Mary Poppins: 40th Anniversary Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Here's the coverart for the Brazilian DVD:
Chris
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Chris »

Thanks for posting that Brazil cover, Joe. It looks nice. I like it.

I also love the cover art for the upcoming CD soundtrack. I hope Disney Records does some promotion for it.

Oh, speaking of Disney Records, tomorrow the Mary Poppins KARAOKE CD will be released. It will have newly recorded tracks both with and without vocals.
"She sailed out of the Disney-blue heavens, umbrella in hand, and promptly elicited every gorgeous adjective in the book from reviewers coast to coast."
Chris
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Chris »

Here is an ad for the new Soundtrack coming November 16.

Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

The US cover art has apparently changed. This is now the image showing up for retailers:

It could be just a mock cover advertising the short, like the "First Time on DVD" bit Disney sent to retailers on <i>Aladdin</i> that was obviously not on the final DVD cover.
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

Hmmmmmm..... As the "open here" cut out is now missing from the slip cover, I wonder if the cover will still open like a book, or now be like the Mulan cover ??.... Hopefully it still opens like a book.
Jordan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jordan »

We've already been throught this in the previous pages................
The pic given to the retailers is not laways the officiel one. And for tihs lattest, all know that the down banner saying "All New Bonus Short" won't be presented that way...
and yes there'll be a slipcover and we already saw the inside of it.
Chandler (to Phoebe, over the phone) : Listen, Joey isn't gonna be here tonight so why don't you come over and I'll let you uh.. feel my bicep; or maybe more...
Friends, 5.14 - The One Where Everybody Finds Out
That1GuyPictures
Gold Classic Collection

Post by That1GuyPictures »

yes there'll be a slipcover and we already saw the inside of it.
Are there any more pictures we have of any cover art for Mary poppins at this point?

Everyone seems to think they know a lot about it...
But is there someone in the know that actually has some real proof (AKA...photographs) that they have actually seen the back cover, inside cover, front cover...even if it is temporary?
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

I doubt the bonus short label at the bottom will actually be on the product. However, I much prefer the color scheme on the Amazon listing to what we originally saw.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Jordan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jordan »

That1GuyPictures wrote:
yes there'll be a slipcover and we already saw the inside of it.
Are there any more pictures we have of any cover art for Mary poppins at this point?

Everyone seems to think they know a lot about it...
But is there someone in the know that actually has some real proof (AKA...photographs) that they have actually seen the back cover, inside cover, front cover...even if it is temporary?
If I said that we've already seen it is that it's been proved by pictures... See the previous pages of this thread...
Chandler (to Phoebe, over the phone) : Listen, Joey isn't gonna be here tonight so why don't you come over and I'll let you uh.. feel my bicep; or maybe more...
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Jordan wrote:If I said that we've already seen it is that it's been proved by pictures... See the previous pages of this thread...
Jordan wrote:and yes there'll be a slipcover and we already saw the inside of it.
I don't see any pictures in this thread that prove anything. Where are we seeing inside the case, as you seem to imply? We've seen temporary artwork with the slipcover, and temporary artwork of the keepcase within.

This will undoubtedly have a slipcover, and will almost certainly open like a book. But I'd like if you could point me in the direction of where we see for certain the packaging and what it looks like on the inside.
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Eeesh, I hope that "All New Bonus Short" banner is just for promo artwork, as was the "First Time on DVD" banner for Aladdin. Looks very ugly.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

Jack wrote:Eeesh, I hope that "All New Bonus Short" banner is just for promo artwork, as was the "First Time on DVD" banner for Aladdin. Looks very ugly.
I hate those banners too!

On the UK release of Aladdin we had ''Includes a virtual magic carpet ride''!

I mean do they honestly think that is going to influence anybody to buy it!
Jordan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jordan »

Luke wrote:
Jordan wrote:If I said that we've already seen it is that it's been proved by pictures... See the previous pages of this thread...
Jordan wrote:and yes there'll be a slipcover and we already saw the inside of it.
I don't see any pictures in this thread that prove anything. Where are we seeing inside the case, as you seem to imply? We've seen temporary artwork with the slipcover, and temporary artwork of the keepcase within.

This will undoubtedly have a slipcover, and will almost certainly open like a book. But I'd like if you could point me in the direction of where we see for certain the packaging and what it looks like on the inside.
I was referring to this pic on Animated News : http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00002388.html which of course doesn't say "officialy" that it features the inside of the slipcover but which as we all know is very similar to what we find in them. And it can't be anything else so... with just a little guess...

Plus, why won't Mary Poppins have a openned slipcover anyway, huh ?? :) :D Mulan is one the only Disney 2-Dsic DVD wich isn't packed in a openned slipcover, so... and Mary Poppins deserves a lot more than Mulan, so don't worry ! :)
Jordan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jordan »

ichabod wrote:
Jack wrote:Eeesh, I hope that "All New Bonus Short" banner is just for promo artwork, as was the "First Time on DVD" banner for Aladdin. Looks very ugly.
I hate those banners too!

On the UK release of Aladdin we had ''Includes a virtual magic carpet ride''!

I mean do they honestly think that is going to influence anybody to buy it!
The R1 Alice in Wonderland's Masterpiece Edition featured the "Includes A Virtual Wonderland Pary" banner to match with the upper one "2 Disc Set", so....

In France, Aladdin also has a the same kind of banner at the bottom saying "Movie Entirely Restored And Remastered !".
haagi_de

the Soundtrack

Post by haagi_de »

as for the soundtrack: I know we had some information in this thread here, but what's this extra DVD gonna be? (mentioned at amazon.com)
Is there an online store where I could get it cheaper than at amazon? I should have ordered when it was down at about $10... :x

bye,
haagi_de
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Jordan wrote:The R1 Alice in Wonderland's Masterpiece Edition featured the "Includes A Virtual Wonderland Pary" banner to match with the upper one "2 Disc Set", so....
I'm getting kinda tedious here, but the Alice in Wonderland banner actually fit in with the rest of the packaging. The "All New Bonus Short" banner stands out from the rest of the design of Mary Poppins' cover, that's why I said it looked so ugly (and I do think its only for promotional purposes).
Jordan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jordan »

Jack wrote:
Jordan wrote:The R1 Alice in Wonderland's Masterpiece Edition featured the "Includes A Virtual Wonderland Pary" banner to match with the upper one "2 Disc Set", so....
I'm getting kinda tedious here, but the Alice in Wonderland banner actually fit in with the rest of the packaging. The "All New Bonus Short" banner stands out from the rest of the design of Mary Poppins' cover, that's why I said it looked so ugly (and I do think its only for promotional purposes).
Yeah I agree with you it's for promotional purposes and plus it doesn't feel real...
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Jordan wrote:Plus, why won't Mary Poppins have a openned slipcover anyway, huh ?? :) :D Mulan is one the only Disney 2-Dsic DVD wich isn't packed in a openned slipcover, so... and Mary Poppins deserves a lot more than Mulan, so don't worry ! :)
The slipcovers for "Finding Nemo" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" don't 'open like a book' neither.
Jordan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jordan »

Joe Carioca wrote:
Jordan wrote:Plus, why won't Mary Poppins have a openned slipcover anyway, huh ?? :) :D Mulan is one the only Disney 2-Dsic DVD wich isn't packed in a openned slipcover, so... and Mary Poppins deserves a lot more than Mulan, so don't worry ! :)
The slipcovers for "Finding Nemo" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" don't 'open like a book' neither.
Finding Nemo is not a Disney DVD. It's a Pixar movie, so cannot compare. As for Pirates of the Caribbean, it's not an classic animtated feature, so cannot be compared etiher.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Jordan wrote:Finding Nemo is not a Disney DVD. It's a Pixar movie, so cannot compare. As for Pirates of the Caribbean, it's not an classic animtated feature, so cannot be compared etiher.
It might not have the Disney DVD logo on it, but it's distributed and marketed by Buena Vista Home Entertainment. This is getting off-topic, even from the normal artwork discussions.