Pom Poko / My Neighbors The Yamadas - DVDs Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

Eric - Okay. I was kind of thinking like you were, the last wave would be the mature one. I can't imagine they are not going to do Princess Monokoke.
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

Post by Little Red Henski »

Disney could also release them like this.

Feb 2006 Wave 4: Whisper of the Heart & Howl Moving Castle
Aug 2006: Wave 5: My Neighbor Totoro & Only Yesterday
Feb 2007: Wave 6 Princess Mononoke 10th anniversary & Ocean Waves or a new film.

Studio Ghibli said long ago all their theatrical films will be released.
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

what is this? i used to live in a place where hardly anything got to .......... literally
jafar

IS TOTORO COMING THIS AUGUST??????

Post by jafar »

guys, my neighbor tototoro 2disc dvd is up for preorder on barnesandnoble.com and to my surprise the release date is given as 08/16/2005!!!!!!!! :o
here's the link: http://video.barnesandnoble.com/search/ ... rm=0&itm=1

i even sent them a mail regarding my doubts over this release date but they say this is the date they've got from the publisher!!

can any of you guys clarify???

also i'm dying to know about the r1 release of "ocean waves:i can hear the sea". has disney actually aquired the rights for it now??
miyazaki-san and nick park are the greatest, most gifted and most humble human beings i've ever known!!!!!!
Prince Eric
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Eric »

:o

Is there any confirmation out there, guys? I guess Luke would have known by now and posted it, but they have something we've never seen: Cover Art, and pretty good cover art at that! I really hope Disney has had a change of plans and reverted to the orignal release. This would be the perfect movie for me to get, because I've heard so much about it and never seen it.
The Top 10 Films of 2005:
1) Brokeback Mountain 2) The Squid and the Whale 3) Me And You And Everyone We Know 4) The New World 5) A History of Violence 6) Match Point 7) Munich 8.) Crash 9) Wallace and Gromit 10) Pride & Prejudice
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

That cover art isn't new. That Totoro cover art is from wave 2 last year. The reason it looks nice is it is the Japanese cover art. I don't know anything about the status of I Can Hear the Sea.
Prince Eric
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Eric »

Little Red Henski wrote:That cover art isn't new. That Totoro cover art is from wave 2 last year. The reason it looks nice is it is the Japanese cover art. I don't know anything about the status of I Can Hear the Sea.
OK, false alarm! Thanks for clearing that up! :)

I know for a fact that Buena Vista Home Entertainment has I Can Hear the Ocean Waves DVD rights in Japan, so I guess North American rights aren't too far behind.
1) Brokeback Mountain 2) The Squid and the Whale 3) Me And You And Everyone We Know 4) The New World 5) A History of Violence 6) Match Point 7) Munich 8.) Crash 9) Wallace and Gromit 10) Pride & Prejudice
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

Prince Eric wrote:I know for a fact that Buena Vista Home Entertainment has I Can Hear the Ocean Waves DVD rights in Japan, so I guess North American rights aren't too far behind.
Yes, but Buena Vista also has the rights to a lot of Pre-Ghibli Miyazaki & Takahata stuff in Japan and doesn't have the rights to them here. Castle of Cagliostro, Panda Go Panda, Chie the Brat and Sherlock Hound.

Does anybody know if Disney is going to include the interview they did with Takahata last year on any of the wave 3 DVDs?
jafar

Post by jafar »

not really sure if disney is going to include that on any of wave 3 dvds but i doubt they'll do so. also the bonus features listed on all the websites dont say so.

though central park media did a great job with another takahata masterpiece "grave of the fireflies" dvd. it has lots of extras to delight fans like me.

guys nausicaa.net reports that "totoro" and "howl's" are coming to dvd this year in france, with totoro in september and howl's in november!! it is annoying waiting endlessly for region1 release :(
miyazaki-san and nick park are the greatest, most gifted and most humble human beings i've ever known!!!!!!
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

Are the French getting a 6 movie Ghibli Boxset on Christmas or is it just the 6 movies wraped together in plastic?
Humbug

Post by Humbug »

Little Red Henski wrote:Are the French getting a 6 movie Ghibli Boxset on Christmas or is it just the 6 movies wraped together in plastic?
The annoucement stated a "boxset", so as far as we know it's going to be a real thing... Which could end up being a cardboard box with all 6 dvds inside. The release of a boxset at this point probably won't interest a lot of fans though, especially with the two splendid collector's editions of Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away now available. Could however make a nice Christmas gift, or even a nice thing to order if you can't wait for R1 releases and don't mind french subtitles
castleinthesky
Anniversary Edition

Post by castleinthesky »

Little Red Henski wrote:Disney could also release them like this.

Feb 2007: Wave 6 Princess Mononoke 10th anniversary & Ocean Waves or a new film.

I think that grouping of waves looks very good, and that's how Dinsey should do it. Whisper and Totoro could both be flipped. Maybe Disney could aquire rights to On Your Mark, and put it and the Ghiblies 1 and 2 as extras on a DVD.
Best Movies of 2009:
1. Moon
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. The Hurt Locker
4. Coraline
5. Ponyo
Prince Eric
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Eric »

castleinthesky wrote:
Little Red Henski wrote:Disney could also release them like this.

I think that grouping of waves looks very good, and that's how Dinsey should do it. Whisper and Totoro could both be flipped. Maybe Disney could aquire rights to On Your Mark, and put it and the Ghiblies 1 and 2 as extras on a DVD.
I don't know why Disney can't just acquire rights to Grave of the Fireflies and we can have ALL Studio Ghibli titles in a uniform DVD collection. :lol: Just kidding. I'm the proud owner of the Central Park Media Collector's Series DVD, and I think in many cases, it outshines the BVHE releases. For one, there's more bonus features, and two, the artwork is wonderfully restored. Anyway, I've been meaning to ask a question and I didn't think it merited a seperate thread in Off-Topic. Since I love collections, I took the Collector's Series banner on the DVD to mean that there were more titles in the line, and on visiting there site, I was proved right. Not only are they anime, but other award-winning titles of international animated cinema that weren't deemed profitable enough for a theatrical release. I would like to know what people think of these DVDs, movie, and bonus features as a whole. Some of the titles looked very interesting, Particularly, these:

The Boy Who Wanted To Be A Bear (France)
Doggy Poo (Korea)
Cat Soup (Japan)
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

All that I know is Cat Soup is very sick, twisted and violent. The creator of the manga had issues & committed suicide.
Prince Eric
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Eric »

Little Red Henski wrote:All that I know is Cat Soup is very sick, twisted and violent. The creator of the manga had issues & committed suicide.
Have you seen it? I'd like to know details! This sound like my type of animated movie! :D
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

I haven't seen the Cat Soup OVA only screen shots from the TV series. You can find out details of creators Nekojiru's sick mind & her suicide.
http://www.belsona-strategic.com/where_ ... p_gone.htm
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

I suggest you wait before buying any CPM DVDs. They are going to be droping the pices of most of there DVDs to $10.

http://forums.animeondvd.com/showflat.p ... o=&fpart=1
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Anyone else find the Miyazaki movies today?

Post by Mr. Toad »

I couldnt.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Mr. Toad Wrote:
Anyone else find the Miyazaki movies today?
Did you check Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Circuit Ciy and Costco?
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

I saw Yamadas at fye yesterday but I haven't really started looking for them yet. I want to be sure they are really uncensored before I buy them.