CINDERELLA Platinum Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Where will you be able to buy the giftset?
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

bradhig wrote:Where will you be able to buy the giftset?
Just about anywhere you can find the DVD itself (except grocery stores and that sort of thing). Your typical Best Buy-type store will have it. Amazon.com will have it too, of course. In fact, they already do! You can preorder it here. :wink:

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

I was wondering, does the mention of the word "featurette" and not feature indicate that the making of will be a short one? It kinda gives the impression!
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Disney sometimes misuses terms like that. I'm pretty sure it'll be about 40 minutes since most of the Platinum documentaries are (and it makes sense if you estimate that each section listed is about 10 minutes long). I really wouldn't worry about it too much. Notice how they use the word featurette in the title of "The Cinderella That Almost Was" but only mention that same word in the paragraph for the making of.
Lightyear
Special Edition

Post by Lightyear »

Just saw the disk art on the front page....

Ahhh... Err... Well... Uh...

Feels very bland.. the white background doesn't do anything for me..

I think they could have done a lot better
! !EBAY BOOTLEG'ERS! !
STDVDS : gasconsherri : haasenterprises : helppay4kidscollege : mtandk0614 : zoosed : sniperxray2 : moker04 : dvdtitan : jedsdvds4u : dvd_isle : ander_island : hollabrady : aikon83 : nowentertmt : tell_your_story
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Let's all not start moaning about the disc art, just be glad that what is on the disc is going to be great. Never judge a DVD by its disc art.

Plus, I think it is nice and simple. :)
Lightyear
Special Edition

Post by Lightyear »

It's my party.. I'll moan if I wanna.. It looks like crap.. plain and simple.. I'm not going to let it influence my opinion of the movie..

But a white background.. Shows lack of imagination.
! !EBAY BOOTLEG'ERS! !
STDVDS : gasconsherri : haasenterprises : helppay4kidscollege : mtandk0614 : zoosed : sniperxray2 : moker04 : dvdtitan : jedsdvds4u : dvd_isle : ander_island : hollabrady : aikon83 : nowentertmt : tell_your_story
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Wonderlicious wrote:Let's all not start moaning about the disc art...
Weeell, there's a reason these forums exist, you know...;)

Personally, I find it very bland, as well. Instead of creating some new art, they just took stock clipart and added some swirly designs. At the very least, they should've made the background color a midnight blue with stars or something. Still, at least it's better than Sleeping Beauty's disc art, which looked like artwork for a cheap Barbie film.
Disneybell
Banned Deadbeat

Post by Disneybell »

I really like the disc art its classy looking to me :) i think its pretty but thats just my 2cents
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

I like the simple look of the disc art, it does have a 'classy' sort of look to it, although I think it would have been better if the discs were blue, to match the dvd cover rather than white.
goofy108
Gold Classic Collection

Post by goofy108 »

Well the disc art sucks which is really a shame because I think this is one of Disney's best covers. It is nothing. No color. No background. Just a cut-and-pasted character with some curvy crap. It wouldn't look as bad if they changed the background to anything but white. I hate white. It shows no creativity. We can only hope for a change. Didn't Aladdin's disc art change a few times?
Disneykid wrote: At least it's better than Sleeping Beauty's disc art, which looked like artwork for a cheap Barbie film.
WHAT!?! I think Sleeping Beauty had the best art altogether. Not only did it blend well. It actually had a nice background. And not just a colored background like Aladdin or Mulan, it had the trees and the castle which shows detail and hard-work. And that goes for the disc art too. I would much rather see Aurora and Phillip dancing in the clouds with the castle on the opposite side than just Cinderella with a line in the middle of the disc. Bla!

:goofy:
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Well the art disc is average not to good and not to bad.
But Disney could have done a better job.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

goofy108 wrote:WHAT!?! I think Sleeping Beauty had the best art altogether. I would much rather see Aurora and Phillip dancing in the clouds with the castle on the opposite side than just Cinderella with a line in the middle of the disc. Bla!:goofy:
Aurora and Phillip dancing in the clouds concept: good. Execution: bad. Aurora looks hideously off-model, and all of pastel colors (along with putting her in pink AGAIN) makes it look like it's for a DTV Barbie film instead of something as artistic and stylized as Sleeping Beauty.

I'll take bland disc art with stock clipart over that any day as long as it represents the film it's for.
chaychay102royal
Anniversary Edition

Post by chaychay102royal »

You're right, Sleeping Beauty does look like a Barbie film. :roll:

I like the disc art for Cinderella. It's very simplistic.
Prince Eric
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Eric »

People! Simple is better! I'm so glad Disney got it right this time! It's in the same vain as the Pocahontas disc art, which was absolutely sublime! Of course, those had backgrounds and what not, but they limited the focus to only a few character on each.

I never bought the Sleeping Beauty: Special Edition, but, yeah, that disc art is laughable. :lol:
The Top 10 Films of 2005:
1) Brokeback Mountain 2) The Squid and the Whale 3) Me And You And Everyone We Know 4) The New World 5) A History of Violence 6) Match Point 7) Munich 8.) Crash 9) Wallace and Gromit 10) Pride & Prejudice
Sekaino Jasmine
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sekaino Jasmine »

The Cinderella Gift Set looks beautiful! I can't wait to get it! As for the disk art, I think it's pretty boring as well. It almost looks...unfinished, you know? Like they forgot something.

Oh, well. All that matters is what's on those disks. :D
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

I thinkt he disc art works. I like the white but I don't think they spent enough time on it. I think if they worked with it a bit more they'd come up with something amazing.
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
chaychay102royal
Anniversary Edition

Post by chaychay102royal »

orestes. wrote:I thinkt he disc art works. I like the white but I don't think they spent enough time on it. I think if they worked with it a bit more they'd come up with something amazing.
I like the simple side of it. The only suggestion I can think of is do a border around the edge of the disc of light blue--not the color of Cindy's dress, but just a little lighter. They should do the border of light blue on the first disc and a border of light pink on the second disc.

POSSIBLE FAQ ON WHAT I SAID ABOVE
Why blue on the first disc? : Two reasons: 1. She's wearing a blue dress and 2. The dress plays a good role in the movie. Not only is it a part of one of the best scenes in the movie (Fairy Godmother, "Bibbidi Bobidi Boo")but the Prince fell in love with Cinderella when she was wearing that dress.
Why pink with the mice? Shouldn't it be black, brown or a color of a shirt?: The mice made a pink dress for Cinderella. I loved the dress when I was younger, and I really think that the pink dress represents the friendship between Cinderella and the animals that live on the manor.
Why light colors?: The border shouldn't be the focus of the disc--it should be the characters. However, the border can draw more attention to the characters. This especially works with the blue and the first disc.
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

but I still can´t get why that colors as backscreen on the disc!
I mean, yes it have is marketing and even psycological reasons but couldné be equal with a light blue?
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

I think the disc art works. I'm buying the DVD for the movie & features, not disc art nor its slipcover or box.

Plus, does it really matter if people complain about how "plain and boring" Cinderella's discs are? In the end, they buy it. :roll:
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts