at the Main Street Opera House in Disneyland park, where the show "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" is usually shown. It will be screened there from 5 May 2005 to November 2006, when Lincoln will return. Afterwards, the movie will be given the DVD treatment."

I saw that while I was in Disneyland in September. It is actually quite a good - although a little tongue-in-cheek - look at the history of the park. Steve Martin used to do magic tricks there - how about that!

After seeing the show I assumed this is what was going to be on the Happiest Homecoming on Earth DVD I bought in the park, but sadly that was nothing more than an extended ad.

As you have guessed, I assumed this or something like it will ultimately end up on a related DVD. Speaking of which, the Amazon price for the DVD this thread focuses on keeps fluctuating from 15.99 to 17.99 for no apparent reason.
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Pluto Region1
Special Edition

Post by Pluto Region1 »

JiminyCrick91 wrote: "Shown only at the Main Street Opera House in Disneyland park, where the show "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" is usually shown. It will be screened there from 5 May 2005 to November 2006, when Lincoln will return. Afterwards, the movie will be given the DVD treatment."

Ok someone confirms here that this is THE film they were showing this summer at Disneyland in the Lincoln Exhibit. Steve Martin is the MC along with Donald Duck (the comic banter with the duck will get old pretty fast! I think it is in there to amuse the kiddies who come to see this with their parents as the film itself is geared toward an adult audience).

I was more mesmerized by the content in the exhibit hall before entering the theater - The exhibit hall is loaded with really amazing archival stuff about the creation of Disneyland, like old plans and drawings, pictures, models, memorabilia that would be worth of fortune if put on Ebay.... anyone who can go to Disney that is a fan, should go in there to see this exhibit. Then you watch the movie and they let you out the back door onto Main St. :)
Pluto Region1, Disney fan in training
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

Pluto Region1 wrote:
I was more mesmerized by the content in the exhibit hall before entering the theater - The exhibit hall is loaded with really amazing archival stuff about the creation of Disneyland, like old plans and drawings, pictures, models, memorabilia that would be worth of fortune if put on Ebay.... anyone who can go to Disney that is a fan, should go in there to see this exhibit. Then you watch the movie and they let you out the back door onto Main St. :)
That stuff was great, wasn't it?

Most people were in there to get out of the sun for a few minutes, but the guy who gave a little talk was really interesting. That huge scale model of the park they had in the middle of the room was phenomenal, especially given that it had a lot of extinct rides (including the Submarine Voyage) still mentioned.

I think I enjoyed that area more than some of the rides! :D
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

Sorry to bump this thread.... but I "may" have some exciting news...

I just received an email from Amazon advising this DVD is due to be shipped between December 27th - January 03rd 2006 !

I wonder if this is accurate or if a mistake has been made ?.... Did anyone else get this email today, who have pre-ordered ?
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

Tony wrote:I wonder if this is accurate or if a mistake has been made ?.... Did anyone else get this email today, who have pre-ordered ?
I have got it on preorder, but I haven't received any emails from Amazon.

A quick check of my Amazon account shows no changes there either.

If that information is correct, it makes me a very happy camper indeed. I'm very anxious to buy anything 'Disneyland' at the moment :D
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Obviously I haven't heard anything to support this, but I wouldn't rule out Amazon sending out copies even if this isn't really released wide just yet. They had the Wal-Mart-exclusive disc <i>The 3 Wise Men</i> up for order for about a day or so in October. One person ordered through UD's link and while it took a while, it eventually was shipped out through Amazon (not Marketplace or anything else, as the listing was removed when it became unavailable). That's not much to go on, but on this title, even the slightest bit of hope beats nothing.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
MICKEYMOUSE
Special Edition

Post by MICKEYMOUSE »

I want this DVD so badly. I was at Disneyland on Sunday; 12/18; and I want to go back, real bad (maybe for 12/31/05)!! I really love that place to death!! Anyways how can I call Buena Vista Videos, and find out why this DVD has been delayed for this long, and what is next? Luke, or anybody on these boards know the number? I will call and find out for you guys, or you guys can also call and post it here. I am longing for this DVD. Maybe it's now a 2 disc or 3 disc set???
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney
ohmahaaha
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ohmahaaha »

Tony wrote:Sorry to bump this thread.... but I "may" have some exciting news...

I just received an email from Amazon advising this DVD is due to be shipped between December 27th - January 03rd 2006 !

I wonder if this is accurate or if a mistake has been made ?.... Did anyone else get this email today, who have pre-ordered ?
Tony - I got the exact same email as you and saw the same thing; however when I checked the Amazon page for this title they had not yet updated it with the new shipping date. I am very very hopeful though, we've all been waiting for such a long time.
dizfan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by dizfan »

Loomis wrote: That huge scale model of the park they had in the middle of the room was phenomenal, especially given that it had a lot of extinct rides (including the Submarine Voyage) still mentioned.
It is an amazing model. But that model is of Disneyland 1955, so the Submarines are not represented since they opened in 1959. I believe you were looking at the Phantom Boats which were the first attraction to be removed at Disneyland in 1956.
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

dizfan wrote:
Loomis wrote: That huge scale model of the park they had in the middle of the room was phenomenal, especially given that it had a lot of extinct rides (including the Submarine Voyage) still mentioned.
It is an amazing model. But that model is of Disneyland 1955, so the Submarines are not represented since they opened in 1959. I believe you were looking at the Phantom Boats which were the first attraction to be removed at Disneyland in 1956.
Oh yeah. I knew it wasn't an original attraction. It's funny the way the mind combines elements of the same exhibit in retrospect. There must have been something nearby that made me think of it. I guess I just have a hang-up on the Submarine Voyage. It was my favourite ride back in the late 1980s when I visited, and was sorely missed this time around. At any rate, if the DVD is half as good as that exhibit, then I guess we are in for a treat.
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

[/quote] Tony - I got the exact same email as you and saw the same thing; however when I checked the Amazon page for this title they had not yet updated it with the new shipping date. I am very very hopeful though, we've all been waiting for such a long time.[/quote]

Just out of curiosity... When did you pre-order your copy of this DVD ?.. I ordered mine in March.. I am just wondering if you ordered yours early as well and they are just working their way down the list of pre-orders possibly ??

I really would have thought that more people would have said they also received the email... strange....
ohmahaaha
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ohmahaaha »

Tony wrote:Just out of curiosity... When did you pre-order your copy of this DVD ?.. I ordered mine in March.. I am just wondering if you ordered yours early as well and they are just working their way down the list of pre-orders possibly ??

I really would have thought that more people would have said they also received the email... strange....
I don't remember when I pre-ordered, but it was a while ago ... probably within days of when it went up for pre-order. Amazon still hasn't changed the date on their description page for this item, it still says "2010."
theradioranger

Well, did the DVD arrive?

Post by theradioranger »

Hoping, wishing! :D