BAMBI Platinum Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
PheR
Special Edition

Post by PheR »

Hey Joe! do you know the release date for Brazil? I´m saying it cause maybe that´s the same or similar date for all latinamerica.

Perhaps we´ll see this trailer on Aladdin dvd.
I'ts enough for this restless warrior just to be with you...
marcosfts

Re: BAMBI PLATINUM EDITION

Post by marcosfts »

That1GuyPictures wrote:Is there anybody out there who isn't particularly excited about the release of Bambi?

I'd much rather have Lady and the Tramp, Little Mermaid or Cinderella instead. Bambi always depressed me as a kid.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait.

Besides, I have Aladdin to hold me over until Cinderella is released.
I'm really not excited about getting "Bambi" on DVD... but of course I will buy it the day it is released (my collection wouldn't complete without it). I think I have watched it like only 3 or 4 times. I would LOVE to get "Cinderella" before "Bambi", but there's no problem, now there's almost 1 year to finally get "Cinderella" on DVD... :)
Anaël
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Anaël »

I can't wait to get Bambi on DVD !!!! :P
One's of my most favourites Disney classics. :D
I hope sincerely that it'll have a lot of interesting features...
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

PheR wrote:Hey Joe! do you know the release date for Brazil? I´m saying it cause maybe that´s the same or similar date for all latinamerica.

Perhaps we´ll see this trailer on Aladdin dvd.
Hi Pher! Unfortunatelly, I don't know the release date, but I expect it to be late February/ early March (we'll be getting Aladdin in September - since we have Children's Day in October, Disney wants to captalize on that).

Not wanting to get off-topic here, but, Pher, have you gotten the Mexican special edition of "Lilo & Stitch"? If so, could you share with us your comments on it (on its respective topic, hehe)? Thanks :)
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

Joe Carioca wrote:
Hi Pher! Unfortunatelly, I don't know the release date, but I expect it to be late February/ early March (we'll be getting Aladdin in September - since we have Children's Day in October...)
Here in Mexico, blockbuster will pre-sell the Aladdin´s DVD on september 16 and who buy it, will have it on October 6, one day after US
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

By the way:

THERE´S ONLY 173 DAYS LEFT TO GET BAMBI ON DVD!!!!!!!
PheR
Special Edition

Post by PheR »

Joe Carioca wrote: Not wanting to get off-topic here, but, Pher, have you gotten the Mexican special edition of "Lilo & Stitch"? If so, could you share with us your comments on it (on its respective topic, hehe)? Thanks :)
Nop :( I have not. I don´t even how to deal with this "starwars-aladdin-vanhelsing" end of the month since I don´t have a job anymore... Maybe I will buy it sometime in the future but, with so little money and so much great dvds this fall, it isn´t likely to be soon. Sorry man.

Now back on topic, I´ll say that I expect to see that Bambi cover this month or the next one.
I'ts enough for this restless warrior just to be with you...
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

Hi:

It wasn´t really for me the question, but there´s not much difference about the new and the old version of Lilo & Stich, just a game, all the rest are the same-o deleted scenes, audiocomentary and stuff.

by the way:

THERE´S ONLY 172 DAYS LEFT TO GET BAMBI ON DVD!!!!!!!

(yes, I´m counting the days since Bambi was announced( 144 days ago...more or less)
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Isidour wrote:Hi:

It wasn´t really for me the question, but there´s not much difference about the new and the old version of Lilo & Stich, just a game, all the rest are the same-o deleted scenes, audiocomentary and stuff.

by the way:

THERE´S ONLY 172 DAYS LEFT TO GET BAMBI ON DVD!!!!!!!

(yes, I´m counting the days since Bambi was announced( 144 days ago...more or less)
Hmmm... as far as I knew, there were about 3 hours worth of content to the new edition of Lilo & Stitch, and an audio commentary as well (which wasn't on the old edition). I consider that a BIG difference, hehe ;)
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

By the way:

THERE´S ONLY 171 DAYS LEFT TO GET BAMBI ON DVD!!!!!!!
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

...Are you gonna be doing this every day till it's out...?
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Hey, maybe it'll get us to 21 pages like the press release for Aladdin!!

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

True, though I suspect that we'll get 15 pages alone on just the cover art when it's released. ;)
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

Hi!

I could if this doesn´t bother anyone
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Isidour- why don't you update us on the # of days at the bottom of a post you are writing if you have something else to say. That way, we'll still get the occasional update on the countdown, but without 170-some posts of just a number. :)

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

awallaceunc wrote:Isidour- why don't you update us on the # of days at the bottom of a post you are writing if you have something else to say. That way, we'll still get the occasional update on the countdown, but without 170-some posts of just a number. :)

-Aaron
Good idea! :up:
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

Hi!

or maybe I´ll just quit trying to share the joy than the Bambi´s DVD release make me feel.
Anyway as I heard in some forum: Isn´t anoying this Bambi-chat?
FantasiaMan
Gold Classic Collection

commentary

Post by FantasiaMan »

I wonder who will do the audio commentary, i hope it's Roy E. Disney or John Canemaker, they are great :?
disneyunlimited
Gold Classic Collection

R2

Post by disneyunlimited »

Has anyone else noticed that the UK edition of Bambi is due for release on FEBRUARY 14th 2005?

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=ti ... p=76&g=127

Back in August 1942, it actually premiered in UK cinemas 5 days before it was released in the US ... 62 (and a bit) years later we even get the DVD debut 15 days early!!!

http://imdb.com/title/tt0034492/releaseinfo
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Disneykid wrote:True, though I suspect that we'll get 15 pages alone on just the cover art when it's released. ;)
Cover Art Complaints Start Here... :)