DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: National Treasure 2
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:28 pm 
Platinum Edition

The front page reports that Disney is moving ahead with National Treasure 2. I hadn't really thought about the possibility of a sequel, but I think there's potential. There's certainly enough material in terms of national/global political/historical conspiracies to work with. I can see where Mr. Gates might be recruited to solve a new mystery or something along those lines as well.

Don't know what to think about Poirer, as I don't know much about him. I'm hoping he's joined by some of the people who worked on the original's script. Let's hope that all of the applicable original cast returns as well.

-Aaron

• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:30 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

<a href="http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=filmNews&storyID=2005-06-17T052241Z_01_N17390909_RTRIDST_0_FILM-TREASURE-DC.XML">NT2 news...so far</a>

NO..they ended it good! But left some questions hanging. Hmm, now I'm confused if they should make a sequel! :p As long as original actors return, I'm fine. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:45 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I think it would be a waste to make a sequel to National Treasure. The ending just didn't leave very many plot holes to it. I mean it's like they're going to have to try to find another Treasure that also has been lost for 1000's of years. How many treasures can there be?

I think Jerry Bruckheimer is better off just making the Pirates sequels.

Last edited by Timon/Pumbaa fan on Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:48 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Well King Solomons mines comes to mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:53 pm 
Site Admin

Timon/Pumba fan wrote:
I think it would be a waste to make a sequel to National Treasure. The ending just didn't leave very many plot holes to it.

Generally, sequels are made to films that are readily embraced by the public. Any movie that leaves many "plot holes" in it strictly for sequels is not going to be very good or well-received. By your logic, no sequels would ever be made.

As for the necessity of a sequel, while there was more or less a "happy ending" to the last film, I don't think anyone that obsessed with treasures is just going to lay low and go for country strolls. Maybe the first film will be re-released with the original ending in place now that there actually will be a sequel.

Oh, and if French Stewart replaces either Nicolas Cage or Justin Bartha, I'll pass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:01 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Luke wrote:
Timon/Pumba fan wrote:
I think it would be a waste to make a sequel to National Treasure. The ending just didn't leave very many plot holes to it.

Generally, sequels are made to films that are readily embraced by the public. Any movie that leaves many "plot holes" in it strictly for sequels is not going to be very good or well-received. By your logic, no sequels would ever be made.

Well I see where your coming from, but alot of other films can end well but still feel like they can have a sequel. Like Pirates of the Carribean, it didn't have any real plot holes but it didn't feel like the movie was ended compleatly. After I saw the movie I started thinking of a few sequel ideas myself. I just can't imagine a sequel to National Treasure. It was ended so well that it seems hardly possible to have a sequel unless they ended up searching for another treasure which seems rather pointless because even though we want a sequel to have the spirit of the original, we don't want it to compleatly duplicate the original!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:02 pm 
Collector's Edition

I'm with Krystal, the original actors have to return. I hate it when they do a sequel with new people, ruins the movie!
I'm not sure how I feel about a sequel for this movie yet, I really liked the first one, so they're gonna have to work hard to make me like this one too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:15 pm 
Super Genius

I wouldn't mind a sequal..

It's like.. Indiana Jones.. But hipper :D

STDVDS : gasconsherri : haasenterprises : helppay4kidscollege : mtandk0614 : zoosed : sniperxray2 : moker04 : dvdtitan : jedsdvds4u : dvd_isle : ander_island : hollabrady : aikon83 : nowentertmt : tell_your_story

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:18 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Well it had never even occurred to me that a sequel could be made, but now that it has been announced, it's not that surprising. Although I still haven't seen the first I feel it is the type of film that looks as though it could have a sequel made to it. Perhaps the Pirates, it will become a trilogy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:37 pm 
Limited Edition

I loved National Treasure! I am so happy that they will be making a sequel! For the most part, if they get a good plot and keep all the same actors, I don't see how it could go wrong.

My DVD's / My Space

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:23 pm 
Platinum Edition

Wow! National Treasure 2 I can't wait to see what's it about.

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:34 pm 
Limited Edition

I will not be seeing it. I did not like the first one. Way too popcorn-flicky for me. The "conspiracy" wasn't even a conspiracy. It was just a bunch of historical links that in reality, have never been even remotely connected, but for the sake of a Jerry Bruckheimer production, were thrown together as "intelligent" entertainment. Then again, I thoroughly disliked Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl (or whatever the title is), either. :roll:

1) Brokeback Mountain 2) The Squid and the Whale 3) Me And You And Everyone We Know 4) The New World 5) A History of Violence 6) Match Point 7) Munich 8.) Crash 9) Wallace and Gromit 10) Pride & Prejudice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:37 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Wow, Prince Eric sure does dislike a lot of truly amazing films... :roll:

As for me, all I can say is this- Cage-tastic!! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:42 pm 
Limited Edition

Just Myself wrote:
Wow, Prince Eric sure does dislike a lot of truly amazing films... :roll:

As for me, all I can say is this- Cage-tastic!! ;)

Could you please explain to me how National Treasure and Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Pearl are amazing? Oh, and I don't do the "it's entertainment" card, either. :roll:

1) Brokeback Mountain 2) The Squid and the Whale 3) Me And You And Everyone We Know 4) The New World 5) A History of Violence 6) Match Point 7) Munich 8.) Crash 9) Wallace and Gromit 10) Pride & Prejudice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:44 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Um, news flash, that's what movies are for, entertainment, not artsy fartsy films. That's what Da Vinci is for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:46 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I think Prince Eric is actually a film critic in disguise! He gives negative reviews to the fun movies and gives rave reviews on alot of boring movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:53 pm 
Limited Edition

Just Myself wrote:
Um, news flash, that's what movies are for, entertainment, not artsy fartsy films. That's what Da Vinci is for.

Um, news flash, but Da Vinci never made movies. I'm hoping you already new that and were just trying to throw out an example. He did a lot more than just art, but I'm sure you already knew that as well. I never said all films had to be art films. I think Spider-Man 2 and X2: X-Men United were very good, and some of the best of their respective years, but they also had underlying messages about society. Art films are entertaining if you have an open mind and know how to use that mind. To be quite frank, I don't pay 10 dollars to just to sit in a theater and blank out and watch the ridiculously fake special effects razzle and dazzle me. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:53 pm 
Limited Edition

Timon/Pumba fan wrote:
I think Prince Eric is actually a film critic in disguise! He gives negative reviews to the fun movies and gives rave reviews on alot of boring movies.

Such as? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:16 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense
Prince Eric wrote:
I don't pay 10 dollars to just to sit in a theater and blank out and watch the ridiculously fake special effects razzle and dazzle me. :o

Why? To be honest sometimes that's half the fun! :D I disagree that every movie should have underlying messages and such, sometimes all that's needed is pure fun (ala, Pirates of the Caribbean).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:22 pm 
Platinum Edition

I can see it now National Treasure Trilogy along with The Santa Clause Trilogy. :D

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's: