Will The Love Bug be re-released?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
zack626
Gold Classic Collection

Will The Love Bug be re-released?

Post by zack626 »

Is there going to be a re-release of this movie with the release with the new Herbie coming out?
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

Doubt it very much they did an excellent two disc release a couple of years ago.
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

Never heard of the movie
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Alan wrote:Never heard of the movie
Thanks for the wonderful contribution! :thumb:

Like Mr. Toad says, I don't see a better re-release coming. It's already a two-disc set and only carries a $19.99 SRP. Much better treatment than the three sequels (two of which are fullscreen-only).

When <i>Fully Loaded</i> gets released in the fall, it's important that A) there is no slipcover and B) the spine matches the other Herbie DVDs, which astonishingly do line up properly! That spine thing is crucial. Could determine a recommendation one way or the other.
Last edited by Luke on Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

Luke wrote:
Alan wrote:Never heard of the movie
Thanks for the wonderful contribution! :thumb:
well, then can someone tell me whats it about?
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Alan wrote:well, then can someone tell me whats it about?
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/search.html
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Alan
Anniversary Edition

Post by Alan »

thanks
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

I Doubt It, But You Never Know. :)
- Jonathan
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

I hope not sinc eI just bought the whole set a few months back. It's not the best of sets though but I've already expressed my criticism a while back.

So Alan, never heard of Herbie? Wow. :o Well I can't be too surprised. the other day I ran into someone who didn't know what insomnia was and the other day I was even left confused by something everyone knew but me. :oops:
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>
Poppins#1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Poppins#1 »

orestes. wrote:So Alan, never heard of Herbie? Wow. :o Well I can't be too surprised. the other day I ran into someone who didn't know what insomnia was and the other day I was even left confused by something everyone knew but me. :oops:
Speaking of that, here's some quotes that show just how clueless some UD members are!
Timon/Pumba fan wrote: I may sound stupid, but who is Doris Day?
Regarding the death of Anne Bancroft:
Alan wrote: Never heard of her
chaychay102royal wrote: Melissa Etheridge and Elton John are gay?
orestes.
Anniversary Edition

Post by orestes. »

I just read a post on imdb.com about people not knowing John Candy was dead. They had just discovered.

Now I guess I could understand but it makes me feel old. It's natural I guess (time goes by) but I still think it's a shame.
Sometimes I do feel kinda smart when I know things people don't. That is usually a shock to me because I've got the low self esteem thing and believe I'm not the smartest but sheesh somethings that I do know kinda surprise me at times. (okay gettin' all babbly here... not to mention off-topic)

I really like promoting the Disney classics with people I know. I don't think they will go the way of the animated 'Gulliver's Travels' movie in my lifetime (Disney would never allow that!) but really some of their movies are really or have been really forgotten by some... (Black Cauldron until it was rereleased finally on VHS and Saludos Amigos).
To help promote I have burnt (yeah I know) some of my movies for my friend so she can get into them. She wouldn't buy them but maybe she will get hooked on them and buy them eventually (I worked my magic for 'Brother Bear', 'Robin Hood', the Fantasia movies, 'Alice in Wonderland' and about six others and she bought them all! (well I bought her 'Alice in Wonderland' for one of her OOP movies. :))

Now my friend has more Disney movies than me... it was the other way around. She only needs Cinderella and 101 Dalmations and she is done for now!
<a href="http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=orestes" target="_blank">my wonderful dvds.</a>