Don't buy Incredibles from Disney Direct (Okay, now you can)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
karlsen
Special Edition

Re: Yep I did

Post by karlsen »

RJKD23 wrote:They must have come by this forum and read the complaints of Fullscreen! ;)
I bet they got so many reactions from mad customers when they did not carry the widescreen edition that the understood that it would be better to change into widescreen instead.
"You hate to repeat yourself. I don't like to make sequels to my pictures. I like to take a new thing and develop something, a new concept." - Walt Disney
RickWJ324

Walmart and FULLSCREEN

Post by RickWJ324 »

I went to my local Walmart this evening because I knew they had the cheapest price on The Incredibles. That store must have had several hundred copies of The Incredibles throughout the store, but ALL of them were FULLSCREEN!! I did manage to find a Widescreen version packaged with some computer program for a few dollars more, but I didn't want that. So, I went to Target (was only 1 dollar more than Walmart). Still, I just couldn't believe the amount of copies they had available in that store and they were all fullscreen. Of course when I asked one of the workers about Widescreen, they had no clue what I was talking about. Very frustrating!!

--RickWJ324
Luke
Site Admin

Re: Walmart and FULLSCREEN

Post by Luke »

RickWJ324 wrote:I went to my local Walmart this evening because I knew they had the cheapest price on The Incredibles. That store must have had several hundred copies of The Incredibles throughout the store, but ALL of them were FULLSCREEN!!
I can count the number of times I've been to a Walmart on one hand, but I too have experienced that dreadful Fullscreen-only reality. Ain't it the worst?

Welcome the forum, Rick! Hope you'll stick around!
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Re: Walmart and FULLSCREEN

Post by RJKD23 »

RickWJ324 wrote:I went to my local Walmart this evening because I knew they had the cheapest price on The Incredibles. That store must have had several hundred copies of The Incredibles throughout the store, but ALL of them were FULLSCREEN!! I did manage to find a Widescreen version packaged with some computer program for a few dollars more, but I didn't want that. So, I went to Target (was only 1 dollar more than Walmart). Still, I just couldn't believe the amount of copies they had available in that store and they were all fullscreen. Of course when I asked one of the workers about Widescreen, they had no clue what I was talking about. Very frustrating!!

--RickWJ324
you know Luke, i think those wal-mart people are reading these forums! :lol:

they probably read that one thread..."you'll never believe what a disney employee told me to do..." :roll:

Welcome to the forum Rick! :wave:
Glad you found Widescreen and are edumacated about it! ;)
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
The Lizard King
Special Edition

Post by The Lizard King »

Jungleprince_55 wrote:My copy from disney direct was also widescreen and i got the lithos,plush and pin.
Ditto here, as well, except for the plush and pin -- I don't care for these "extras". However, I do care about the lithographs, so I always pre-order from disneydiect.com to get them.

Before I received my The Incredibles DVD from disneydirect.com yesterday, I went out and bought the WS DVD from Best Buy to get THEIR lithgraph on Tuesday, fully expecting to get a NS (that's narrowscreen) version from disneydirect.com. I was pleasantly surprised today to find that the DVD sent from disneydirect.com is WS! Woo-hoo! :D

Now, I have two WS copies of the film, but that's okay. I'll try to sell one of them on eBay, unless anyone here wants it.

TLK 8)
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Just Myself wrote:Luke, dude, all those films you mentioned will kill this , and I'll say why:
1. Monsters and Nemo were excellent. This was good, maybe great, but nowhere near excellent and that was the average audience reaction.
2. Most of the audience was repeat viewers. Kids always take their friends to the movies after they've seen them. If this didn't have repeat audiences, NT and MTF would have beat it by at least $50 million.
Just Myself wrote:Dude, Star Wars is gonna kick this films ass. It's not as good as the other Pixar movies, it didn't make as much money as them, and it's not gonna be top selling DVD of 2005. It will probably be in the top 10, maybe 5, but not at number one.
Well, I told ya so. Link

The final tallies for 2005:
1. The Incredibles, 17.38 M units
2. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, 10.36 M units
3. Madagascar, 10 M units
4. Shark Tale, 10 M units
5. The Polar Express, 8.13 M units
6. Meet the Fockers, 7.21 M units
7. National Treasure, 7.2 M units
8. Cinderella, 6.56 M units
9. Ray, 6.53 M units
10. Batman Begins, 6.15 M units

People may question the public's taste, but more people did buy the best film of 2004 than any other movie, so :thumb: to the people (i.e. public).
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Luke wrote: People may question the public's taste, but more people did buy the best film of 2004 than any other movie, so :thumb: to the people (i.e. public).
I can't see Herbie: Fully Loaded anywhere on that list? And where was Teacher's Pet last year?

:down: to the public. ;)
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database