UD Heroes & Heroines Countdown: Voting, Countdown Done

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

All I have to say is that Goliath from Gargoyles should be number 1.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Wonderlicious wrote:By the way, when are any of Miss Renata's comments popping up?
They've popped up, just uncredited. :roll:
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
chaychay102royal
Anniversary Edition

Post by chaychay102royal »

MickeyMousePal wrote:All I have to say is that Goliath from Gargoyles should be number 1.
*shiver* I have a number of objections to this statement:
1. Goliath isn't from a Disney film, but a Disney television show. Therefore he doesn't count.
2. There are so many heroes who do more important things than what the statues probably did in Gargoyles. When the show was on, I didn't watch it, but it's a television show about gargoyles-which is basically a dark version of the comic relief in The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

LUKE SAID She didn't make my list, but no one submitted comments to [email protected]. If you do that, with how you'd like to be credited, you'll have a comment that's more of a testament to this heroine

Luke, I sent in a comment for Lilo! Not sure if my comments got to you though. Here is it again-
3. Lilo- Lilo and Stitch
Lilo is the person in the middle when it comes to her well-being and safety. She is a little girl with a mixed up family, a mutant experiment on her hands, a social worker inspecting her and her family all the time and she’s also trying to fit in. nasty Throughout the bizarre course of events she never loses her unwavering faith in her beloved ‘ohana’. She is the constant in the movie, as she always stays faithful. She is never spiteful to
anyone and always helps people with their problems. She is an unlikely choice but is nonetheless a wonderful ‘Disney Heroine’.
-James
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

chaychay102royal wrote:
MickeyMousePal wrote:All I have to say is that Goliath from Gargoyles should be number 1.
*shiver* I have a number of objections to this statement:
MickeyMousePal's just in denial. :headshake:
Goliath will always be his #1 hero though. 8)
----------

Yea me too, I made a comment for the incredibly cute Lilo! :)
Glad to see <strike>Julie Andrews</strike> Mary Poppins made it! :D Then again, why wouldn't she? ;)
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

Hooray! :) Thanks Luke! I'm quoted three times now, on this countdown! My comments are for Marlin, Lilo and Megara and they are under my real life name of James Taylor.
-James
Uncle Remus
Anniversary Edition

Post by Uncle Remus »

Seeing that the countdown is almost over, I'm taking a guess right now on some of the possibilities on which heroes will be on the top 5 :
Captain Jack Sparrow
Aladdin
Simba
Hercules
Beast
Bernard
Mr. Incredible (Bob Parr)

And for the heroines:
Ariel
Jasmine
Pocahantas
Belle
Mulan

well I guess I will have to wait until later today to see the final top 5 heroes and heroines. I can't wait! :D
Last edited by Uncle Remus on Fri May 27, 2005 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raydawggie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Raydawggie »

I think it's a safe bet that the top five heroines are Belle, Ariel, Mulan, Jasmine, and Pocahontas. I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be the top five, especially since if they weren't, they wouldn't have made the list at all.

The men are trickier. I think it's a safe bet that Aladdin and Simba are there, but I wonder who the other three are. I would guess that they're Beast, Jack Sparrow, and Mr. Incredible. I can't believe Hercules probably missed the list entirely. :(
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

I don't think Jack Sparrow is going to make it. Sad because he's one of my favorites! :D

Well at least 2 of my comments on Elastigirl and Buzz are posted. Luckily a couple more will come up today! :D
Raydawggie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Raydawggie »

Hopefully my comments on Mulan and Aladdin will make it. It would be even better if they were in the Number 1 spot. :D
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

What about Dumbo! I was sooo sure that he'd make the list!
-James
chaychay102royal
Anniversary Edition

Post by chaychay102royal »

James wrote:What about Dumbo! I was sooo sure that he'd make the list!
-James
Frankly, I don't think he will. He's not much of a hero.

Mulan seems to be very popular among the UD people. I think it's because she's one of the few heroines that actually does something heroic.
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

Wow, absolutely fantastic countdown Luke! :D And thanks for including 5 out of my 6 comments on it! :) But I was sooo sure that Dumbo would be in it! He's like the best Disney Heroe ever! I knew that Aladdin was going to win, but I sure wasn't expecting Belle to win Heroine! :o I thought that she'd make in into the top 5, but never did I think that she'd win! Oh well! What's the next countdown going to be people! :lol:
-James
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Well overall I'm quite satisfied with the list of results, although their are a few characters their that are not heroic in the slightest! I mean take Cinderella for example. Would you really call her a heroine? What does she do that is heroic?
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

ichabod wrote:I mean take Cinderella for example. Would you really call her a heroine? What does she do that is heroic?
She cleans the house, therefore she kills germs. Nuff said.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Wonderlicious wrote:She cleans the house, therefore she kills germs. Nuff said.
Ah, the heroic nature of the domestic goddess. Thankyou for enlightening me to the error of my ways! :wink:
lolopimp
Banned Deadbeat

Post by lolopimp »

Great Countdown, just finished seeing the top 5 Heroes and Heroines. Great comments by everyone and was surprised to see some of those characters make it so high. I was really sure Jack Sparrow was going to make it, or maybe even the brave Mufasa! Well at least he lives in Simba and he made the number 2 spot! :twisted:
Thanks to Rafiki from Lea for this awesome siggy!
"Boy do I hate being right all the time." -Ian Malcolm
DDMAN26
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DDMAN26 »

Another good countdown.
Most Anticpated: Watchmen Terminator Salvation Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Well I'm glad Belle made the #1 Heroine. She was really heroic! Even though in my comment I said I liked Ariel the best I think Belle might be an exception.

As for the heros I was hoping Simba would be #1. But I'm still gald Aladdin made #1. Mr. Incredible got #4 and I was obsessed with the movie back then so that's whay I said he was my favorite. I can't say he's still my favorite but I'm still gald he got #4. I wonder how Beast got #3 thought. I guess UD thinks that threatening to break down the door, imprisoning people, and constantly yelling at people to do what he wants is very heroic! :roll:
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

What a lovely countdown!
I never would've guessed that Al could beat Simba! :o
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts