CINDERELLA Platinum Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Now that's funny and scary.... :lol:
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
giagia

Post by giagia »

ichabod wrote:Hey I thought we had a rule that only I am allowed to photoshop Michael Eisner's head onto a Disney Princesses body? ;)
So you're the one who put Cinderella's head on Katrina Van Tassell's body!
The question is: where did you put Headless Horseman's one?
giagia

Post by giagia »

RJKD23 wrote:How funny and scary! :shifty:
"Eisnerella" :lol:

Welcome to UD, giagia! :wave:
Thank you, great avatar Holly, when you have your roman holiday let me know it! :)
giagia

Post by giagia »

Disc n° 2:
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

Wonderlicious wrote:
rs_milo_whatever wrote:did y'all know that the circle of stars is singing "a dream is a wish your heart makes"
cool huh?!...........how do i put an avatar on this?
Sadly, we know that Raven, Hilary and co. will be singing. :headshake:

[/url]
hey i'm really looking forward to this video :!:
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

The pupkin is REALLY freaky! :huh:
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

whoa...is it freaky that eisner totally matches and fits well as the godmother! :?
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

:lol: hey that's pretty funny :lol: ....................... :jawdrop:
BonusMage
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BonusMage »

Looks like 84 mins of dvd extras has been passed by the BBFC

00:02:13:11 UNUSED SONGS & RADIO PROGRAMS - CINDERELLA TITLE SONG
00:02:33:12 (UNUSED SONGS & RADIO PROGRAMS) - VILLAGE STORE
00:05:22:23 (UNUSED SONGS & RADIO PROGRAMS) - GULF OIL PRESENTS
00:04:23:09 (UNUSED SONGS & RADIO PROGRAMS) - SCOUTING THE STARS
00:02:50:13 (UNUSED SONGS & RADIO PROGRAMS) - SING A LITTLE
DREAM A LITTLE
00:01:56:23 (UNUSED SONGS & RADIO PROGRAMS) - I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF A MUDDLE
00:01:39:07 (UNUSED SONGS & RADIO PROGRAMS) - THE MOUSE SONG
00:02:38:17 (UNUSED SONGS & RADIO PROGRAMS) - THE DRESS MY MOTHER WORE
00:03:46:05 (UNUSED SONGS & RADIO PROGRAMS) - DANCING ON A CLOUD
00:02:06:14 (UNUSED SONGS & RADIO PROGRAMS) - I LOST MY HEART AT THE BALL
00:02:34:19 (UNUSED SONGS & RADIO PROGRAMS) - THE FACE THAT I SEE IN THE NIGHT
00:07:07:14 FROM RAGS TO RICHES - THE MAKING OF CINDERELLA - A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES...
00:12:32:19 OF MICE AND NINE OLD MEN
00:07:28:15 CINDERELLA - FROM RAGS TO RICHES: THE MAKING OF CINDERELLA - A PERFECT FIT
THE VOICES OF CINDERELLA
00:11:10:13 MUSICALLY EVER AFTER
00:14:07:10 THE CINDERELLA THAT ALMOST WAS

A shame that FROM RAGS TO RICHES - THE MAKING OF CINDERELLA - A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES is only 7 minutes long!
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Actually, the "making of" is divided into four featurettes. The first one ("A Dream is a Wish...") is seven minutes, the second ("Of Mice and Old Men") is 12, the third ("A Perfect Fit") is seven minutes, and the fourth ("Musically Ever After") is 11 minutes. So the documentary in total is about 38 minutes. So far we have about 80 minutes' worth of material, which is pretty impressive considering there are more features that haven't had their running times revealed, yet (deleted scenes, From Walt's Table, Art of Mary Blair, etc.). Like I said before, this release looks to be about on-par with Snow White. I just hope a commentary track or Walt's Story Meetings feature gets confirmed, soon, but we won't find out for sure until we see menu screencaps...
goofy108
Gold Classic Collection

Post by goofy108 »

I have to say, Giagia, these discs you have made are alot more creative than the crap Disney has released! :lol:

:goofy:
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

A link has been posted on the main page to an article about the special preview screening of the DVD in New York. It's an excellently written preview by (I'm assuming) Luke, and has me extremely excited over the release more than ever. I wish someone could've taken pictures of the split-screen restoration slides. I'm dying to see what the film looks like now that Lowry's restored it. Unfortunately, the fact that Disney still hasn't acknowledged a commentary track is really scaring me. They couldn't have seriously left that off? I do NOT want Cinderella to be the only Platinum with no commentary track (yes, Bambi's "Walt's Story Meetings" feature is still a commentary track, just with visuals added for some spice).
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

That was a nice essay, Luke. Thanks for the info! Now I'm really excited too for the DVD and the bonus features (well, not the ESPN thinger...weird). I really would like to see the lost 1949 storyboards with the mysterious envelope and Clarissa the turtle. I'm looking forward to this DVD and from the essay, it sounds like it will be filled to the brim with good extras like Snow White was.
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

More dittos on the great essay, Luke. I love all these special-access previews and interviews that UD is getting these days. And they come at just the time when you think UD can't get any cooler. :thumb:

All of this sounds just great. I even like the idea of the ESPN thing being included and I don't even really like sports (outside of college basketball, which I only somewhat follow, and NC State isn't what I'm looking for :roll:). That's just me being a geek and liking the whole "Disney family" aspect. I like to brag to ESPN fans that it's owned by Disney. Don't ask me why.

Like the others here, I'm getting very nervous about a commentary track as well. I just don't see Disney not doing it. Would there be any explanation or reasoning behind stopping them now, with their last new-to-DVD platinum edition? Of all the Platinums released so far (and probably of all the ones to come), this is the commentary track that I want the most!

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney-Fan »

I loved the summary you did of the event! A very interesting read, so thanks! :) I was wondering though, is The Little Mermaid October release date now official? You seemed to list it as if it were...
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

DisneyFan 2000 wrote:I was wondering though, is The Little Mermaid October release date now official? You seemed to list it as if it were...
It's been pretty mucah official for ages now! ;)
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney-Fan »

ichabod wrote:
DisneyFan 2000 wrote:I was wondering though, is The Little Mermaid October release date now official? You seemed to list it as if it were...
It's been pretty mucah official for ages now! ;)
If you're talking about Disney's UK site then I know about that. Then again, they list B&tB available October 2012 so I don't count it as "official" info... I'm seeking an official date published by Disney (like L&tT for March 7th)... You know, concrete stuff! We all know how reliable Disney is in the UK! :wink:
DigginDisney
Limited Issue

Post by DigginDisney »

im really looking forward to this film, i remember when i was younger i always made my mum rent it for me in black and white from the library, dont know why it was in black and white though, it was only like 8 years ago :?
*-"Your cruel, device. Your blood, like ice. One look, could kill. My pain, your thrill - Poison"-*
DisneyVillains
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyVillains »

Hey everyone, sorry if this has been posted, but I thought I would let you know that DisneyDirect.com has Cinderella up for preorder. The usual lithos, pin and plush are also available with the dvd. I am really looking forward to this release!

Here is the link: http://disney.store.go.com/DSSectionPag ... 76_L2A_TXT
"I admit that in the past I've been a nasty. They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch"
-Ursula

"How sentimental. You know I haven't been this choked up since I got a hunk of moussaka caught in my throat."-Hades
brownie
Special Edition

Post by brownie »

Ugh. They shouldn't have covered those Disney classic songs. :headshake:

Anyway, I don't know if it's been asked before, but was is the availability of Cinderella Collector's Edition in stores like Best Buy and Suncoast? Should I just pre-order the CE online?