When are we going to see Ducktales on DVD?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Lover
Special Edition

Post by Disney Lover »

I loved the DuckTales Movie! I have it on tape somewhere. Maybe I'll break it out and watch it again. I hope they bring it out on dvd soon! Same with the tv show episodes! For DuckTales and Gummi Bears! My all time favorites!

And has anyone figured out if ToonDisney was made a regular channel like the regular Disney channel was nation wide or just in select places? I would love to have that channel and be able to watch old favorites again!

Tabbi <3
Fidget1234
Special Edition

Ducktales the Movie

Post by Fidget1234 »

Its on tonight on Disney channel @ 8PM for those who wish to watch it.

I'll DVR it tho & watch it later or tomorrow.... cuz I cant miss IDOL!
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin"
Disneybell
Banned Deadbeat

Post by Disneybell »

o kewl !! i love the ducktales movie does anyone know when its coming to dvd? i ll definitly be watching it tonight thanks for the info
Swiss
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Swiss »

Thank you for the heads up! I look "Lost Lamp" and can't wait to watch it. From what I understand, there are no plans for a R1 DVD release. I hope I'm wrong :lol:
cydney
Special Edition

Post by cydney »

I haven't seen this in a while, but I remember that I liked it. DVR set to record, thanks!
drnilescrane
Gold Classic Collection

Post by drnilescrane »

Although this film led to the demise of the Disney Animation department, ie proving that films can be made on the cheep, I love this film. Too bad there isn't a R4 disk either (I know about the Taget thing, I was too late and the woman at BVHE gave me a blunt no)
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

What are you talking about?!

There is a R4 DVD, and it cost is $18 bucks, and there a lots of it here because almost no one buy them.
You can visit any mexican site who sells DVDs and find it
DaeLex
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DaeLex »

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i missed it? i shoulda came here yesterday!!!!! big d'oh! that is one of my favs :)
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

I never seen the movie before (but I'm a fan of the t.v. show) and I really enjoyed it! It still had all the goofy charm of the show and the same enjoyably plot! I recommend seeing it! :D
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

I hope that it comes to R1 DVD soon, as I would love to see some better cover art and more substantial bonus features. But, alas, I know that Disney wouldn't ever give this under promoted and rarely seen movie a good DVD treatment, as they didn't do with the wonderful Halloween movie Hocus Pocus, lacking in any bonus features.
-James
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

I've never seen this movie! Is it really so good?
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
drnilescrane
Gold Classic Collection

Post by drnilescrane »

Isidour wrote:What are you talking about?!

There is a R4 DVD, and it cost is $18 bucks, and there a lots of it here because almost no one buy them.
You can visit any mexican site who sells DVDs and find it
Mexico? I'm from Australia. We share codes.
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

but Australians use the PAL system doesn´t?
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Wow, I'm somewhat surprised that they aired this. Seems sort of random... unless, of course, it's meant to either test the waters for or promote an upcoming (but so far unannounced) DVD release! We know it's coming sometime, after all.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
DaeLex
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DaeLex »

James wrote:I hope that it comes to R1 DVD soon
Yea I wish it would hurry up. It's out in R2 wich is bogus (no offence R2 folks) We should get all disney releases first in here in R1! After all this is where disney originated...
DisneyFan 2000 wrote:I've never seen this movie! Is it really so good?
ONE OF THE BEST!
MissV327
Limited Issue

Post by MissV327 »

I really liked this movie. I love Ducktales because it reminds me of when I was younger. :)
"Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed." - Michael Pritchard
DaeLex
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DaeLex »

Wooo hooo its on again on thursday the 26th from 2:10 - 3:45 pm california time :D :D :D :D :D :D I just set my DVR to record it. That should hold me off till whenever the dvd gets released 8) I refuse to watch my original vhs... :roll:
voiceactor76

Any word on a ducktales the movie dvd release.

Post by voiceactor76 »

Hi there everyone,
first off this is my first post here so please bear with my horrible internet grammar and spelling.
(youd be surprised how rude people can be about this on other boards)

iam looking forward to being a member of this board, i have allways been a huge fan of disney movies in fact it was growing up watching disney animation that made me want to get into the field iam currently in
(now iam just waiting for my chance to actually work with them on a project.)
so i look forward to talking about all things disney with all of you fine people on this board.

Now on to my question, Has there been any sort of rumblings as to a US release of Ducktales the movie. this is one of my all time favorite disney animated films as i was a very big ducktales fan.
i hunted down for several years the poster till i finnally lucked into winning it on Ebay for one dollar, then when i first moved out here i went to a collectors show in hollyood where alan young and rip taylor were at and got it signed by the both of them ( it was actually mr taylor who helped me to meet my first voice over coach, and helped me land my first agent.)
any ways i see the movie is availble in region 2 but no release is ever mentioned for over here.
so any body here no anything? and if you do any word on if we will be treated to a wide screen release or will the force that full screen crap on us like they did with a goofy movie.

as someone who was a projectionist at movie theatre for 7 years i abhore watching films not presented in there original aspect ratio.

i just couldnt bring myself to spend the money on a goofy movie dvd knowing when i built it up and played it at my old theatre, it was a flat aspect ratio 1:85:1 movie and what really sucks is the region 2 dvds were released in widescreen while we were left with fool screen.

well anyways i just want to again say hi and forgive my horrible internet grammar haha.
I'm pleased and happy to repeat the news that we have in fact caught and killed a large predator that supposedly injured some bathers. But as you can see, it's a beautiful day, the beaches are opened, and people are having a wonderful time. Amity, as you know, means friendship
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Hi

Post by Disney Guru »

Heya welcome to Ultimate DIsney. A releaase date for Ducktales The Movie hasn't been set yet on dvd. But it will probablly come sometime soon. Welcome to the forum. Why don't you put your disney story on the disney story thread on the General Discussion forum.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

Post by deathie mouse »

Hi voiceactor76! Welcome to the forum. Another projectionist. cool 8)
The subject of Ducktales The Movie has been discussed on a few threads:

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... php?t=5414

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3675

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... php?t=9180

Since you're new i'll tell you there's a Search function which you can see atop of every page and use to find if there's been a previous thread done about the subject matter you wish to discuss so you can post in them. ;)

Again welcome and I look forward to seeing more posts from you!

:ears: