'Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch' Preview Captures

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Post by DreamerQ18 »

So i just saw the Cover art on the home page of the site and I hate saying this but I am not not all that impressed with it I am not sure wha it is about the cover but it just dosent seem cute not at all how I pictured it, but w/e it wont change the fact that I will still be picking up this movie on its first day of relase :D !
Disney... Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are Forever
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

DreamerQ18 wrote:So i just saw the Cover art on the home page of the site and I hate saying this but I am not not all that impressed with it I am not sure wha it is about the cover but it just dosent seem cute not at all how I pictured it, but w/e it wont change the fact that I will still be picking up this movie on its first day of relase :D !
i agree, to me it looks more like a cover for a coloring book than a DVD. the designers could've done a much better job!
Tisoraku

Post by Tisoraku »

The cover art does not look right to me either.

I will purchase the movie once released.
TimonRoxMySox

Not Daveigh Chase

Post by TimonRoxMySox »

I have researched high and low, and have finally found out why Lilo's voice is so different. It is because it isn't Daveigh Chase doing the voice over, it's Dakota Fanning. Why they did this, I don't know. I think that since the movie isn't old at all, they should at least try to keep it to the original voice cast.

However, despite that let down (for me anyway), I think that the animation looks awesome. It looks like Lion King 1.5 forced Disney to start producing better quality when it comes to the style of animation, instead of making it look a lot like the cartoons series' that they come out with. But we also have to keep in mind that the animation should look the same for L&S since the original wasn't made that long ago and technology hasn't advanced THAT much.
"Shenzi Marie, please. I know what you're thinking; 'We're too different,' 'it'll never work,' 'what will the children look like?'"
Luke
Site Admin

Re: Not Daveigh Chase

Post by Luke »

TimonRoxMySox wrote:I have researched high and low, and have finally found out why Lilo's voice is so different. It is because it isn't Daveigh Chase doing the voice over, it's Dakota Fanning. Why they did this, I don't know.
Like high and low? :)
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
TimonRoxMySox

:)

Post by TimonRoxMySox »

My point has been proven even further. LOL .
"Shenzi Marie, please. I know what you're thinking; 'We're too different,' 'it'll never work,' 'what will the children look like?'"
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

maybe it won't be such a bad sequel ? and anyways, i wouldnt want my Lilo and Stitch Special Edition to be next to Lilo and Stitch the Movie but Lilo and Stitch 2 ! :wink:
Disneyfile

Different Voice?

Post by Disneyfile »

Just found this forum, so hope you don't mind if I contribute a tad...

The identity of Lilo's is a bit questionable in this sequel.
Daveigh is too old to pull off a 6 yr old anymore and that was commonly known at the studio. Originally, the Lilo voice of the sequel was done be Jillian Henry, who plays Elena in the series (the little piggy-tailed friend of Mertle), and Sha-Ron in Mulan II.
Sometime during production it was decided that Ms. Henry was a little too young and they announced that Dakota Fanning would be Lilo.

A similar thing was done with Jungle Book II, when a young actor voiced the role for more than a year and then Haley Joel Osment was brought in at the end (for publicity purposes, one would assume).

Interesting thing is, the voice in the trailer sounds like NEITHER of them (Fannign or Henry) .
The press release above makes no mention of who is playing Lilo, so my guess is we may be hearing a composite, whether Disney admits to it or not.
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

Disneyfile wrote:Just found this forum, so hope you don't mind if I contribute a tad...
Nope, we don't mind! :)

Welcome to the forum, Disneyfile! :wave:
Interesting news you posted about the voice of Lilo.
I don't think they listed the actress who's the voice of Lilo in the sequel (but if it was posted, I must've missed it! :oops:)
The press release above makes no mention of who is playing Lilo, so my guess is we may be hearing a composite, whether Disney admits to it or not.
Well, I guess that gives me another reason to watch the movie..just to hear for any voice changes! :p
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
Disneyfile

Post by Disneyfile »

Thanks for the warm welcome :D
It didn't look like the press release mentioned who is playing Lilo at all...so I guess we'll have to be surprised. Another Disney mystery!
:?
DigginDisney
Limited Issue

Post by DigginDisney »

I loved lilo & stitch so this shold be good i cnt waait
*-"Your cruel, device. Your blood, like ice. One look, could kill. My pain, your thrill - Poison"-*
LiMulan
Limited Issue

Post by LiMulan »

Those pics are great! thanks for posting them up :D