australian airport

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

australian airport

Post by akhenaten »

hi. my dad is goin to australia this weekend.i want him to buy the pocahontas special edition.i doubt he'll have time to look for it at shops..are dvds sold at shops in the airport of australia?

thanks.
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
StitchExp626
Limited Issue

No probs with his purchasing

Post by StitchExp626 »

I guess that he is either landing at Sydney or Melbourne. In this case there are retail outlets that sell a wide range of DVD's and music. So he can pick up the SE Pocahontas there with no fuss. But the prices wil be slightly more expensive. If he is going into the city, there is no shortage of department stores that sell the DVD for much less. Depending on his time and energy, he could go to "Big W" and buy it for much less. The DVD is available everywhere at the moment, so he wont have trouble locating a copy. And it is EXCELLENT!!!

Kevin
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

whats the airport price compared to the normal price..i fear he might mistakenly buy the old dvd version of pocahontas..he doesnt fancy buying dvds for me :(
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

oh one more thing..can anyone b so kind as to post the screencaps of the new scenes?
blaing
Special Edition

Post by blaing »

akhenaten wrote:whats the airport price compared to the normal price..i fear he might mistakenly buy the old dvd version of pocahontas..he doesnt fancy buying dvds for me :(
I don't think it's because of the location, it's because of the retailer.

Sanity Music (which has a store in Melbourne's Tullamarine airport) is possibly the worst place to buy DVDs (IMHO) as you'll pay through the nose.

I think he has a better (and cheaper) chance of buying at one of the other retailers closer to the CBD.
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

akhenaten wrote:whats the airport price compared to the normal price..i fear he might mistakenly buy the old dvd version of pocahontas..he doesnt fancy buying dvds for me :(
I suggest you show your Dad the following link so he knows exactly what the cover of the 2 disc version looks like. Tell him not to buy it, if it doesn't look like this...

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/229269

Alternatively, if you have access to a credit card, you can always purchase the DVD from the Australian on-line dvd service - ezydvd....

The cost without shipping is AUD $18.03... which converts to MYR51.81.
= 51.81 Malaysia Ringgits
1 AUD = 2.8737 MYR
1 MYR = 0.348 AUD

Postage is AUD$5.50 (MYR 15.81).

Worth thinking about. It is a reliable service and you wont have to stress your Dad.

Hope that helps
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

omg.that would b cheaper than buying a region 3 dvd here! thanks! an r3 disney dvd is usually priced around MYR69.90 to MYR79.90.

thanks guys!