Why does Peter Pan SE sell for more on amazon than the LI?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Jungleprince_55
Gold Classic Collection

Why does Peter Pan SE sell for more on amazon than the LI?

Post by Jungleprince_55 »

I was just wondering why the Special Edition Sells for more on amazon than the Limited Issue. I already have the special edition that my grandma got me for christmas right before it went out of print.

I always thought that the Limited Issues went for more though.
Last edited by Jungleprince_55 on Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

Because:
Peter Pan SE Review wrote:For a single disc release, this is an excellent presentation of a completely charming film and obviously an improvement from the Limited Edition
Quality over the name, right?
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

Exactly it was a better edition, why pay more for an inferior product? Wanna know what is about to happen to Lady and the Tramp Limited Edition price?
creid
Gold Classic Collection

Question

Post by creid »

Mr. Toad,

Are you recommending buying the Limited Edition Lady & The Tramp today?

CR
creid
(The babysitter bandit)...“stealing the valuable objects it took a family a lifetime to shop for.” – The Simpsons
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

He should speak for himself, but I'd doubt Mr. Toad is recommending the LE of L&T for investment purposes...

Old (first) editions of certain book titles may be worth a lot (in money) - more than newer and "better" editions of the same title. DVDs, having been around for 8-9 years at the most, usually wouldn't fall into that category.

You know, books, some of them more than a hundred years old, can be considered antiques. DVDs - not.

So, bottom line, it would be hard to justify a higher price for a six years old DVD than for the superior new edition of the same title.
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

No just the opposite, I am thinking of selling my once watched copy while I can get something for it.