The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride Special Edition Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

DreamerQ18 wrote:i have younger cousins who coe to visit but dont really speak English. That and I really do enjoy watching the mobvies in French just to see what I can pick up lol. Silly I know. And oh yeah I always love hearing the songs in different languages :D .
I hope your cousins enjoy watching the movie in French and Spanish! I'm going to watch the movie in French and Spanish too. Later
Lumiere
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lumiere »

hey, I already bought the movie here in Mexico it has almost the same bonus features, and believe me, they are great!

the ONE BY ONE SHORT FILM, and the PROUD OF SIMBA'S PRIDE were my favorite bonus features!
Beef ragout
Cheese souffle
Pie and pudding "en flambe"

We'll prepare and serve with flair
A culinary cabaret!!!!
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Post by DreamerQ18 »

Lumiere wrote:hey, I already bought the movie here in Mexico it has almost the same bonus features, and believe me, they are great!

the ONE BY ONE SHORT FILM, and the PROUD OF SIMBA'S PRIDE were my favorite bonus features!
Coolness thanks for the heads up :) . I know I am using birthday moeny to purchase this movie :D .
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

Thanks for pointing this out. I just mentioned it and gave you credit at Animated News.
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

Joe Carioca wrote:The official site is online: http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/anima ... mbaspride/
Nice! Thanks Joe :)
Image Image
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Christian wrote:Is the "One by One" video any good?
Yes. It is a magificent looking short.
Visually stunning, combined with a very simple story.
Reminds me of something out of Fantasia, as there is no dialog at all throughout the short. The images I posted really only give you a brief idea of what the short "feels" like, but it would have made a great theatrical short.
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Loomis wrote:
Christian wrote:Is the "One by One" video any good?
Yes. It is a magificent looking short.
Visually stunning, combined with a very simple story.
Reminds me of something out of Fantasia, as there is no dialog at all throughout the short. The images I posted really only give you a brief idea of what the short "feels" like, but it would have made a great theatrical short.
Actually, "One By One" was part of the in-production version of "Fantasia", at the time called "Fantasia 2006". Unfortunately, the project got canned. The other segments already produced were "Lorenzo" and "Destino". Let's hope these two will also see the light of DVD some day.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Why don't they just put them on a DVD together with some celeb in-betweens and call it Fantasia 2005?

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

awallaceunc wrote:Why don't they just put them on a DVD together with some celeb in-betweens and call it Fantasia 2005?

-Aaron
I was just about to mention that :) . A DTV Fantasia would be cool, but I don't think they should do it if Roy Disney couldn't be in it. It seemed to be like his project and they probably aren't compiling it as one movie out of respect for him. If Roy Disney never left and Michael Eisner was his friend, then I think they would release it and maybe they might have included a classic Fantasia segment like they did in Fantasia 2000. Lol, if they did make Fantasia 2006, then maybe they might've given Goofy a segment :lol: .
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

That would've been cool!

Maybe we'll get another grade-A Fantasia in like 10 years, with the full treatment.

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Actually, "Fantasia 2006" was cancelled when Roy still was at Disney. They realized the movie would be too costly and the project got canned. There is an article about this over Jim Hill's, so you can look for it there.

Hmm, a direct-to-video "Fantasia" would be a sacrilege in my opinion, hehehe! But a DVD compilating "Lorenzo", "One By One" and "Destino" along with other recent animated shorts like "John Henry" and "Off His Rockers" would be the most welcome. :up:
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Post by DreamerQ18 »

awallaceunc wrote:Why don't they just put them on a DVD together with some celeb in-betweens and call it Fantasia 2005?

-Aaron
Becasue that is just to good of an idea, Orignal concept never before seen shorts and would make lots of money and more than likley make the the public happy but then again I am sure the Company totlay missed all these great points.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Okay, just got this in, and to answer what is far and away the most important question, it does have a cardboard slipcover! And a 4-page DVD Guide insert too!

I'll review the other stuff, like the movie and extras, some time soon. :)
Satoshi
Special Edition

Post by Satoshi »

Yay! Thanks for the great news about the slipcover Luke! I can't wait to read that review. :D

Haha I just realized how pathetic that sounds. That the thing I care most about is whether or not it has a slipcover. :P
Lumiere
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lumiere »

yay!!! i love slipcovers! :)

this is my post # 100! wahoo :D
Beef ragout
Cheese souffle
Pie and pudding "en flambe"

We'll prepare and serve with flair
A culinary cabaret!!!!
Starion
Anniversary Edition

Post by Starion »

Thanks for the great news Luke! :) I love slip-covers. lol I wonder what's on the inside cover. A four page insert/booklet is pretty decent for a Direct-to-video film. Let us know if the DVD really has a Spanish language track.

Here are some screengrabs of the "One By One" short:
http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00002173.html

I love the colours. :wink:
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Full review is up:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/lionking2.html

To summarize:
Very good movie (enjoyed it more than I remembered), :thumb:
GREAT video and audio, :wink:
lightweight but amusing bonus features :roll:
overall, a solid 2-Disc Disney DVD for one of their best DTVs :D
Paka
Anniversary Edition

Post by Paka »

Nice review, Luke. I'm gonna rent this for the One by One short, and also to see whether the colors in the film itself are less "uniform" and hopefully more defined.

Other than that, I ain't buying. In my opinion, this film is so sloppily made it's almost embarrassing. Gi-normous plotholes everywhere. Dialogue that makes me gag. And an "identity problem," as well. This film has a mature story with mature themes, but it dumbs it down in order to cater to kids. Thus you get a final product that's just dark and confusing to children. I could go on some more about this "film" (read: video babysitter), but I think I've raised enough hackles amongst the UD readers by now. ;)
Life often leaves us standing bare, naked and dejected with a lost opportunity. Over the bleached bones and jumbled residues of numerous civilizations are written the pathetic words: "Too late."

~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Luke wrote:Full review is up:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/lionking2.html
I did a double take when I saw the "Matter-of-Facts" screenshot that said "Shouldn't Kovu and Kiara be in bed by now?". I thought they were going to chnage it to the "Matter-of-Facts-Of-Life" :) (Of course, then Molly Ringwald and George Glooney might appear. And there would be a fat one named Natalie).

Doesn't sound as though I missed much by buying the Aussie edition.

Good stuff, L.
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter