TOY STORY: 10th Anniversary Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

Great review :D
hiiiii
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Excellent review, as always, Luke!

I will end up taking the "double-dip", but I will hold on to The Ultimate Toy Box, and give this new 2-Disc Edition to my nephew when he is old enough.

I am going to go pick this one up after work. I am going to use the price match from Ultimate Electronics, and use my $5.00 Best Buy Reward Zone coupon, and I'll only pay $8.95 plus tax, plus get the points on my Reward Zone card, at Best Buy. So, it will be well worth it, for me!
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Great review Luke! :D

I still can't believe Disney didn't put "Tin Toy" on the DVD though! I don't mind the other missing features, but I wanted "Tin Toy" quite alot! :(

There's always Toy Story 2 I guess.

Aside from that, there's nothing stopping me! I'm getting this DVD! :D
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I'm totally getting Toy Story 10th Anniversary today I don't know when I might get Lost: The Complete First Season (maybe never prefer Smallville Season 5 which comes out next week).

Hey Luke is anyone going to review Lost? :wink:
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
brownie
Special Edition

Post by brownie »

Once my mom comes home from work, she can drive me to Best Buy so I can get a copy right away. :)
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Just got a copy at Circuit City this afternoon. They only had 4 left out when I got there, although I'm sure they have more in the back. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm going to try to tonight if I have time.

Also there was a coupon in the box for $3.00 off Toy Story 2, and $3.00 off The Incredibles.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

MickeyMousePal wrote:Hey Luke is anyone going to review Lost? :wink:
Hey Pals, for a list of which DVD reviews are currently in progress and who is working on them (including Lost), check out this long-existing thread: http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... php?t=7484

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

I just bought it from Circuit City as well. I guess the slipcover for this one has a purpose: if you're getting tired of Woody in the square when the DVD is placed on a shelf, turn the slipcover over and Buzz will feature in the front. Haha, that was lame.
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

I picked up my copy at Best Buy, using the Ultimate Electronics price match of $13.95, plus a $5.00 Reward Zone coupon, and it came up to $11.88 with tax. Apparently, if you use the Price Match, and the coupon, they only give you the difference on the Price Match, instead of the full price match. Kind of sucks.

At any rate, I can really tell a difference in the picture quality. The image appears more smooth, and the colors "pop" more than those on The Ultimate Toy Box. Sound is improved, as well. I LOVED all of the previews included. I am in the process of watching the whole film. I can't wait to get to the new extra's.

At any rate, a great purchase, even if you have The Ultimate Toy Box. Also, there is a $3.00 coupon included for Toy Story 2: 2-Disc Special Edition, as well as a $3.00 coupon for The Incredibles.
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Wow! I am really amazed at how much improved the picture quality is.

I just did a test between The Ultimate Toy Box version of Toy Story, and the new 10th Annivesary Edition, and the difference is night and day. My DVD player (as I am sure most do) has a ZOOM feature, that allows me to zoom the picture up to 4x.

I did a ZOOM test between the two discs, and it is AMAZING how sharp the picture is on the 10th Annivesary Edition, compared to The UTB version. If anyone else has both versions, try out your ZOOM function, and notice the difference. On The UTB version, zooming in 4x caused the picture to be very pixelated, and jagged. Zooming in 4x on the 10th Anniversary Edition was MUCH sharper, and clearer! AMAZING!
Jungleprince_55
Gold Classic Collection

I was just watching the features on the TS 10th DVD, WOW!

Post by Jungleprince_55 »

I am so glad i finally have an edition of this movie with loads of bounus material since i never had the ultimate toy box, The bonus features like the tv spots, trailers, and the publicity material galleries bring back so many old memories that just watching the movie itself doesn't do.

I remember the first time i ever heard about toy story was when my grandfather took me and my brother to see The Indian In The Cupboard and they showed the trailer for Toy Story,after that i was so excited to see it when it came out,My mom used to take me to burgerking like every week during the toy story promotion to try and get me all the kid's meal toys and i had all of those puppet dolls they were offering too,I also used to have this notebook i would always draw pictures in and i drew TONS of pictures of Woody, Rex, And Buzz in it before the movie even came out.
And i remember the first Toy Story Action Figure i got was Hamm,I was so jealous of my friend Shawn because he had a Buzz Lightyear Action Figure and all i had was a lame Pig Action Figure.
I also remember when my Mom and Dad took me to see the movie when it came out, After that i was pretty much obsessed.
I had to have anything i could find that was related to Toy Story, and back then my little brother had to have the same toy as me evey time i got a new one or else he would get jealous and cry, so when i finally got a buzz lightyear action figure I decided that mine was too holy and supreme
to be played with so i just played with my brother's when he wasn't around.

I have so many more memories of when i was a Toy Story Freak but they would be too numerous to mention.

Anyways, I really love the new DVD. A lot of my DVDs have bonus features that bring back some old memories but not nearly as many as this one does.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I just bought 2 Toy Story: 10th Anniversary Editions and I'm glad that I did. :lol:
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Post by Nala »

MickeyMousePal wrote:I just bought 2 Toy Story: 10th Anniversary Editions and I'm glad that I did. :lol:
I bought it as well and there in the DVD was a coupon for Toy Story 2. I'll be saving when I buy Toy Story 2.
My Growing DVD Collection!

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08
brownie
Special Edition

Post by brownie »

Well, my mom didn't wanna take me to the store today.. :roll: So I'm gonna pick up a copy at the Target by my school before class starts. Thank god it's a late start today! :D
danamichelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by danamichelle »

I really enjoyed the dvd and the bonus features as well. I loved the little green aliens. I could not watch ALL of the extras last night but I flipped through everything to see what the aliens would do. (I know, I am easily amused).
<a href=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html? ... ichelle>My DVD List at DVD Aficionado</a>
<a href=http://www.myspace.com/57703794>MySpace</a>

Lilo: I'M NOT TOUCHING YOU!
Stitch: AARG! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
Bill W
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Bill W »

WOW!!! was exactly what I was thinking when I saw Peter Jackson on that "Legacy of Toy Story" featurette on Disc 1. The guy has lost some massive weight!

Bought it at Wal-Mart and it did not include the coupon booklet with the $3 coupon for Toy Story 2. That makes me mad :x
Disneybell
Banned Deadbeat

Post by Disneybell »

I got mine from wal-mart too that is messed up that the ones from wal-mart didnt comewitht he coupon book. but oh well I was just so happy to get the dvd :) i watched it right when i got home and the picture was great they did an awesome job on this one ;)
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Bill W wrote:WOW!!! was exactly what I was thinking when I saw Peter Jackson on that "Legacy of Toy Story" featurette on Disc 1. The guy has lost some massive weight!
That's a shame, I was hoping he would shave off his beard and play Pete in the live action Mickey Mouse movie! :D
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Post by Nala »

Bill W wrote:WOW!!! was exactly what I was thinking when I saw Peter Jackson on that "Legacy of Toy Story" featurette on Disc 1. The guy has lost some massive weight!

Bought it at Wal-Mart and it did not include the coupon booklet with the $3 coupon for Toy Story 2. That makes me mad :x
Is it only Wal-Mart that are missing the coupon booklet?
My Growing DVD Collection!

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Toy Story: 10th Annivesary Edition...#3 on VideoScan.

Post by MadonnasManOne »

From Movieweb.com:

http://movieweb.com/dvd/news/news.php?id=9246

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Lions Gate Home Entertainment's critically hailed Crash, one of the summer's biggest sleepers, shot to the top of the preliminary national DVD sales chart for the week ending September 11, while Buena Vista Home Entertainment's complete first-season set of Lost finished a strong No. 2.

The dramatic success of Lost, strategically released just 15 days before the ABC network premiere of Season 2, demonstrates the growing clout of the TV-DVD category. The Lost set even beat one of the month's most anticipated family releases, the 10th anniversary DVD edition of Toy Story, which bowed at No. 3 on VideoScan's First Alert sales chart -- in itself is a strong showing for a catalog title.