BAMBI Platinum Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyVillains
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyVillains »

I absolutely love it! I think it fits perfectly with the rest of the platinums with all the main characters and the centered title. The background is really nice also. Can't wait for this release!
"I admit that in the past I've been a nasty. They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch"
-Ursula

"How sentimental. You know I haven't been this choked up since I got a hunk of moussaka caught in my throat."-Hades
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Wow, I actually think that's a pretty cover. Of course, I expect them to tweak it (every 2-Disc cover art Disney's released minus Mulan: SE has been altered from our first glimpse to the final one). Usually Disney uses cutouts from old VHS art to fill in for the characters, which they've done here, so I think it's safe to assume that in a few months we'll see the characters in the same positions and layout, but their appearances will change to custom fit the cover. Either way, it's a very nice cover and everyone looks on-model (for now). I also like how they gave it a green spine which is a nice departure from the usual purple and blue we keep seeing on most Disney spines.
Last edited by Disneykid on Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prince Eric
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Eric »

I love it! I love it! I LOVE IT! :D It's so beautiful and unique and uniform at the same time! I love the greenish-yellow hue! (I love blue, but I was afraid all the platinums would share the same color, this is a relief!) The characters are perfectly on-model and the whole ether is one of brightness and...well,...cute characters!
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Post by DreamerQ18 »

Prince Eric wrote:I love it! I love it! I LOVE IT! :D It's so beautiful and unique and uniform at the same time! I love the greenish-yellow hue! (I love blue, but I was afraid all the platinums would share the same color, this is a relief!) The characters are perfectly on-model and the whole ether is one of brightness and...well,...cute characters!
Seriusley he took the words right out of my mouth. The cover looks awsome I mean Bambi is not one of my favorite movies but after seeing that cover I think it could make anyone buy it. :) Thanks Luke for posting it :D .
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Wow! Bambi looks great I give it a 10 out of 10!!!!
Way to go Disney it's better then The Lion King cover.
When I first saw it and it took my breath away and left me drooling to see how Cinderella might look.
Great job Luke thanks for the update.
Pretty Bambi art cover all the way.. :)
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

Luke wrote:
Cover Art Complaints Start Here... :)
*jaw drops at sight of cover*

That's different!

Here you go Luke: once again we are bomabarded in obvious looking clipart from the masterpiece edition vhs. I think the animation on the black diamond VHS was much better

the background is beautiful but they need to get rid of the butterfly on bambi's nose
Last edited by toonaspie on Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
rb_canadian181
Gold Classic Collection

Bambi Platinum Cover Art!

Post by rb_canadian181 »

Great news! The Bambi PLatinum edition cover art is out! i think it looks great, it has a lot of the elements from the classic and i liek that disney actually put a background on the cover. unlike most of the platinum editions that just have a solid colour. this looks really nice! i would ahve like to see the original title design carried on but this is definetly satisfying.
-Ryan
oh and luke put this in the press release thread but i though i'd start a new discussion for everybody to voice their opinion on it. :wink:
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Merged your post with existing discussion, Ryan.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Has anyone else noticed that the Bambi cover is basically The Lion King's in reverse? Bambi's the central figure looking towards a potent cliff behind him with the sidekicks on the bottom right. It seems Disney really wants to push this release as some sort of Walt-era Lion King with its cover scheme and "making of" title ("Original Circle of Life").
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

My, that cover art looks like it came from GoodTimes. :down:
Yuki
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Yuki »

[deleted]
Last edited by Yuki on Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
disneywb
Gold Classic Collection

Post by disneywb »

I like the cover, although the coloring seems a little TOO solid for the characters from the film. I would've really appreciated covers that have a vintage feel to them by retaining the original artwork from the theatrical release. It should, however, fit nicely with the other Platinum titles. I remain envious of French releases, but what can I say? we gotta take it. I agree that the butterfly should've been removed, but I appreciate the presence of a "real" background. Here's hoping that the "Platinum Edition" at the top isn't replaced with "First Time on DVD!", because that just looks tacky on the Aladdin covers.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

disneywb wrote:Here's hoping that the "Platinum Edition" at the top isn't replaced with "First Time on DVD!", because that just looks tacky on the Aladdin covers.
Well that's not on the real cover, as far as I know. Just on the images Disney sent to retailers.
Lumiere
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lumiere »

wow!! the cover its great, yeah its seem like the lion king one!!

but i like it its very colorful, and also I like the diferent color of the banner of platinum, its great!!!
Beef ragout
Cheese souffle
Pie and pudding "en flambe"

We'll prepare and serve with flair
A culinary cabaret!!!!
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

It's alright but it's certainly far from breath taking.

I'm dissapointed that it really doesn't follow with the rest of the platinums, for one, the platinum border does not look nice, IMO, and While the backround is certain nice, the other platinums do not have a defined backround and I don't see why this should be any differnt...

This definately seems like final cover art to me, you can even see where the cover is going to open like a book, it's in the top coner instead of the bottom one... Anyway, is nice, just not spectacular, but then, neither is Aladdin...
Defy Gravity
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

I wish Bambi would be in his regular size compared to Flower and Thumper and maybe move the logo to the top to not cover his face. Besides this, the buterfly should go and they should have used the logo from the trailer. Besides this, I think it is a nice cover and I think the background looks particularly beautiful.

I hope Bambi will change until the final cover. Everything else doesn't need to change.

But this is only the coverart, after all. As long as the discs themselves are good, who are we to disclaim?
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

man, it's like I imagine it'll be!!!!

I can't wait 161 more days to get it on my very own hands!!!
yes, is very alike the lion king cover but realize than The Lion King is very similar to Bambi
Squirrel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Squirrel »

Oh, I love that cover ... very, very nice, very warm. I think it's lovely.

I'm itching for Bambi's release. :)
Meega na la queesta.
static & silence and a monochrome vision
yoda_four
Special Edition

Post by yoda_four »

Joe Carioca wrote:I wish Bambi would be in his regular size compared to Flower and Thumper and maybe move the logo to the top to not cover his face. Besides this, the buterfly should go and they should have used the logo from the trailer. Besides this, I think it is a nice cover and I think the background looks particularly beautiful.

I hope Bambi will change until the final cover. Everything else doesn't need to change.

But this is only the coverart, after all. As long as the discs themselves are good, who are we to disclaim?
I agree with these changes. I especially liked the Bambi logo from the trailer with the forest motif, whereas it looks a lot more plain here. I wish Disney would just keep the top Platinum Edition title in a shiny Platinum (it was chanegd for TLK). I liked the spine, although for continuity's sake I wish they removed "2-Disc" and just kept "Special Edition". The characters seem a little abnormally large. I love the background though! I wonder why the "THX Certification" logo isn't as large (=important) as the "Disney DVD" logo. Overall, I think it's my favourite so far but could still use some adjustments.
My Blog

- Paul
Paka
Anniversary Edition

Post by Paka »

Boy - and Amazon already has it uploaded on their pre-order page and everything! :shock:

Well, considering the crappy track record Disney's been having with its cover art, I think this came out as good as we can hope for. :|

Like Disneykid said, it's mostly a cut-n'-paste of the Masterpiece Collection art (click here for that image), but I can live with that, since the characters are on-model anyway. What interests me is the color scheme and the presence of an actual background, as opposed to a solid color. I don't like how simplistic the title is, either. I really liked the proposed round, foresty-themed title that glenn showed us here about a month back. The solid black of this current title looks a bit out of place with the rest of the cover because everything is so light. Happy greens and golds and sky blues. I think I may have preferred that they did something akin to the Masterpiece Collection VHS and had a forest green background with impressionistic tree patterns.
What depresses me the most about the background, though, is just thinking of what could have been. Wouldn't it be great if the cover had been just the background? With the Great Prince looking over a beautiful misty forest like that? Of course, that would just look too abstract and obscure for most common consumers, wouldn't it? :roll:
Life often leaves us standing bare, naked and dejected with a lost opportunity. Over the bleached bones and jumbled residues of numerous civilizations are written the pathetic words: "Too late."

~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.