American Legends DVD

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

American Legends DVD

Post by STASHONE »

Are there only 4 shorts featured and can anybody tell me whether they are shown on any other Disney releases, perhaps as bonus features, etc?

Thanks.
Prince Adam
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Adam »

I know that Johnny Appleseed is a segment of "Melody Time", but that's all I know of.
Defy Gravity...
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

:twisted:
"John Henry" is only availible on this DVD

"Paul Bunyan" is availible on the ordinary videorelease Favorite Stories: Paul Bunyan, not on another DVD

"Johnny Appleseed" is availible on all releases of the feature film Melody Time

"The Brave Engineer" is availible on the ordinary videorelease Cartoon Classics: Volume 12: Disney's Tall Tales, not on another DVD

This is up to today in USA, as far as I know about - hopefully this will change in the future since AMerican Legends not is a very good DVD.
They have erased the main and end titles to every short - so they are not fully complete, as I see it. :evil:
Hope this helps!
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

Thanks a lot, I think I'll hold off on this dvd than, Johnny Appleseed was the only short I really cared about anyways. Are these considered Silly Symphonies btw?
feedmelinguini
Gold Classic Collection

Post by feedmelinguini »

STASHONE wrote:Thanks a lot, I think I'll hold off on this dvd than, Johnny Appleseed was the only short I really cared about anyways. Are these considered Silly Symphonies btw?
No. All of these shorts have been released as "specials," meaning without a series designation. Johnny Appleseed was first part of Melody Time, then rereleased (I believe) without any particular series being named. They are all post-Silly Symphonies shorts.

Lon
feedmelinguini
Gold Classic Collection

Post by feedmelinguini »

feedmelinguini wrote:
STASHONE wrote:Thanks a lot, I think I'll hold off on this dvd than, Johnny Appleseed was the only short I really cared about anyways. Are these considered Silly Symphonies btw?
No. All of these shorts have been released as "specials," meaning without a series designation. Johnny Appleseed was first part of Melody Time, then rereleased (I believe) without any particular series being named. They are all post-Silly Symphonies shorts.

Lon
P.S. Please see Patrick Malone's excellent Disney Animated Short site at http://www.teemings.com/shorts/disney/index.html for more about series designations.
feedmelinguini
Gold Classic Collection

Post by feedmelinguini »

Lon
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

feedmelinguini wrote:
feedmelinguini wrote: No. All of these shorts have been released as "specials," meaning without a series designation. Johnny Appleseed was first part of Melody Time, then rereleased (I believe) without any particular series being named. They are all post-Silly Symphonies shorts.

Lon
P.S. Please see Patrick Malone's excellent Disney Animated Short site at http://www.teemings.com/shorts/disney/index.html for more about series designations.
It's already in my favorites list. :wink:
spies13

American Folk Hero DVD?

Post by spies13 »

Given the fact that Disney loves to double dip and repackage their cartoons, does anybody want to see an American Folk Heros DVD featuring such cartoons as Casey at the Bat, Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill, Peter and the Wolf, Johnny Appleseed etc....I know that all these shorts are out on DVD already but i kind of would like to see them all on one DVD.
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

Well they sort of have a DVd like that out but it doesn't contain all that you mentioned...

...maybe they could come out with American Legends 2.
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Orestes, you beat me to it. Yeah, I own this DVD and it is pretty cool. I think that a volume two might be in order, but I am sure that Disney has other plans for a way to milk us out of our hard-earned cash. Let's sit back and see what rolls off the Disney money-making machine next.

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
jamminjake245
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jamminjake245 »

That looks really intresting. Maybe more releases will be scheduled.:)
Wants Muppet Babies on DVD!!
Hopefully if Duckales and Rescue Rangers sell well we will get it!! Don't forget Gummi Bears!
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/ ... Banner.jpg
jebsdad
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jebsdad »

I would like the contents of Disney's American Legends (DAL) to appear elsewhere - hopefully a Walt Disney Treasures set.

I seriously hate the format of DAL due to the credits being deleted - I still have my video copy of John Henry from the Disney Channel because the start of the short is missing due to the missing credits, including part of the opening song.