'Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch' Preview Captures

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

If it is Davleigh, then she's trying to sound as she did for the first movie and not getting very close. It's not an older-sounding person, but it could just be a temporary track rather than the actual voice in the film, since Lilo's just narrating the trailer.

The <i>Mulan II</i> review should be done by the end of the week. That's the earliest I can promise.
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

Ok thanks for telling me fall is Autumn :lol: :lol: :wink:
But i have a feeling because of a couple of the screencaps Stitch is going too go really weird, and change sort of thing!! Ahhhhhh i dont want Mulan 2 but just too see this trailer i may buy it!!!! :lol:
hiiiii
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

*Andy* wrote:Ok thanks for telling me fall is Autumn :lol: :lol: :wink:
But i have a feeling because of a couple of the screencaps Stitch is going too go really weird, and change sort of thing!! Ahhhhhh i dont want Mulan 2 but just too see this trailer i may buy it!!!! :lol:
the trailer will be online by then. I have to say though, if a sequel to Shrek can make huge money then why don't they give tis a theatrical release in fall? It's a slow season at the Box Office anyway. Look what Sharktale did last year in October. Disney is throwing away money here. It looks exactly like the original, nobody could tell the difference. I don't get it, why are all the Pooh movies going to theatres, but not this?
starlioness
Gold Classic Collection

Post by starlioness »

so where did Kronks new groove and the Tarzan II logo come from ? is that also on the Mulan II dvd? :?
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

starlioness wrote:so where did Kronks new groove and the Tarzan II logo come from ? is that also on the Mulan II dvd? :?
Those are probably press files officially released by Disney over the net. Everytime we get news of a new release, its usually accompanied by images either of the logo or a still from the film.
Jens
Special Edition

Post by Jens »

They're not from any official press sites... My press contact said that these titles will not be announced soon. Only Tarzan II will be announced next month.
The Disney Database - All the Disney magic in 1 site!
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Best. Subtitle. Ever.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

2099net wrote:Best. Subtitle. Ever.
Let's just hope that the DVD production people make sure not to screw anything up on its disc or else then Stitch Has a Glitch will also Have a Glitch!!!
Yaanu

Post by Yaanu »

I think the reason that it's being released to DVD and/or video is so at the beginning the can be some sort of announcement that it won't relate to the series. I still can't wait for the SE of L&S!

~Yaanu~
Sorcerer Mickey
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sorcerer Mickey »

Oh my gosh! Wonderful pictures!!!

I'm so happy that L&S2: Stitch Has a Glitch will have the same animation that was released in theatres! That's what was wrong with the past sequals that were released on DVD!

Can't wait for this one!

I really think that 2005 could be a great year for the sequals!
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Has the Lilo and Stitch 2 Disc Special Edition been announced yet?
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

MickeyMouseboy wrote:Has the Lilo and Stitch 2 Disc Special Edition been announced yet?

Nope. (or not in the us and can. anyway)
Teen Artist
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Teen Artist »

Hmm. The pictures do grab my interest. Another sequel that I might like. That makes 2. The other is 101 Dalmatians 2 in case you were wondering.
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

Thanks for posting the screenshots Luke. I might buy this film in the fall. :)
Mayhem
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mayhem »

Can only iterate what people have said; it really does look like the original and as I was pleasantly surprised by the original (it made me laugh a lot when a lot of modern Disney animation doesn't do that much) then I may well get it this Autumn.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Alkita

Post by Alkita »

Hi just joined.

Has anyone posted the reasons why "straight to video" instead of a theatrical release?

If so, please ignore the rest of this message.

WAL-MART. WAL-MART. WAL-MART.
Wal-Mart sells tghe majority of all DVDs purchased in the US. I though it was 15%, but it could be more.
The robotic marketing people at Wal-Mart has a formula on what determines what DVD gets the big Wal-Mart push in their stores. If you get it, your DVD is in everyone face, and well, they buy it. Otherwise, your DVD could get buried with all the other hundreds of titles and don't sell as much.

The formula? How many times the theatrical film is no. 1 in the box office sweeps and the overall box office receipts. So you know when "Meet the Fockers" come out DVD, it qualifies for the big treatment at Wal-Mart. Although I'm not if the implied content would. LOL. (Sorry to digress, but I'm imagining "meet the fockers" all over a Wal-Mart store. If Wal-Mart does sell, I'm going to ask every associate where can I find it just to hear what they say.)

Ok, that works for every DVD, but Disney DVDs. Obviously people buy Disney DVDs every year, every month - it doesn't matter how well it does or doesn't do in the Theatre, people will buy it.

But if Disney doesn't get the Wal-Mart boost, their DVD won't sell as much.

And the last few did not do so well, that their DVDs were ignored at Wal-Mart and didn't sell as many.

The strange thing about Wal-Mart is that the robots would not deviate if the DVD has a Theatrical release. But if it went straight to video, Wal-Mart will be able to pull out all the stops and promote the DVD - because its Disney - it will sell. Strange policies, but its Wal-Mart.

Sorry to post a long post.
Alan
Torrance CA
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

hi there! I've read the Wal Mart theory as well. Supposedly a movie should make at least $100 million at the Box Office to get the big Wal-Mart marketing push. And I understand Disney's little faith in any of these movies to cross $100 million domestic. However, I think if Lilo and Stitch 2 (sequel to a movie that is fresh in everyone's mind) is as good as the original, it could easily make more than the original. Since the audience is already familair with the characters.

The Wal Mart thing doesn't always work though. Brother Bear didn't get a marketing push by Wal-Mart, but still managed to sell over 6 million copies. And I agree, it is a weird policy
Jens
Special Edition

Post by Jens »

What I don't get, is that "Bambi and the Great Prince of the Forest" will probably get a theatrical release and Lilo & Stitch 2 doesn't... I think more "common people" will go see a Lilo & Stitch sequel than a Bambi sequel because they will be more turned off by a Bambi sequel than a Lilo & Stitch sequel. As much as I hate to admit it, I don't think many people are waiting for a Bambi sequel... They are waiting for a Lilo & Stitch sequel! Lilo & Stitch has proven to be very popular because of the sales figures of "Stitch! The Movie" and the numbers of people who want to see the Series every week... I don't think Bambi has a lot of followers around at the moment... (not the Disney viewing generation now anyway).

Anyway, I hope they change their mind or just give Lilo & Stitch 2 a short theatrical run like they did with "The Tigger movie". Wal-mart sucks already, and I've never been to one :P
The Disney Database - All the Disney magic in 1 site!
Alkita

Post by Alkita »

It depends on how Disney is absorbing any risk in the film and what control they seek over distributing it.

Bambi sequel probably could generate a big enough box office splash to overcome the "Wal-Mart"policy. Plus its big enough that every marketing partner from McDonald's to the Disney Resorts around the world will tie in with the product - thus making it worthwhile to take the bigger risk.

Does Lilo & Stitch have worldwide sales? I think Bambi has an even greater worldwide appeal.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe all Wal-Marts around the world generally do the same thing at the same time. So a film could have American appeal, but the same DVD would not do as well in a forien country.
Alan
Torrance CA
purplebluelove99
Gold Classic Collection

Post by purplebluelove99 »

From the trailer clips the Lilo and Stitch sequel looks good. I can't wait for it to come out on dvd. As for Lilo and Stitch Special Edition I already have the original Lilo and Stitch on dvd. As long as the movie is the same I don't really care to get the Special Editiion dvd. Oh yeah over the Christmas holidays I managed to get myself a stuffed animal stitch from the Disney store. Everyone thought he was cute.