CINDERELLA Platinum Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

MickeyMousePal wrote:I can't wait to get Cinderella on Oct 4!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Thanks for adding that wealth of information to the discussion, MMP! :thumb:

I, for one, am especially looking forward the The Art of Mary Blair and the Cinderella That Almost Was featurette. I love the vintage illustrations that are found in some of the vintage Disney Cinderella books I see at flea markets and whatnot.
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
my chicken is infected
Anniversary Edition

Post by my chicken is infected »

Funny how they can include all those trailers on Cinderella and only one on Bambi. :roll: But at least Cinderella WILL have them.
-Joey
Bill
In The Vaults

Post by Bill »

pinkrenata wrote:
MickeyMousePal wrote:I can't wait to get Cinderella on Oct 4!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Thanks for adding that wealth of information to the discussion, MMP! :thumb:
Now come on, would you rather have him saying that, or me?? :lol:
-Bill
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

If the making-of is long enough to go into detail, and we eventually do get an audio commentary of some kind, in my opinion Disney has proven that they can make DVDs the right way. Bambi and the Lion King kinda disappointed, but this PE sounds amazing! I'm especially excited about the demo recordings, the making-of feature and of course the movie itself. Thanks for posting the review Luke!
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
That1GuyPictures
Gold Classic Collection

Post by That1GuyPictures »

It sounds like a great release...and it's about darn time the press release was RELEASED.
If you need to see better resolution cover art of the Cinderella Gift set it can be found at DVDtown.com...
Disney is really starting to slack on their marketing campaigns!
We're their best customers! :)

I just hope the 5.1 mix is as good as Bambi's and not quite as awkward as the one on Mary Poppins. Please DISNEY!!!! No new sound effects!
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

theatrical trailers... they actually mention them and how many and from what years they are.... oh my god... amazing
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

I'm hoping the international editions have something else to replace the ESPN Cinderella Stories. After all, they won't mean much to a non-American audience will they?
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

There's supposed to be a trailer for Cinderella 3 on the DVDs. I would like a custom slipcover with cinderella in the pink dress before Tremaine trashes it.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney-Fan »

Hmm the lack of information on Cinderella III sneak peak may imply that this press release isn't complete. This gives some hope for an audio commentary!
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

DisneyFan 2000 wrote:Hmm the lack of information on Cinderella III sneak peak may imply that this press release isn't complete. This gives some hope for an audio commentary!
Or maybe they are going to include it under the Sneak Peaks domain, so that's why it hasn't been mentioned.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

I saw it posted on a website somewhere...
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney-Fan »

Joe Carioca wrote: Or maybe they are going to include it under the Sneak Peaks domain, so that's why it hasn't been mentioned.
Hmm, maybe so. But my bet is they'll go along the lines of the Bambi and the Great Prince featurette. Just so they can justify to the audience why a second sequel is needed. :roll:
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Oh, oh, oh yeah! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited!Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited! Me is excited!

Can't you tell that I'm excited? :P

This release looks like it's going to be fantastic. So many trailers, archival pieces and of course, an all new music video! The most important aspect of a Disney DVD! :roll:
pinkrenata wrote:I, for one, am especially looking forward the The Art of Mary Blair and the Cinderella That Almost Was featurette. I love the vintage illustrations that are found in some of the vintage Disney Cinderella books I see at flea markets and whatnot.
These are the two things that I'm most excited about on the DVD as well; the idea of a lost storyboard sounds really interesting and exciting, and like Renata, I lobsterlove Mary Blair's work.

I'm also glad that it will be in the original fullscreen 1:33:1; I was scared that it would actually be in a faked widescreen ratio of 1:78:1, as I saw the fact sheet on the Disney Database listed the DVD dimensions as this. I'm a little shocked that no audio commentary was listed. I know it will probably pop up at last minute, but if it doesn't, I'll be a bit odd; I read that Cinderella was Walt's favourite movie (I'm not 100% sure, though; other sources have said it was Bambi, Dumbo, Sleeping Beauty or So Dear to My Heart).
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Wonderlicious wrote: I read that Cinderella was Walt's favourite movie (I'm not 100% sure, though; other sources have said it was Bambi, Dumbo, Sleeping Beauty or So Dear to My Heart).
Walt once said his favourite piece of animation was that of Cinderella getting her dress, but "Bambi" is know to be his very favourite animated feature. As for "Sleeping Beauty", I believe it was one of his [/i]least favourites.
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

I don't see any commentary either. :( I might pick this gift set up. Thanks for the info! The blue box looks really nice.

I can't wait to see the drawing on the small lithographs.
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

Post by deathie mouse »

The Press Release wrote:DVD aspect ratio: Fullscreen (1.33:1)– the aspect ratio in which the film was originally created.
:headshake:

*tsk tsk

where is accuracy in adverstising

:twisted:
rb_canadian181
Gold Classic Collection

Post by rb_canadian181 »

Glad to finally read the press release. Sounds like it's going to be an ok release....yeah, thats right, just ok.
I'm really upset with the ESPN sports stuff...of all movies to have a sports featurette, this is not the ideal one. "Cinderella" is a disney, animated classic, the sports just dont look good with this set. Also on disc 1, the music videos sound like a waste of technology! I really wish those weren't on there.
For disc 2, the only thing I'm really against is all the princess stuff :roll: . The "house of royalty" is un necessary. Gown, palace and room designer?! Pyjama jam??!! :x not impressed
Other than those things, I think it's going to be a great set. I'm especially looking forward to the Mary Blair art featurette, 9 old men, the supposedly "amazing" transfer and all the behind the scenes, making of and deleted material.
There's nothing that would stop me from buying this but I'm really mad about the whole "disney princess" thing :evil: . i wish it was more collector oriented! :) and less 4 year old girl oriented :roll:
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

rb_canadian181 wrote: i wish it was more collector oriented! :) and less 4 year old girl oriented :roll:
Actually, I think Disney should be applauded for making this as film-fan oriented as it seems. In essence, the only kiddie features are the two music videos, the "House of Royalty" feature, and the Pajama Jam game. I'm not counting the DVD-Rom stuff because they won't be staring at me in the face everytime I pop the disc into my DVD player, so that's fine. Yeah, the ESPN thing seems rather out of place, but I still think the level of fluff on this release is quite minimal compared to the other Platinums. I think the only Platinum that has less fluff than this is Snow White (which only had a music video, game, and sing-along). Heck, I think even Sleeping Beauty may have more princess crap on its release than Cinderella might.
chaychay102royal
Anniversary Edition

Post by chaychay102royal »

Wow, this is better than I expected! Cinderella will definitely become my first PE DVD in October!
Solid Liquid Fox

Post by Solid Liquid Fox »

GETTING THAT GIFT SET FOR SURE!!!!

:o
"The Brave do not fear the grave"