The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride Special Edition Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Satoshi
Special Edition

Post by Satoshi »

Great review Luke! My little sister owns the VHS so I've seen the movie numerous times and have always had a good deal of respect for it. I agree completely with your review, that while it can't measure up to the original, it's definitely at the top of the heap of DTV films.

Can't wait to pick up the DVD and complete the "trilogy".
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

Loomis wrote:I did a double take when I saw the "Matter-of-Facts" screenshot that said "Shouldn't Kovu and Kiara be in bed by now?". I thought they were going to chnage it to the "Matter-of-Facts-Of-Life" :) (Of course, then Molly Ringwald and George Glooney might appear. And there would be a fat one named Natalie).
Haha, that's funny Loomis. The TV-Series that aired between 1979 and 1988 is funny. I think about Charlotte Rae, Cloris Leachman and Lisa Whelchel.

It's too bad Disney didn't interview the young actors and actresses. :( They did a great job voicing characters.

Later
yoda_four
Special Edition

Post by yoda_four »

Loomis wrote:
Luke wrote:Full review is up:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/lionking2.html
I did a double take when I saw the "Matter-of-Facts" screenshot that said "Shouldn't Kovu and Kiara be in bed by now?". I thought they were going to chnage it to the "Matter-of-Facts-Of-Life" :) (Of course, then Molly Ringwald and George Glooney might appear. And there would be a fat one named Natalie).
IMAO! I thought the exact same thing! :lol:
My Blog

- Paul
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

Disney will release a new Simba's Pride soundtrack CD on August 31. Unlike the Return To Pride Rock CD, this new CD will only feature the eight songs in the movie. The song We Are One sung Angelique Kidjo may be on the new CD.

Here are the songs that are not on the new CD:
She Believes In You - Lebo M
Song For The Children - Lebo M
I Want To See The Moon - Lebo M
The Lion Sleeps Tonight

It's only $7 USD. If you can't find The Return to Pride Rock, you can buy the new soundtrack CD.
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

Luke wrote:Full review is up:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/lionking2.html

To summarize:
Very good movie (enjoyed it more than I remembered), :thumb:
GREAT video and audio, :wink:
lightweight but amusing bonus features :roll:
overall, a solid 2-Disc Disney DVD for one of their best DTVs :D
Thanks for posting the review Luke. It's nice to see that Disney enhanced the video.

My brother still hasn't pre-ordered the DVD and free lithographs. :o I think he's busy with with his new job. I hope I will recieve the DVD and lithograph next week.