BAMBI Platinum Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Prince Eric
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Eric »

Wow! :D I have an affinity for this movie, I really do. I think I like it more than most people on this board, because I wouldn't switch the release date for any of the other Platinum titles. Sadly, this will be my first true "classic" classic, meaning old. I guess I don't have any grudges with Beauty and the Beast and THe Lion King because I haven't had the fortune of owning Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs. Anyway, I can't wait for this release. I really do hope there's a Gift Set.
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Ok, here are more complete aspects, which lists the audio commentary and the Bambi Legacy documentary.
From AWN:

Bambi Restored for DVD Release
By Zedd
08-31-2004, 11:55 AM

Buena Vista Home Entertainment has restored the 1942 Bambi for its first DVD release, employing digital technology to enhance the picture. The film was examined frame by frame, and each frame was retouched digitally and by hand, giving the images greater color and density ranges. Buena Vista also restored the soundtrack, remixing it with proprietary state-of-the-art methods to improve clarity and achieve crisper sound.

The two-disc special edition is laden with extras. The documentary featurette Bambi: Through Walt's Eyes: A Dramatic Reenactment of Original Story Meetings looks at the painstaking work of Walt Disney and the original creative team. Another documentary, The Bambi Legacy, covers the movie's history up to the present. Also included is an audio commentary, previously unseen footage, original story concepts, production stills and information on the music design. Offerings for kids include an animated trivia game, a music video and a "Disneypedia" with facts about the real-life animal equivalents of Bambi, Thumper and Flower.

The discs will be available on March 1, 2005, for a suggested retail price of $29.99.
:up:
yoda_four
Special Edition

Post by yoda_four »

Joe Carioca wrote:Unfortunatelly, there aren't a lot of features that could be ported over from the LD. The laserdisc edition had the following extras:

-Bambi: The Making of a Masterpiece (short featurette)
-"Tricks of Our Trade" Excerpt
-Concept Art
-Character Design
-Original and reissue trailers
Well, we're getting a new doc instead of the featurette plus 2 other featurettes on the movie, we pretty much know the "concept/designs" art will prob be announced later on most likely with the trailers, and there's alot of reports about a commentary abound, so I think that's just about covers what everyone seems so worried about the DVD missing.

As for the "Disneyland Trick of Our Trade" skit be included: it'd be a nice feature no doubt but I personally don't think it's an absolute essential, sseing as how the skits are basically talking about how Disney did animation and they used several shorts and features as examples for explanations; in essence, they weren't really about the film itself but about animation as a whole. I am still confused about why the Behind the Studio Treasures set didn't include the "Tricks" and "Art of Animation" episodes.... But if I recall properly, there was one part where they used Bambi's opening sequence as an example for the Multiplane Camera.
My Blog

- Paul
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

Oooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

This sounds GREAT!!!!!!! :) Especially with all those bonus features!!!

Thanks for all the info! :wink:
Image Image
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

Wasn't "Tricks of Our Trade" included in another DVD? I remember seeing it before.

I hope that there are art galleries. They are my favorite thing about the Platinums. But what really has me wondering is the music video (mentioned in the post by Joe from AWN). Are they making a pop version of a Bambi song? Bambi's songs are...well...not poppish. Are "Love is a Song that Never Ends" and "Little April Shower" the only songs in Bambi?
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Kram Nebuer wrote:Wasn't "Tricks of Our Trade" included in another DVD? I remember seeing it before.
The whole episode is on the <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/behindthe ... ml">Behind the Scenes at the Disney Studio</a> Treasure, and excerpts appear on <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/mmlivingc ... #F">Mickey Mouse in Living Color Vol. 2</a> and <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/snowwhite.html">Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs</a>.
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

The Brazilian Disney site has the trailer for "Bambi: Special Edition":
http://www.disney.com.br/trailers/
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Joe Carioca wrote:The Brazilian Disney site has the trailer for "Bambi: Special Edition":
Thanks for the link. Although the only words I understood were "Bambi", "Oscars" and "DisneyDVD" it was great seeing it. I love the logo they're using.
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Post by DreamerQ18 »

Joe Carioca wrote:The Brazilian Disney site has the trailer for "Bambi: Special Edition":
Wow how nice of you thanks for the link. I am kind of on the same boat PatirckD was I dint get to much out of that except Bambi lol :lol: . But I am happy I was able to see a trailer. Thanks :)
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

Kram Nebuer wrote:Wasn't "Tricks of Our Trade" included in another DVD? I remember seeing it before.

I hope that there are art galleries. They are my favorite thing about the Platinums. But what really has me wondering is the music video (mentioned in the post by Joe from AWN). Are they making a pop version of a Bambi song? Bambi's songs are...well...not poppish. Are "Love is a Song that Never Ends" and "Little April Shower" the only songs in Bambi?
hi!
there's also "Looking for romance (I bring you a song)" song
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

The Bambi video preview looks great and I understood it all hey I know a lot of Spanish...thanks for the video Joe Carioca. :D
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

MickeyMousePal wrote:The Bambi video preview looks great and I understood it all hey I know a lot of Spanish...thanks for the video Joe Carioca. :D
Actually the video is in Portuguese, but Spanish and Portuguese are very similar languages.

And you're welcome. :)
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

Thanks for the link, Joe!
Is this the restored version in the trailer, because I think it looks great! Even with the low quality of the trailer on the computer, the colors look brilliant! (then again, the Bambi I used to watch was a bad VHS version). Anyhow, I like the Bambi logo and from the cognates (is that spelled right) from the portuguese announcer, I got it was a special presentation and won oscars!
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

Its looking good guys. Lets hope they follow Aladdin's lead and give us a nice 2 hour documentary and much more. *drooling emoticon* need one of those
That1GuyPictures
Gold Classic Collection

BAMBI PLATINUM EDITION

Post by That1GuyPictures »

Is there anybody out there who isn't particularly excited about the release of Bambi?

I'd much rather have Lady and the Tramp, Little Mermaid or Cinderella instead. Bambi always depressed me as a kid.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait.

Besides, I have Aladdin to hold me over until Cinderella is released.
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Re: BAMBI PLATINUM EDITION

Post by DreamerQ18 »

That1GuyPictures wrote:Is there anybody out there who isn't particularly excited about the release of Bambi?

I'd much rather have Lady and the Tramp, Little Mermaid or Cinderella instead. Bambi always depressed me as a kid.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait.

Besides, I have Aladdin to hold me over until Cinderella is released.
Hello That1GuyPictures I first wanted to welcome you to the forum :wave: you are going to love it here everyone is extra nice.

Now regarding your comment I agree with you there are a few other movies I rather see be relased on DVD before Bambi. However and I could be going on limb here I dont doub that there are few people who are not all excited about Bambi its more the the treatemtn the movie is getting. Also since it is a Bambi press realse maybe only the people who really do lvoe this movie have posted. Bambi use to depress me too when i was a child and its not a favorite of mine but I love theidea of know that this movie is getting the full blown treatment. Okay so I am done posting my opinion again welcome and I look foward to posting with you. :)
Kingruler202
In The Vaults

Post by Kingruler202 »

I LOVE BAMBI HE IS SO SWWWWEEEETTT AND CUTE! I CAN'T WAIT (HILARY DUFF SONG LOL)
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

Kingruler202 wrote:I LOVE BAMBI HE IS SO SWWWWEEEETTT AND CUTE! I CAN'T WAIT (HILARY DUFF SONG LOL)
hi!

certanly,if u liked so I recomend you to read the Felix Salten's book "Bambi: A life in the woods"
Walt's Bambi was based on this book
Kingruler202
In The Vaults

Post by Kingruler202 »

i knew about that i'm just embarrased to read it cause i hear its a book for younger children maybe 7 or 8. but then again, i read alice in wonderland twice and i didn't get embarrassed by that. but thats two different things. i will try to read it.
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

hi!

It's more really for 11 to 13,but it's a good book.
by the way:
THERE'S ONLY 174 DAYS LEFT FOR BAMBI'S DVD RELEASE!!!!