CINDERELLA Platinum Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Re: Cinderella's Web Site Updated

Post by The Little Merman »

Disney Duster wrote:In looking at the clips, I'm a bit worried. A certain part of the Fairy Godmother's dress keeps changing from a lighter shade of the dress to the same color of the dress. It's the part right under her pink bow.

Image Image

Also, I can't believe Cinderella is blond. I thought her hair was supposed to be reddish light brown... And in that scene where her dress transforms, the fairy dust looks choppy, like some of the sparkles were cut out of it or something...

I'm worried about them having made any mistakes in the restoration!
I agree with you about the Fairy Godmother's dress, but I think Cindy's hair looks the same. It might have been a bit darker, but that's exactly how it looked in my BD videotape that I watched yesterday. Since Cinderella is my second favorite Disney movie (only the slightest bit behind The Little Mermaid), I am worried about mistakes as well, but I just cannot believe how clear and beautiful it is compared to my tape!

*tlm
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

It does look too blonde in the A Dream Is A Wish clip.
Barty
Limited Issue

Post by Barty »

Wow that new short trailer is amazing!
For those wondering where it is, it's not under the 'trailers & clips' section, but it's under 'home', it will load automatically.
I hope to get that trailer on a dvd!! I guess it's not on the cinderella dvd itself :(
Barty
Limited Issue

Post by Barty »

And I compared the clips to the old non-restored version, and the whole image is a bit brighter and with more sparkling colors. When you take that into consideration, Cinderella's hair color is the same.

As for the Fairy Godmother's dress, the colors were consistent in the non-restored version, so it is indeed the restoration that is a little bit wrong unfortunately :(
Jordan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jordan »

For those who are interrested, the website Axelmusic (which has already the Special Edition DVD IN STOCK) had posted the back cover of the DVD.

Here it is:

http://axelmusic.com/resources/covers/b ... 239294.jpg
Can't wait to have this betwen my own 2 hands !! :)
Chandler (to Phoebe, over the phone) : Listen, Joey isn't gonna be here tonight so why don't you come over and I'll let you uh.. feel my bicep; or maybe more...
Friends, 5.14 - The One Where Everybody Finds Out
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Post by The Little Merman »

Jordan wrote:For those who are interrested, the website Axelmusic (which has already the Special Edition DVD IN STOCK) had posted the back cover of the DVD.

Here it is:

http://axelmusic.com/resources/covers/b ... 239294.jpg
Can't wait to have this betwen my own 2 hands !! :)
Thanks a lot Jordan! I'm unbelievably excited about this, but I just hate the fact of how they display 'The House of Royalty' crap and don't even mention featurettes such as 'The Art of Mary Blair'! Oh well..
only 8 Days!!

*tlm
Sendur
Limited Issue

Post by Sendur »

Yes you're right
The backcover is not that beautiful, but the frontcover is :D
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

Has anyone had their Amazon order changed to "shipping soon" for the Cinderella Collector's Gift set ?
jamminjake245
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jamminjake245 »

I can't wait to get the DVD. In on week and 3 hours from now Cinderella will once again shine like never before!!
Wants Muppet Babies on DVD!!
Hopefully if Duckales and Rescue Rangers sell well we will get it!! Don't forget Gummi Bears!
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/ ... Banner.jpg
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

Only 8 more days left.
PheR
Special Edition

Post by PheR »

Tony wrote:Has anyone had their Amazon order changed to "shipping soon" for the Cinderella Collector's Gift set ?
nope :cry: not yet, the shipping date is the 4th, but I guess it will be sometime this week...
I'ts enough for this restless warrior just to be with you...
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Looks good. I wonder if the color problem of Fairy Godmother's dress is a by product of the restoration? It wouldn't surpise me since other things have been messed up in movies after restoration (Lightsabers in Star Wars Trilogy Box Set).

Anyway I can't wait to pick this up. Still waiting to see what stores will give away with the DVD.

So far Target is giving away a Exclusive Slipper Necklace, and Circuit City has a Exclusive Disney's Princess DVD Sampler.
Disneybell
Banned Deadbeat

Post by Disneybell »

wow so far there are some interesting deals for the cinderella dvd first we have target giving away a slipper necklace and circuit city giving away a princess dvd sampler and wal-mart giving away the music cd. anyone know of any other great deals? this is so hard choices lol
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

The Wal-Mart cd will probably be extra. I know our Wal-Marts charge $5 extra for the bonus cd/dvds. I'm still waiting to see if Best Buy will have a plush or a lithograph. Hopefully if they do it will be for everyone and not just reward zone members.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

DVD Movie Guide now have the review up for the disc! It appears as though the galleries will be somewhat big, but not as big as the ones for Sleeping Beauty or Pocahontas.

Oh, and I don't wish to be pressurising, but when will the UD review be up, Luke?
Jens
Special Edition

Post by Jens »

I don't want to sound like it's the only thing on this DVD I care for, but... I was wondering why no review mentions how the quality is of Cinderella III? There is a sneak peek on it, no?
The Disney Database - All the Disney magic in 1 site!
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

No one cares for it... :wink:
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Jens
Special Edition

Post by Jens »

I knew someone would react like that :roll: Well, I care... I want this one to be the first good Cinderella sequel!
The Disney Database - All the Disney magic in 1 site!
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

lol, yeah Cinderella II was terrbile so I guess III has to be better.
Sendur
Limited Issue

Post by Sendur »

I'm interessed in it 2