DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:41 am 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:22 pm
Posts: 339
Location: Orlando, FL for WDWCP
I honestly don’t think the disc will look that bad once all the extra stuff is added (i.e. Disney DVD logo, running time, G rating, etc.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:38 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:56 pm
Posts: 1139
Location: California
bennyb98 wrote:
I honestly don’t think the disc will look that bad once all the extra stuff is added (i.e. Disney DVD logo, running time, G rating, etc.)

That extra stuff normally doesn't change the actual look of a disc.

Like I've said a number of times, I don't think the discs look that bad. I mean, sure a border would make it much nicer (I think the border will actually make the white background look pretty)but it's what's on the disc that counts. The people who complain the loudest about the discs are the ones that are going to buy the most DVDs anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:05 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:03 pm
Posts: 2110
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
The Sleeping Beauty first disc was :roll: but the second disc was :twisted: and great!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:08 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:56 pm
Posts: 1139
Location: California
What does the second disc look like? Could you describe it or post an image or something?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:12 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:03 pm
Posts: 2110
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Here ya go ChayChay

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:50 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:56 pm
Posts: 1139
Location: California
What great disc art! :twisted: Thanks for the picture! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:31 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 7:58 pm
Posts: 1558
Location: Massachusetts, USA
I don't really care what the disc art looks like. If it looks bad, you can always relabel it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:55 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:56 pm
Posts: 1139
Location: California
Alan wrote:
I don't really care what the disc art looks like. If it looks bad, you can always relabel it

Yet you do care about pieces of cardboard. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:59 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 7:58 pm
Posts: 1558
Location: Massachusetts, USA
chaychay102royal wrote:
Alan wrote:
I don't really care what the disc art looks like. If it looks bad, you can always relabel it

Yet you do care about pieces of cardboard. :roll:

Well, I can't see the disc when its on the shelf. I CAN see the slipcover while the DVD is being displayed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:03 pm 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:56 pm
Posts: 1139
Location: California
Yes, but consider this:

The disc art is special because the only place on the entire DVD setup--the back, the cover, the slipcover, the inside, the disc--that the specific artwork is shown is on the disc. Oftentimes, the slipcover looks just like the cover.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:46 pm 
Offline
Special Edition
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:21 pm
Posts: 437
Hmm, well of course the disc art won't stop me from buying the set but it looks so plain and boring! there's no colourful backgrounds or anything! I seriously think there will be some big changes! the cover art is so detailed and beautiful, definetly wasnt designed by the same person who designed the disc art. :roll:
The disc art is gross! Enough said!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:05 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:56 pm
Posts: 1072
did y'all know that the circle of stars is singing "a dream is a wish your heart makes"
cool huh?!...........how do i put an avatar on this?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:27 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:47 am
Posts: 4631
Location: UK
rs_milo_whatever wrote:
did y'all know that the circle of stars is singing "a dream is a wish your heart makes"
cool huh?!...........how do i put an avatar on this?


Sadly, we know that Raven, Hilary and co. will be singing. :headshake:

Anyway, welcome to the forum. On this forum, if you want an avatar, you have to have posted fifty times outside of the polls and games forum (in P+G, the post count does not increase). Then, you will become eligible for an avatar. One thing I must say is that you must not use this as an oppurtunity to pad your post count with fluffy replies such as "I agree" or "OK" especially when going into specialist forums such as the Disney Movie Club and the International DVD section which may not really apply to you. People have done this in the past and it gets really annoying, so much so that our webmaster Luke banished them!

Here's some topics which will contribute well to the forum and if you want an avatar, would be a good place to go:

Top 10 Disney Movies

Underrated/Overrated Disney Movies

Our Current New DVD Thread

_________________
-Joe

Blog | Deviantart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:08 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:09 pm
Posts: 4092
Location: Mexico!
Welcome Rs_milo_whatever n_n

Yep, here Wondy because he have a long time on this forum and what he tells you is for your good, I hope this forum likes you and I hope we can read you later.

By the way, you rised your numbers Wondy, but don´t worry, I´ll reach you soon :wink: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: hey
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:45 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:56 pm
Posts: 1072
Wonderlicious wrote:
rs_milo_whatever wrote:
did y'all know that the circle of stars is singing "a dream is a wish your heart makes"
cool huh?!...........how do i put an avatar on this?


Sadly, we know that Raven, Hilary and co. will be singing. :headshake:

Anyway, welcome to the forum. On this forum, if you want an avatar, you have to have posted fifty times outside of the polls and games forum (in P+G, the post count does not increase). Then, you will become eligible for an avatar. One thing I must say is that you must not use this as an oppurtunity to pad your post count with fluffy replies such as "I agree" or "OK" especially when going into specialist forums such as the Disney Movie Club and the International DVD section which may not really apply to you. People have done this in the past and it gets really annoying, so much so that our webmaster Luke banished them! what do u mean by "sadly" raven is a great singer and hilary won't be singimg this time they replaced abunch of them( and thank u for the advise and i think i'm gonna lay low and only post in press releases)

Here's some topics which will contribute well to the forum and if you want an avatar, would be a good place to go:

Top 10 Disney Movies

Underrated/Overrated Disney Movies

Our Current New DVD Thread

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:10 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:54 am
Posts: 20
Hi, I'm a 22 roman Disney fan, I've seen today the Cinderella's disc "art" and I must say I don't like it a lot. The one with Gus and Jack and mice is pretty good, but the one with Cinderella is horrible. I don't see the reason why they have to put a commercial clip art on a Platinum DVD disc.
I prefere this one!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:14 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:59 am
Posts: 3381
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense
I knew that creep seemed familiar! :lol:
Thanks for the laugh giagia, and welcome to Ultimated Disney! :)

_________________
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:46 am 
Offline
Limited Edition
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 7:58 pm
Posts: 1558
Location: Massachusetts, USA
giagia wrote:
Hi, I'm a 22 roman Disney fan, I've seen today the Cinderella's disc "art" and I must say I don't like it a lot. The one with Gus and Jack and mice is pretty good, but the one with Cinderella is horrible. I don't see the reason why they have to put a commercial clip art on a Platinum DVD disc.
I prefere this one!
Image

HAHA! I first thought it was really the disc art...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:40 am 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:29 am
Posts: 4673
Location: The place where they didn't build EuroDisney
Hey I thought we had a rule that only I am allowed to photoshop Michael Eisner's head onto a Disney Princesses body? ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:11 pm 
Offline
Walt Disney Treasure
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:45 pm
Posts: 3314
How funny and scary! :shifty:
"Eisnerella" :lol:

Welcome to UD, giagia! :wave:

_________________
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DisneyBluLife, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group