New Finding Nemo dvd perhaps?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Barty
Limited Issue

New Finding Nemo dvd perhaps?

Post by Barty »

Usually when disney dvds aren't available anymore on amazon.com, it's an indication of a new edition arriving... check the search for finding nemo on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/002-3604246-5386442?url=index%3Ddvd&search-type=quick-search&field-keywords=finding+nemo
And notice none is available anymore... Besides, it lists "Finding Nemo Widescreen Edition"; with another cover and another backcover (notice the dts), though those covers will probably be from some bootleg as they were uploaded by an amazon user. But with the recent new Toy Story dvds (with higher video bitrate and DTS) in the back of my mind, who knows?..

Maybe I am just being paranoid here (of maybe just wishful thinking?), but what do you think? - I'd like a Finding Nemo with dts! (yes I am aware of the presence of DTS on some PAL nemo releases, and on the Korean NTSC dvd)

-Barty :)
MadonnasManOne
Collector's Edition

Post by MadonnasManOne »

Hmmm. The Region 1 release shows that it is unavailable, as well. This is what it states at Amazon:

Availability: NOT YET RELEASED: The studio is currently not producing this title, but to be notified when it is available, enter your e-mail address at right. You'll also be voting for this release; we'll let the studio know how many customers are waiting for this title.

I wasn't aware that they had stopped producing this title. Who knows what this might mean?
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

I would have thought a new Monsters, Inc. DVD would come first. Then Finding Nemo would have been next.
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

MadonnasManOne wrote:Hmmm. The Region 1 release shows that it is unavailable, as well. This is what it states at Amazon:

Availability: NOT YET RELEASED: The studio is currently not producing this title, but to be notified when it is available, enter your e-mail address at right. You'll also be voting for this release; we'll let the studio know how many customers are waiting for this title.

I wasn't aware that they had stopped producing this title. Who knows what this might mean?
Rerelease of all 6 current Pixar films on dvd on 20 discs. It'll come in a beautiful cardboard box that will hold it. 7 dvd cases will be contained where if you align them all in the box, all the characters of Pixar are on it like a puzzle. Discs 1-6 are the movies, 7-12 the OLD bonus features, 13-18 will include all new bonus features that will contain all of the video footage of Pixar's film meetings, all new games made by the geniuses at Pixar, every single drawing ever drawn at Pixar from crap to beautiful artwork and 19 will contain all the shorts Pixar has made. And finally, disc 20 will contain a self-guided tour of Pixar through all of the air conditioning vents and parking lots where they put the trash when they take it out.

That would be awesome, or it could just be a 1 disc rerelease with absolutely no bonus features at all.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Lucylover1986 wrote:I would have thought a new Monsters, Inc. DVD would come first. Then Finding Nemo would have been next.
Actually, a Nemo re-release seems likier to me because that disc came out in a time where Disney was experimenting with the "widescreen film with adult features on one disc and fullscreen film with kiddie features on the other" style of 2-disc sets. Because of this, the Nemo DVD ended up being the weakest Pixar DVD to date all because they decided to lump the meaty features with the film itself, thus leaving less disc space. If Nemo's re-released, I'm hoping they put both versions on disc one (or, better yet, get rid of the fullscreen one) and all of the features on disc two. This would give them more room to add things such as extending the main documentary to at least an hour, providing more still galleries besides the color keys, and more deleted scenes if they exist. 3-D turnarounds of the locations that we see on other Pixar DVDs would be cool on this one, too.
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

They just ran out of stock. It happens all the time... :P
- Jonathan
cydney
Special Edition

Post by cydney »

i am actually happy with my current edition of Finding Nemo. As long as I have the movie, that's what's important to me. I really don't want them to re-release this because then I'll be pissed that I don't have it.