In Production Or Cancelled?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
allstitchedup

In Production Or Cancelled?

Post by allstitchedup »

Somewhere in www.animated-news.net (in the old arcticles) there was a list of Disney sequels coming out in 2006 and beyond:

Cinderella 3<---I'm scared now.... :roll:
Jungle Book 3<--- :o
Bambi 2<---OH NO! :cry:
Peter Pan 3<--- :?
The Little Mermaid 3<---OH, PLEASE! :shock:
Pinochio 2<---Better be some sick joke :x
Dumbo 2<---ummm... :roll:
The Fox and the Hound 2<---Didn't get to see the original yet... :cry:

However, in the arcticle, the author says that they could have been cancelled. There was also another list of sequels that are in production for 2005:

Tarzan 2<---could be possible... :?
Mulan 2<---too bad Eddie Murphy doesn't voice Mushu in this sequel... :cry:

The Emperor's New Groove 2<---hmm... :D
Lilo and Stitch 2<---Is this real or just a rumor? :roll:

Does anyone have more info on other sequels coming out or if the rumored ones above are true? Thanks :D
saving107
Gold Classic Collection

Post by saving107 »

i have no info to give you, but i just want to say that i think they are all a bad idea, i won't want to see any of those, and how sad that they are making a Cinderella 3 and a Bambi 2, they are going to murder what is a true Classic.
Leon
Limited Issue

Post by Leon »

I agree with saving107 I won't see any of those sequels.
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

Post by deathie mouse »

maybe some execs are reading the forum and seeing all the complaints made here and leaving the projects to dissolve slowly ;)

But theres treasure in them sequels! for them that is.... 8)
lucifer

Post by lucifer »

um, well honestly, when you look at all the kids out there who are dying for more "adventures" with their favorite charcters, you know that there will be a profit, or at least that's what disney believes! i honestly dont really care because i dont consider them to be sequels, i just consider them to be cheapquels.... so yeah!
in case you werent aware, they are also planning on making sleeping beauty 2 and snow white 2 (which they stole their idea from Happily ever after-which i really liked albeit the bad animation!)
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: In Production Or Cancelled?

Post by Escapay »

allstitchedup wrote:Somewhere in www.animated-news.net (in the old arcticles) there was a list of Disney sequels coming out in 2006 and beyond:

Cinderella 3<---I'm scared now.... :roll:
Jungle Book 3<--- :o
Bambi 2<---OH NO! :cry:
Peter Pan 3<--- :?
The Little Mermaid 3<---OH, PLEASE! :shock:
Pinochio 2<---Better be some sick joke :x
Dumbo 2<---ummm... :roll:
The Fox and the Hound 2<---Didn't get to see the original yet... :cry:

However, in the arcticle, the author says that they could have been cancelled. There was also another list of sequels that are in production for 2005:

Tarzan 2<---could be possible... :?
Mulan 2<---too bad Eddie Murphy doesn't voice Mushu in this sequel... :cry:

The Emperor's New Groove 2<---hmm... :D
Lilo and Stitch 2<---Is this real or just a rumor? :roll:

Does anyone have more info on other sequels coming out or if the rumored ones above are true? Thanks :D
There was a thread here before about Cindy 3, not that I'm looking forward to it either way.

Dumbo 2 apparently was dissolved away as they really couldn't come up with a plausible story.

Bambi 2 is supposed to be a midquel, taking place between Bambi losing his mother and the spring when he's older.

Don't know about Jungle Book 3, Pinoke 2, TLM 3, or Fox and Hound 2 (I'm surprised they actually care enough about Fox and Hound that they wanna butcher it with a sequel!)

The Emperor's New Groove 2 is called The Emperor's Newer Groove, and is due out in 2005.

Mulan 2 comes out in conjunction with the Chinese New Year in 2005, so January or February (I can't remember).

Tarzan 2, I don't remember any recent news, but I know it was in production and is a continuation of the movie, not of the TV Series (or the movie Tarzan & Jane, which is just three episodes of the series combined with animated interstitials0.

Lilo and Stitch 2 I think comes out in Summer 2005, same time as the 2-disc of the first movie.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Well, Disney doesn't have to believe anything about how popular the DTVs will be - they know that they will be popular. The DTVs are very profitable for Disney. So of course they are going to keep making them.

I don't really see the problem. I used to think people were put off by the sequels, but not anymore. Simply because sales of the DTVs continue to rise. So obviously people like them, as they keep coming back for more. I think it is lazy analysis that states "DTVs put people off seeing new Disney animated films in the Cinema" Obviously Disney's fall from grace goes a lot deeper than that.

Besides, Disney made all the Ernest films, and the Lizze McGuire movie. Did these cheap, derivative and generally poor live action films put people off seeing other Disney live action films?
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database