BAMBI Platinum Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

Luke wrote: If all works out right, there should be something cool (besides a review) next week on the site. Fingers crossed!
now you are even teasing us :angry:
What is it?? can you tell?
Can't wait for your review.
Dolce fare niente...
KinOO
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KinOO »

Got it today in mailbox! gonne watch it this evening!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Ciaobelli wrote:
Luke wrote: If all works out right, there should be something cool (besides a review) next week on the site. Fingers crossed!
now you are even teasing us :angry:
Well it'd be teasing you if I said it and then it didn't happen. So I'll stay mum until I'm positive it will, and then I'll reveal...and then I'll have it up.

Just keep those fingers crossed!
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
rodis
Special Edition

Post by rodis »

Hey, it's been released here in Israel this week. Funny how no matter small Israel is, we're always first in these things (and other things hmm).
saving107
Gold Classic Collection

Post by saving107 »

i am still curious why U.S. is being last (or near last) to have Bambi released, thats not far.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

rodis wrote:Hey, it's been released here in Israel this week. Funny how no matter small Israel is, we're always first in these things (and other things hmm).
Yeah, but sometimes we get washed down versions or none at all (coughPocahontascough)... :P
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

Luke wrote:
Ciaobelli wrote: now you are even teasing us :angry:
Well it'd be teasing you if I said it and then it didn't happen. So I'll stay mum until I'm positive it will, and then I'll reveal...and then I'll have it up.

Just keep those fingers crossed!
Trust me, they are very crossed, I know you won't disappoint us :)

When next week? When is Bambi coming? :P
Dolce fare niente...
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

i'm excited to see what Luke has planned for us! i have no clue what it is, but i can't wait!
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

Could it be a DVD announcement that we've been waiting for? Some special deal for UDers? A press release for something? A trailer?

Its killing me.
Dolce fare niente...
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

You guys probably already know about this but in case you don't there are some great articles and interviews on the WaltDisney site.

http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/index.html
Dolce fare niente...
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

Luke wrote:If all works out right, there should be something cool (besides a review) next week on the site. Fingers crossed!
ohhh "something cool"? cool! :D
Image Image
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Ciaobelli wrote:Could it be a DVD announcement that we've been waiting for? Some special deal for UDers? A press release for something? A trailer?
No, no, no, no. It's just bound to disappoint you with high expectations, I see. Pull down your expectations to "medium." I hope to have <i>Bambi</i> reviewed by Monday, but that might not happen.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

How about a cover-art, is that medium enough? :)
Dolce fare niente...
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

a press release for all platinum editions in a nice big box? coming out.... tomorrow? :lol: now that would be a surprise!
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

just curious...

what sneak peeks were on the bambi dvd..aside from bambi II and cinderella...and poca..

any of the disneyland50th anniversary? i really need to see it in a better version :(
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

PatrickvD wrote:a press release for all platinum editions in a nice big box? coming out.... tomorrow? :lol: now that would be a surprise!
the return of new and improved Gift Sets would be enough. I still can't bilieve that they backed out before Bambi, the cketches would have been great. :cry:
Dolce fare niente...
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

akhenaten wrote:just curious...

what sneak peeks were on the bambi dvd..aside from bambi II and cinderella...and poca..

any of the disneyland50th anniversary? i really need to see it in a better version :(
Nice avatar! Nothing for Disneyland's 50th. The sneak peeks are for <i>Cinderella</i>, <i>Chicken Little</i>, <i>Bambi and the Great Prince of the Forest</i>, and <i>Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch</i>. Plus more on the menu for the normal (JoJo's Circus, Studio Ghibli, Princess, Pooh, etc.)
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

hehe thanks. i hope they'll include it for POCA. :D
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

Zorro Season 1 came out it France. Could that be it? Could it be coming over?

Have you guys seen the cover? I don't know how to attach pics so...
Dolce fare niente...
KinOO
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KinOO »

Watched the movie yesterday, gosh the restauration was amazing! It is Soooo Clean, so gorgeous, the opening with a traveling through the woods is very impressive (just try to find such details in recent animated movies... impossible)! I didn't saw the movie for about 5 or 6 years, rewatching it was quite weird as all my childhood memories came back. I forgot how cruel the movie was: The first part is about colorful animals with big cute eyes and birds singing in a colorful background with flowers and sun.. Then you have cold winter time and the fatal death of Bamb's mother... Chocking!!!!

Have to watch the bonus now!