TOY STORY: 10th Anniversary Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Whoopee! It looks like another great 2 Disc Special Edition from the House of Computer Mouse (do you get the awful pun? :p). I'm still surprised the official press release for Cinderella isn't up yet though...
azul017
Special Edition

Post by azul017 »

Nice to see the official press release of this new release has surfaced so quickly. But no Toy Story 2 SE or re-release? :? I liked it much better than Toy Story.

Oh well. Since I don't have UTB, this will worth purchasing just for the audiovisual quality (gotta love the Surround EX sound) alone, but there's no DTS-ES track. What gives? :x
Kit*

Post by Kit* »

wow! this is awsome, i cant wait
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

This looks amazing! :o Toy Story is one of my favorite movies, and since I didn't get the Toy Box set, I'll definatly be buying this the first day it comes out(like I did with The Incredibles)! :D If they release a 2 Disc SE for Toy Story 2, then having both of those DVDs are better than having to UTB. Anyways I'm excited about this! :D
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Kit* wrote:i cant wait
Me neither! This is a must buy for me. :D
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

Im sure September 6th will roll around sooner than we think. This will be great, better than my 1 disc edition. :D
hiiiii
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Wonderlicious wrote:I'm still surprised the official press release for Cinderella isn't up yet though...
Exactly what I was thinking... Isn't it odd we have already gotten a press release for a DVD that came out of nowhere and still no sign of "Cinderella"?

Anyway, this DVD rerelease of "Toy Story" seems to have enough new material to entice even those who already own the UTB. I don't know how much they can improve on picture and sound quality, (OK, I know the sound mix can be made into a bit more active) but I know it will be enough for us to see the diference.
Scabbie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Scabbie »

I hope this DVD will be released in Europe too. I have the film on DVD, but there aren't very much extra's on it.
Disney's musical Tarzan. Coming to Holland 2007.
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

Scabbie wrote:I hope this DVD will be released in Europe too. I have the film on DVD, but there aren't very much extra's on it.
I dont think theres any need to worry as im 95% sure we'll get it :)
hiiiii
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Joe Carioca wrote:
Wonderlicious wrote:I'm still surprised the official press release for Cinderella isn't up yet though...
Exactly what I was thinking... Isn't it odd we have already gotten a press release for a DVD that came out of nowhere and still no sign of "Cinderella"?

Anyway, this DVD rerelease of "Toy Story" seems to have enough new material to entice even those who already own the UTB. I don't know how much they can improve on picture and sound quality, (OK, I know the sound mix can be made into a bit more active) but I know it will be enough for us to see the diference.
Yes, the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this press release linked on the main page was, "Where's Cinderella...?"

I'm a proud owner of The Ultimate Toy Box, but I'm finding myself rather tempted to buy this release. I know I really shouldn't because there are too many releases during this time that I need to get (Lilo & Stitch: SE, Ben-Hur: CE, Cinderella: PE, Wizard of Oz: SE, Titanic: CE...). I think I'll wait until our dear Luke does an in-depth review of it before I decide whether or not I'll make a double dip.
goofy108
Gold Classic Collection

Post by goofy108 »

Wow! I guess it is official then. Im so glad I held off on buying this. This sounds like an amazing DVD. Cant wait! :D

:goofy:
lolopimp
Banned Deadbeat

Post by lolopimp »

I'll be definately be picking a copy of this since I don't got neither the Ultimate Box or the normal DVD. Sounds cool that the picture will have a higher bit-rate included and a promising sound presentation.

Still no news of a Lilo and Stitch ME DVD though :roll:
Thanks to Rafiki from Lea for this awesome siggy!
"Boy do I hate being right all the time." -Ian Malcolm
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Wow...not a bad at all list of bonus features!

Now I have to remember 3 things when buying:
-Get it before the stores run out from a bunch of parents buying it for their kids.
-Check for a non-clip DVD
-Check online for any good deals "Buy this and you get a free."
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

"Ctrl+F"...types in "slipcover"
where the heck is it?

Luke, does it come with a slipcover?
Just kidding of course! ;)

Anyways, in all seriousness, I'm glad the official release came out. It'd be nice to have this! :D

Thanks, Luke! :up:
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

RJKD23 wrote:"Ctrl+F"...types in "slipcover"
where the heck is it?

Luke, does it come with a slipcover?
Just kidding of course! ;)

Anyways, in all seriousness, I'm glad the official release came out. It'd be nice to have this! :D

Thanks, Luke! :up:
lmao...does it come with a slipcover...but in all seriousness...

IT BETTER! :wink:
Scabbie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Scabbie »

*Andy* wrote:
Scabbie wrote:I hope this DVD will be released in Europe too. I have the film on DVD, but there aren't very much extra's on it.
I dont think theres any need to worry as im 95% sure we'll get it :)
I mean by Europe actually the Netherlands. It's not sure we will have the Pocahontas SE... Maybe we won't get Toy Story too...
Disney's musical Tarzan. Coming to Holland 2007.
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

Disneykid wrote:too many releases during this time that I need to get (Lilo & Stitch: SE, Ben-Hur: CE, Cinderella: PE, Wizard of Oz: SE, Titanic: CE
There's going to be a special edition dvd of Titanic? I was NUTS over that movie when I was little! :) (sorry this is off topic :oops: )
Image Image
Jordan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jordan »

Disneykid wrote:
Joe Carioca wrote: Exactly what I was thinking... Isn't it odd we have already gotten a press release for a DVD that came out of nowhere and still no sign of "Cinderella"?

Yes, the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this press release linked on the main page was, "Where's Cinderella...?"

I'm a proud owner of The Ultimate Toy Box, but I'm finding myself rather tempted to buy this release. I know I really shouldn't because there are too many releases during this time that I need to get (Lilo & Stitch: SE, Ben-Hur: CE, Cinderella: PE, Wizard of Oz: SE, Titanic: CE...). I think I'll wait until our dear Luke does an in-depth review of it before I decide whether or not I'll make a double dip.
Well actually, as I was quoting UD Homepage, there ain't many new bonus features that weren't on the UTB, just a few ones; one of them being a new documentary remplacing the one available on the UTB.
I think I'll be buying this one though even though I own the UTB :wink: I'll get it for pretty cheap ;-)
Chandler (to Phoebe, over the phone) : Listen, Joey isn't gonna be here tonight so why don't you come over and I'll let you uh.. feel my bicep; or maybe more...
Friends, 5.14 - The One Where Everybody Finds Out
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

Mermaid Kelly wrote:
Disneykid wrote:too many releases during this time that I need to get (Lilo & Stitch: SE, Ben-Hur: CE, Cinderella: PE, Wizard of Oz: SE, Titanic: CE
There's going to be a special edition dvd of Titanic? I was NUTS over that movie when I was little! :) (sorry this is off topic :oops: )
Yep, a 4 Disk set! :D (There will also be a regular 2 disk set, but no one cares about that! :P )
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

DisneyFan 2000 wrote:
Mermaid Kelly wrote: There's going to be a special edition dvd of Titanic? I was NUTS over that movie when I was little! :) (sorry this is off topic :oops: )
Yep, a 4 Disk set! :D (There will also be a regular 2 disk set, but no one cares about that! :P )
4 DISC??????? Holy crap! I wonder how much something like that will cost??? My guess is around the price of a tv show on dvd ($40) Thanks for the info :)
Image Image