Disney Channel miniseries "Spellbinder" is coming

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
macphoen

Disney Channel miniseries "Spellbinder" is coming

Post by macphoen »

I found this my accident, but apparently "Spellbinder", the 26-part mini-series that aired on the Disney Channel 9 years ago, is coming September 22. It's being release in Region 4 only. The distributor who is releasing this is called Shock.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/781694

Luke, any clue if Disney has the DVD rights to this series?
bennyb98
Gold Classic Collection

Post by bennyb98 »

Awesome!!!
I remember this series! Too bad it is only a R4 release.
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Hi

Post by Disney Guru »

Will somebody please post a description of what "Spellbinder" is.

Seeing that I've never heard of it.

Thanks.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
macphoen

Re: Hi

Post by macphoen »

Disney Guru wrote:Will somebody please post a description of what "Spellbinder" is.
Sure. Here's the description from the link above:
A freak accident transports suburban teenager Paul to a parallel world! Here, the Industrial Revolution never happened and a powerful group called Spellbinders control people by exploiting their fear and ignorance. Helped by a young girl, Riana, Paul must gather help from both worlds at the same time - or be marooned forever.

Paul escapes, but in the process Riana becomes trapped in his complex, industrial world. When an evil Spellbinder also discovers how to break through to Paul's world, Paul and Riana must use their wits and imagination to prevent her gaining access to unimaginable technology and power. Spellbinder is an exciting mix of adventure, fantasy and fun.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Can't say I remember this show at all, but from a bit of research, it sounds like one of the "acquired" shows that made up Disney Channel programming, like "Under the Umbrella Tree" and many others. The Region 4 release makes sense then due to its partly-Australian origins, but unless the distributor has rights here (which I doubt) and gauges interest in the North American public, then your best bet will probably be to import from R4.
windupgamecat

Post by windupgamecat »

Spellbinder is an Australian co-production with (I think) Poland. Disney have no involvement beyond licencing the show to screen in the USA.

www.ezydvd.com.au is a good place for non-Australians to pick up the DVD if they want it, since we don't have a local Amazon branch yet.