Disney Princess Collection DVDs Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

Thanks for putting up reviews, Luke! I was watching the Sleeping Beauty 2nd disc last night and watched the bonus sing-along. One could tell that they recycled it from the Be Our Guest VHS sing-along. I'm glad to know they didn't do that this time for the DVD.
The Little Mermaid's "Part of Your World" and Aladdin's "A Whole New Era" follow, and even if they are products of a different era,
Wow! A new Aladdin song! Maybe I should buy this DVD just for that!

lol, jk. :) It looks like you were thinking ahead too much while typing :lol: . You were right though about the new song. It's hard to recognize that it is the same cast members from the original films. I saw the entire video at the Disney store and I only recognized Mulan, Jasmine and Pocahontas. For some reason, Ariel and Belle sounded like someone else trying to do Jodi Benson and Paige O'hara's voices, even though it really was them. I guess the style the sang in was too different from their movies.
The third bonus feature section rings in a whole new age of the Sing Along Songs DVDs: Dance Alongs. For all of you who have enjoyed Sing Along Songs DVDs, but needed some guidance in getting jiggy with it, your prayers are answered.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
This DVD seems pretty good for any family with young girls. I thank you, Luke, for sitting through it so you could review it for us. Though, I've never viewed the previous Sing-Along DVDs, this one seems pretty cool and I'd definitely buy it if I had a daughter or a little sister or little cousin.

Princess Stories:
What?!?! :shock: :?
That is very disappointing. I was surprised to see it was an hour long. Obviously the Cinderella and Belle "shorts" just used up the time for the commercials of the Jamines and Ariel episodes. On the bright side, the new "shorts" promote reading :) .
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Thanks for the compliments and the correction!

Last Princess DVD review is now up: <a href="http://www.ultimatedisney.com/princess- ... ml">Disney Princess Party</a>! Whoo hoo! :)
Lumiere
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lumiere »

i want the dvd only because the IF YOU CAN DREAM video, i saw it in www.disneyvideos.com, i want it!!!
Beef ragout
Cheese souffle
Pie and pudding "en flambe"

We'll prepare and serve with flair
A culinary cabaret!!!!
Pluto
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Pluto »

I think the worst movie of disney princess will be the one of the party, because is not like in sing along or in the one of the stories, I think those ones will be better
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

pluto wrote:I think the worst movie of disney princess will be the one of the party, because is not like in sing along or in the one of the stories, I think those ones will be better
Eh, I was most disappointed in Stories. Party essentially had two 22-minute episode stories, plus a whole slew of other things. Stories just had the two stories, two terrible new shorts, and very little else.

I found Sing Along Songs most enjoyable out of the three.
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Post by DreamerQ18 »

I just finsh reading the reviews you posted up Luke. And I just wanted to say thanks. For helping me save my moeny. No offense to all those big Disney Princess fans but these DVDs coming out are a totla let down. And I am so glad I know now and can svae y money for something totaly worth it.
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

Thanks for the Princess party review, Luke (or should I say, "Belle" of the ball). I was most curious about this of the three, to see what Disney's idea of a party is and what they could produce through DVD. It's sad to see the reused Princess quiz and not a new one that isn't so obvious ("Merryweather" thinks I am most like Snow White...gaahhh!). I'm glad you were able to sit through it for the review's sake and for ours :) .

I agree that this is definitely for little girls, but the problem with it is that it may most likely be used only once or twice in an area. It would be pointless to use it again at the next years' party since it is the same thing. It would also be pointless for the birthday girl's friends to use it at their parties since they've already seen it (unless it's not tiring for them).
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
Mermaid Kelly
Anniversary Edition

Post by Mermaid Kelly »

Thanks for the princess reviews, Luke :) :ariel:
I bought the sing-along right away....but I'm still not sure whether or not to buy the other two :roll:
Image Image
DisneyGirl
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyGirl »

I went to Costco today and bought the three dvds in a gift set. It was only 29.99, so I considered it a good deal, especially since they're retailing at 19.99 each. I only wanted the Stories from the Heart, but I decided to get all of them since it was so cheap. I liked the Little Mermaid and Aladdin story, the other two stories are pretty groan worthy. I haven't opened the sing alongs and Princess parties.
I remember someone commenting on the "How to be a Princess" bonus feature on the Stories DVD and how it was out of hand (or something along a negative line), I must say, it was rather cute. It's more of a politeness test than anything else. It was rather sweet.
DisneyGirl

Image After All These Years...& Still Wishing On Stars Image

My Collections