CINDERELLA Platinum Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Jens wrote:I knew someone would react like that :roll:
I was joking.... No need for virtual eye-rolling. :)
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Jens
Special Edition

Post by Jens »

I know you were... I just kind of knew someone would react like that... Anyone! I didn't want to personally attack you ;)
The Disney Database - All the Disney magic in 1 site!
Disney Live On
Gold Classic Collection

CAN'T WAIT!

Post by Disney Live On »

I AM LITERALLY HANGING ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT RIGHT NOW! I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL WEDNESDAY!!! SERIOUSLY I WAS TRYING TO PRE ORDER THIS MOVIE SINCE AUGUST BUT NOW UNFORTUNATLY I'M GOING AWAY BUT NO MATTER WHERE I AM THE DAY THIS DVD COMES OUT I WILL GET MU HANDS ON A COPY! ACTUALLY TWO COPIES CAUSE I'M BUYING IT FOR MY NIECE TO!

GO CINDERELLA!!!!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

DarthPrime wrote:The Wal-Mart cd will probably be extra. I know our Wal-Marts charge $5 extra for the bonus cd/dvds. I'm still waiting to see if Best Buy will have a plush or a lithograph. Hopefully if they do it will be for everyone and not just reward zone members.
Wow, they charge an extra $5? When I got Finding Nemo from my walmart, there was a bonus game attached and it was FREE.

What is walmart offering? They usually match prices when I bring in the Mega Electronics store ad from the city an hour away from me.

And cinderella II wasn't that bad.........in fact, I need to figure out a way to clean my disc cause my niece loves Cinderella and she liked watching my copy of CII until I can get her a copy of the Platinum edition next week.
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Post by Nala »

Up here in Canada, Zeller's is offering 50,000 bonus points if you pre-order on Saturday. Cinderella's slipper is offered on a necklace.

Both Best Buy and Future Shop up here in Canada have it for $19.00 Canadian.
My Growing DVD Collection!

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08
creid
Gold Classic Collection

Pre-Order Shipping Soon

Post by creid »

I pre-ordered on Amazon back in August and it just last night turned to shipping soon. I figured I will have to wait 'til next Friday as I also ordered Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection with it. (Free Shipping!!!)

That means only 7 more days until PSYCHO, VERTIGO, REAR WINDOW, SHADOW OF A DOUBT & CINDRELLA.

CR
creid
(The babysitter bandit)...“stealing the valuable objects it took a family a lifetime to shop for.” – The Simpsons
That1GuyPictures
Gold Classic Collection

Post by That1GuyPictures »

I got my Cinderella DVD today at a store that puts out DVD releases a week early. (Some day the law will catch up with them, but till then, I LOVE THEM.)
I just finished watching the film, and the restoration on the film is amazing, and there are NO new sound effects that I was aware of.
The video transfer is nothing short of astonishing, showcasing the amazing background artwork.
The 5.1 (Enhanced, yeah RIGHT!) sound is slightly dissapointing, it sounds about as good as Snow White did. I found Bambi's mix more pleasing to the ear, but I think that was because the elements from Bambi were in better shape.

I'm not saying that Cinderella sounds BAD, it sounds better here than ever before, but the original elements just probably weren't that great.

The Bonus features are a little too numerous to delve into...but I will eventually watch them all. The Circle of Stars video is, as expected...atrocious. And the fact that there is a making of this 3 minute music video is apalling.

I found the ESPN special to be quite a stretch...
I'm sure all the little princesses out there are just dying to watch these classic football and various other classic sport stories.

I was VERY dissapointed in the Disc One main menus, and even though I'm sure a lot of work went into them, and although well animated, I think that they are very bland, and the sound effects are unbelivable cheesy.

Whenever I get a chance, I'll post what I think about the other special features. Let me know if you guys want me to answer a certain question about the transfer of the film or the bonus features that are included.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

Remember, you got 3 days left before the "Cinderella" DVD to comes out.
Disney Live On
Gold Classic Collection

So excited!

Post by Disney Live On »

Hey there it's me again and my excitment is only getting worse as the days go by. I can't wait for this DVD! I decided after all to preorder it since I'm not leaving for my holiday until after midday on Wednesday so I'll have time to pick up the DVD before I go. And the great part is that I have a DVD player in my car so I can watch it in the back while my friends are driving. However I may not have to wait so long to get it because apparently the stocks coming in on Monday so Sanity (my music store) is seeing if they can release it to me sooner since I pre-ordered it.
I agree about the sports featurettes though. That is a huge stretch and I know that it won't just be the little Princesses skipping this feature because I will be to (what a waste of space). As for the Music Video I will have to watch it but I mean the last one wasn't so bad so maybe it will be barable. But the main feature I can't wait to see is 'the making of'. From what I've heard and seen on the internet previews its really really good. As for the other features some of them do worry me abit, some even more then the sports featurette. Could somebody (who already has the DVD) tell me anything about the Princess Music Video? All I want to know is whether or not its any good. Some of the previous Princess songs like 'If you can Dream' have been good but others not so much. Is this one worth listening to or is it just (excuse my french) really crappy. Also is there any new animation or is it all just stuff we've seen before. If you could tell me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

PS: CINDERELLA YOU RULE!!!!!!!
waltdisney123
Limited Issue

Post by waltdisney123 »

yes yes ,for the americans ,cinderella is comming out in 3 days,here in Belguim wait tuill the 26th
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Hey Luke, I just want to congratulate you on the interview with Don Hahn and Ilene Woods. That was a very lengthy and in-depth interview and it gives the site even more credibility.

Reading the interview it is possible to notice how involved Don Hahn is in the making of the DVD editions for these classic films. One wonders what went wrong with the DVD edition of his own film: "The Lion King".

Hmm, Hahn also says that he is currently working in a tradicionally-animated film. I wonder if it is outside Disney.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Yeah, the review was a great read. Thanks Luke! :)
I couldn't help but notice the Hahn was holding himself back from really criticising the state of animation today and Disney's logic. I think that if he wasn't working for Disney right now he'd be much more open with his opinion on the subject.
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

I can't believe it's almost here. Where has the time gone?
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Post by The Little Merman »

magicalwands wrote:I can't believe it's almost here. Where has the time gone?
I know! I cannot believe it myself. I'm just to happy it's Autumn, and Autumn means a new Platinum :D

*tlm
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Here´s a picture of the box set from eBay:

The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Post by The Little Merman »

Joe Carioca wrote:Here´s a picture of the box set from eBay:

:jawdrop: ..... :shock: :jawdrop: ......Oh. My. Gosh. That looks unbelievably better when they show you the real picture. Wow. Thanks Joe!!

*tlm
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

That1GuyPictures wrote:I got my Cinderella DVD today at a store that puts out DVD releases a week early. (Some day the law will catch up with them, but till then, I LOVE THEM.)
Whats the name of the store?
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

Post by Little Red Henski »

Alan wrote:
That1GuyPictures wrote:I got my Cinderella DVD today at a store that puts out DVD releases a week early. (Some day the law will catch up with them, but till then, I LOVE THEM.)
Whats the name of the store?
I wouldn't post the name of that store unless you want to get your source for early DVD releases in trouble. We do not know who else might be reading this forum.
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Looking at available ads:

Target looks to have Cinderella: Platinum Edition for $16.99 with a free exclusive necklace.

http://weeklyad.target.com/target/circu ... licksrc=01&

KMart looks to have it for $18.00, although I'm confused as to if it is just the DVD alone, or the price represents the DVD and Cinderella Twinkle Doll together, or just the price of the doll? I'm not sure on this one:

http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/defaul ... enumber=13

Walmart does not advertise their price, and their ads really suck. I don't know why I bother with them?!

I am waiting for more ads, so if someone can find the prices for Best Buy, Circuit City, and Ultimate Electronics, please post them in this thread. Thanks!
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

MadonnasManOne Wrote:
Walmart does not advertise their price, and their ads really suck. I don't know why I bother with them?!
Wal-Mart has Cinderella for $16.99 I just saw their ad yesterday at the store.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's: