Rhona Who Lives by the River

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Rhona Who Lives by the River

Post by Sotiris »

Disney+ has put into development Rhona Who Lives by the River, an animated musical series from Suburgatory creator Emily Kapnek, with Jumanji and Avengers star Karen Gillan attached to voice the titular character and executive produce. Four-time Oscar nominee Danny Elfman will create and oversee music on the project and also will executive produce. The project hails from 20th Television Animation. Stoopid Buddy Stoodios will provide animation.

Created by Kapnek, Rhona Who Lives by the River follows the adventures of Rhona #3 (Gillan), the third-most-interesting Rhona in a small Scottish town, whose life is utterly dull. But after a freak clootie well accident results in bacterial pinkeye and the ability to make her own wishes come true, Rhona’s star finally is on the rise.

Kapnek, who is under an overall deal with ABC Signature, will serve as showrunner and executive producer with Gillan and Elfman. 20th Television Animation is the studio. “We’re so pleased that Emily and Karen chose Disney Branded as their home,” said Ayo Davis, president of Disney Branded Television. “They’re exceptional at creating characters that embody powerful moments of anticipation, humor, and warmth. Along with Danny, a music visionary who sees all the magic that’s possible in a story, we know that we are in great hands.”
Source: https://deadline.com/2021/11/karen-gill ... 234875074/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

Re: Rhona Who Lives by the River

Post by blackcauldron85 »

after a freak clootie well accident results in bacterial pinkeye and the ability to make her own wishes come true, Rhona’s star finally is on the rise.
I don't know quite what I just read, but they had me at "animated musical."
Disney's Divinity

Re: Rhona Who Lives by the River

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I liked Suburgatory, so I'll give this a chance (if I ever get a chance to see it, that is). I mean, Danny Elfman is great, which means at least the music should be alright if nothing else.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"