Walt Disney Treasures Wave 4 - Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Eeyore
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Eeyore »

No no no. That's *triple* dipping.

Double dipping is when you buy content you already have.

See? no "twice" needed. :lol:
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

Has everyone seen the proposed disc art for the Mickey and Pluto sets?

It's somewhat comforting to note that the "1930-47" branding is not seen on the above Pluto discs, though the second disc is a still pose from 'Private Pluto' which doesn't speak well for the idea of double-dipping on Disney's part...
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

woops, didnt notice Luke has them up on the front page..
Class316
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Class316 »

It is comforting that no “volume 1” appears on the disc art. But I wonder why there’s no “disc 1” or “disc 2” written?

If this is the complete Pluto with the war cartoons double dipped and NOT the Mickey cartoons, I guess that would be appropriate. Here’s hoping.

Based on MM B&W vol 2 and Pluto, wave 4 will be the defining moment of the rest of the waves.
ramday

Post by ramday »

If I'm not mistaken there were a few WW2 Pluto cartoons on the "Front Lines" set.
sXe
vondrake

Color MMC?

Post by vondrake »

:? :roll: I look fowars for more info on MMC. I do hope that they will mix color cartoons the the B/W TV show. Someday I hope they release the "I'm no Fool" and they "You" cartoons.
Luke
Site Admin

Re: Color MMC?

Post by Luke »

vondrake wrote::? :roll: I look fowars for more info on MMC. I do hope that they will mix color cartoons the the B/W TV show. Someday I hope they release the "I'm no Fool" and they "You" cartoons.
Welcome to the forum, vondrake! FYI, the <a href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... >Pinocchio: Special Edition</a> in the UK has two "I'm No Fool" shorts on it.
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

Luke, do you know which shorts were included, I didn't see any mention of them on Amazon's site?

I wonder if I should go for the UK set now or hold off for a full-blown R1 2-disc S.E.?
Luke
Site Admin

I like Pinocchio!

Post by Luke »

STASHONE wrote:Luke, do you know which shorts were included, I didn't see any mention of them on Amazon's site?

I wonder if I should go for the UK set now or hold off for a full-blown R1 2-disc S.E.?
"I'm No Fool Having Fun" and "I'm No Fool With Fire"

Full list of International Exclusive specs:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/international.html
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

Thanks Luke, are the Australian and UK sets identical in terms of all content and features and does it come in a standard keepcase?

I think I might pick up the R4 version sometime this week...
MK Sharp
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MK Sharp »

STASHONE wrote:Thanks Luke, are the Australian and UK sets identical in terms of all content and features and does it come in a standard keepcase?
The R4 Pinocchio is in a standard Amaray case. The "I'm No Fool..." shorts are pretty grotty though - they could do with a damn good remaster. Definitely fodder for a Treasures tin down the track.

I must admit I'm very excited about the MMBW Vol2 release. I particularly love late 20s/early 30s animation (does it show?). I'm quietly optimistic that Disney will do the right thing here and get all the remaining b/w Mickeys in this set. I do get a feeling I'll be waiting a fair few years for the balance of the b/w Sillys, though.

P.S. Hello!
"I hope we never lose sight of one thing - that this was all started by a little girl and a cat. And a rabbit."
STASHONE
Anniversary Edition

Post by STASHONE »

Thanks for the heads up Sharp, I might just hold out afterall..

(nice Flip avatar btw)

Welcome.

:wink:
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

Post by deathie mouse »

mmm.. with all those Silly Symphonies b/w shorts, if they would have included Silly Symphonies v.2 in place of Pluto in the next wave, it woulda been THE b/w wave!

This thread sudenly looked cool with all this b/w-ness! :D

Welcome MK Sharp!

btw this is not criticism directed at your avatar (which I like :)) at all, but it has that ghoulish green tint that many b/w programs on DVD have which is an abominatin done by macaque colorists trying to neutralize the bluishness of TV and puter monitor's set from the factory at the incorrect D93 (skylight's 9300 Kelvin color temperature) white point instead of the corrrect neutral D65 (Daylight 6504 Kelvin)

Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

It does seem odd that we have no Donald Vol 2 this wave. After all, we had a Mickey release each wave. You could argue that we have 2 this wave, with the MMC (I know, but it could be argued).

I can't see Disney splitting Pluto up, when they already have Silly Symphonies and Donald to finish. Why leave Pluto hanging for an unspecified period too?

I guess we have enough "big" titles outstanding to last until 2009/2010. Plus each year can have selected compliations from Disneyland (like the Tomorrowland tin) or more MMC episodes.

So that leaves 1 or 2 tins to fill each wave (depending if they are now settling for 3 releases per wave or not).

Given the Disney vaults, it shouldn't be hard to do - they could even release a set of made for TV "making of" specials for the more modern movies! (Yes, I still want the Lion King TV special that was missing from the Lion King PE on DVD).
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Ciaobelli
Special Edition

Post by Ciaobelli »

I hope they start releasing 2 waves per year. Also get moving with the animated ones. I want more Donalds. If they keep up with this pace, by the time we get all the short for everyone, HD-DVD will be old.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

STASHONE wrote:Has everyone seen the proposed disc art for the Mickey and Pluto sets?

It's somewhat comforting to note that the "1930-47" branding is not seen on the above Pluto discs, though the second disc is a still pose from 'Private Pluto' which doesn't speak well for the idea of double-dipping on Disney's part...
I wouldn't put much weight on the discs' cover art. The Second Mickey Mouse Color set had shots from shorts on the first volume.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
MK Sharp
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MK Sharp »

deathie mouse wrote:mmm.. with all those Silly Symphonies b/w shorts, if they would have included Silly Symphonies v.2 in place of Pluto in the next wave, it woulda been THE b/w wave!
Ooh, I like the shape of them words!
deathie mouse wrote:btw this is not criticism directed at your avatar (which I like :)) at all, but it has that ghoulish green tint that many b/w programs on DVD have which is an abominatin done by macaque colorists trying to neutralize the bluishness of TV and puter monitor's set from the factory at the incorrect D93 (skylight's 9300 Kelvin color temperature) white point instead of the corrrect neutral D65 (Daylight 6504 Kelvin)
You fell off the back of a what? :lol:
(wanders off, has a fiddle in Photoshop)
How about that then?

Thanks for the nice words of welcome, folks.
"I hope we never lose sight of one thing - that this was all started by a little girl and a cat. And a rabbit."
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

Post by deathie mouse »

MK Sharp wrote:How about that then?

Ahhhhhh... true silver screen goodness :)

Post by Class316 »

MMC will be in color, so it still wouldn't be the all B&W wave.

As for SS B&W etc, let us first see if we get a propper Mickey B&W and Complete Pluto first.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

I've updated the first post with revised press release details including full contents of the sets and Maltin write-ups.