DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:33 am 
Special Edition

Disney Duster, this made me think of you! No idea how to make it visible as a pic in my post, since it's from Instagram, but it is the dress transformation made on a cinderella doll.. It's gorgeous!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMsY4DuAtUJ/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:04 am 
Platinum Edition

WillytheDino, that is one of the coolest, most beautiful things for me to see, and you are one of the kindest persons I know, to think of me and show it to me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:14 am 
Special Edition

You're welcome.
He is a very cool artist who creates iconic disney scenes with dolls. They are really lovely.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:46 am 
Platinum Edition

I found this video that I think is a really good look at the film and how it isn't negative in its depiction of a female main character:

Cinderella: Stop Blaming the Victim

I do not completely agree with it. Like I still see the fairy godmother as being another person saving Cinderella, she's just brought on by her faith (so it is Cinderella's faith that saves her but it is still also through another person), and I think Cinderella could have done more to save herself, but I do love what the video says.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:05 am 
Collector's Edition

I like what the video says about the original Disney film giving Cinderella depth and a stronger presence that isn't found in the original fairy tale or in other interpretations, where they water down the character to be truly bland and weak.

My favorite Cinderella adaptation is Ever After tho.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:30 pm 
Platinum Edition

thedisneyspirit wrote:
My favorite Cinderella adaptation is Ever After tho.

Mine, too. Although the animated film is close behind.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:25 pm 
Collector's Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
I found this video that I think is a really good look at the film and how it isn't negative in its depiction of a female main character:

Cinderella: Stop Blaming the Victim

I always thought that Cinderella was the bravest princess, (because bravery doesn't mean to fight with weapons...)

I really love that video because I thought I was the only person who really saw Cinderella as a strong and brave character.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:27 pm 
Platinum Edition

Not really a cover exactly, but Kelly Clarkson sang a little of "So This Is Love" when she was on James Corden's show (Carpool Karaoke) this past week. She was talking about lullabies she sings to her children and that's what she started singing. I was surprised how good she sounded. I mean, she has a phenomenal voice/control/texture, etc., but I was surprised by how well she sounded at a song like that one. I guess I shouldn't have been, she's a bit of a musical chameleon. Too bad she's never participated in one of these various Disneymania/We Love Disney albums that get put out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:37 am 
Platinum Edition

Yay bruno_wbt! So, do you mean she's brave like she holds her own in front of her stepfamily? She even stands up to them about going to the ball? I always thought she was strong.

Ooh, thanks, Disney's Divinity, I checked it out on Youtube! I'm glad she sings it to her son. I don't know why she didn't mention her daughter, or her stepson and stepdaughter. She did sing it really good and it would be a good cover for a CD. When she sang it, it took me back and reminded me why I still love the movie.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:32 am 
Collector's Edition

WillytheDino wrote:
Disney Duster, this made me think of you! No idea how to make it visible as a pic in my post, since it's from Instagram, but it is the dress transformation made on a cinderella doll.. It's gorgeous!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMsY4DuAtUJ/

That is beautiful.

If you're a fan of Disney animation, like my Facebook fanpage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12