Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2018

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2018

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:If it's labeled an exclusive, it never gets a wide release (at least not in the same packaging). Disney Movie Club is only available in North America so if you want a copy you'll have to hit third-party sellers on eBay or Amazon Marketplace to get a hold of one.
OK, thanks for the info!
Sotiris wrote:The censored Pecos Bill segment is in Melody Time, not in The Three Caballeros.
Oops :oops: Of course. I know Pecos Bill is in Melody Time and not in The Three Caballeros, but I did a quick search for info on what had been censored and that info also appeared, so I mixed it up. I didn't stop to think before writing, otherwise I would've noticed my mistake.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh my God, that Coco cover is absolutely beautiful!
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Do we know for sure that SA/T3C has no bonus features?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

^No, we don't know for sure yet. However, none of the other titles in this line (yellow border, Blu-ray exclusives) had any bonus features, so it's highly unlikely this one will.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

While the probable lack of bonus features is annoying and the lack of a slipcover will make this stick out like a sore thumb alongside the rest of the WDAS films on Blu, I'm grateful we're getting this on Blu nonetheless.
UDer #3495 :D
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

I'll never understand why they won't port over the DVD special features for their DMC counterpart titles on Blu.

They need to take a page from the Warner Archive.

EDIT: With that, I left a post on DMC's wall about having the uncut version of Saludos Amigos on the Blu-ray. Awaiting response.
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:I'll never understand why they won't port over the DVD special features for their DMC counterpart titles on Blu.

They need to take a page from the Warner Archive.

EDIT: With that, I left a post on DMC's wall about having the uncut version of Saludos Amigos on the Blu-ray. Awaiting response.
Agreed. The fact that there's usually plenty of room on Blu-Ray discs for the previously released bonus features makes it even worse.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

After the lackluster DVD release for Treasure Island with absolutely no bonus features, I had been hoping the Blu-Ray would fix that issue. Of course they went one step further and removed all bonus features for all their movies so there's that. A pity that Saludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros will have no bonus features considering that the laserdisc is packed with extras. I suppose we should consider ourselves lucky that Disney is even bothering to release it.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:You're not going to believe what's coming to the Disney Movie Club next!:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... ostcount=1
OMG I'M GONNA HAVE AN ORGASM!!! :party: :party: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :party: :party:

I will have to get this from eBay as I'm from Europe but I think I'll manage somehow.

Can I send Disney a really heartfelt fan letter telling them how incredibly grateful I am that they are releasing this so that hopefully they'll do the same with Make Mine Music, Melody Time and Black Cauldron? :lol:
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Jules wrote:
Mickeyfan1990 wrote:You're not going to believe what's coming to the Disney Movie Club next!:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... ostcount=1
Can I send Disney a really heartfelt fan letter telling them how incredibly grateful I am that they are releasing this so that hopefully they'll do the same with Make Mine Music, Melody Time and Black Cauldron? :lol:
No! We should be telling them that they should actually put some effort into their final two Blu-Ray releases and make them a wide-release. :lol:
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I was reading on Wikipedia, which is not the most reliable source, but they were suggesting that Peter Pan and Fantasia would be the next entries in the Signature Collection. Also, they said that the original Star Wars trilogy would be released in 4K on April 11, 2018. Is that true? I couldn’t find any source confirming this, but it would be extremely cool if it were true.
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Sicoe Vlad wrote:I was reading on Wikipedia, which is not the most reliable source, but they were suggesting that Peter Pan and Fantasia would be the next entries in the Signature Collection. Also, they said that the original Star Wars trilogy would be released in 4K on April 11, 2018. Is that true? I couldn’t find any source confirming this, but it would be extremely cool if it were true.
I have also heard Peter Pan may be coming in June and Fantasia in August.

I'd love for them to release the Star Wars films, but I just bought the Complete Saga Blu-Ray set so they'd have to include something really special in the new set to warrant a double dip, like all the bonus features ported over or the original theatrical versions of the films (which I also shelled out a decent amount of money for for that non-anamorphic box set from 2008). Of course, it's Disney so we'll probably only get the 2011 versions of the films and a watered-down selection of bonus features. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything official about it yet, and I'm even more surprised its release isn't coinciding with the home video release of the new movie.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

The Star Wars films are unlikely. Apparently Lucas still has control over the unaltered original trilogy. Or if he doesn't have final say, then Disney values him enough to not release them as long as he's around. I think it was basically confirmed by Kathleen Kennedy a while ago where she hinted that an outside force (not Disney) is the reason why it hasn't been released yet.
ImageImage
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

JeanGreyForever wrote:The Star Wars films are unlikely. Apparently Lucas still has control over the unaltered original trilogy. Or if he doesn't have final say, then Disney values him enough to not release them as long as he's around. I think it was basically confirmed by Kathleen Kennedy a while ago where she hinted that an outside force (not Disney) is the reason why it hasn't been released yet.
I'll never understand Lucas. I understand his intentions with updating the films every so often, but at this point they're so historically significant that I feel like we should have the option to view them as they were originally released. Especially with how much data Blu-Ray can hold, they should definitely be able to include all different versions of the films.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

DisneyFreak5282 wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:The Star Wars films are unlikely. Apparently Lucas still has control over the unaltered original trilogy. Or if he doesn't have final say, then Disney values him enough to not release them as long as he's around. I think it was basically confirmed by Kathleen Kennedy a while ago where she hinted that an outside force (not Disney) is the reason why it hasn't been released yet.
I'll never understand Lucas. I understand his intentions with updating the films every so often, but at this point they're so historically significant that I feel like we should have the option to view them as they were originally released. Especially with how much data Blu-Ray can hold, they should definitely be able to include all different versions of the films.
I think for him, it's just like watching his work unfinished, almost like it's still in storyboard form or the special effects haven't been put in yet (which is one of the main issues most people have with the alterations now anyway). I don't personally have an issue with most of his alterations, and even the ones that I'm not really a fan of, I can live with, but I do agree that the theatrical versions of the films should be released, especially since those are the versions (at least for the original Star Wars) that have been chosen to be preserved.
ImageImage
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Don't go by Wikipedia less they have a source of it's a known fact.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

What do you mean those are the films that have been chosn to be preserved? I mean aren't they only releasing the newly altered ones?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Disney Duster wrote:What do you mean those are the films that have been chosn to be preserved? I mean aren't they only releasing the newly altered ones?
I meant that the American Film Institute selects certain films for preservation that are deemed to have historical significance. Several Disney films like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Bambi, for example, were chosen. The original Star Wars film was also chosen and it truly is the original without any of the changes.

Yes, as of now, the Star Wars Episodes 4-6 films that are being released on DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital, etc. are the altered versions. The original unaltered versions have not been made available in over a decade now.
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, ok. I was wondering if it was in relation to the American Film Institute. Thanks for the info!
rsandcm1
Limited Issue

Post by rsandcm1 »

According to Priscilla on the Disney Movie club facebook page, the "Saludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros" blu-ray set is going to be unedited.
Whose Line, Boy Meets World, Adventures In Wonderland, Growing Pains, Walker Texas Ranger, 7th Heaven, Brotherly Love, Saved By The Bell, Full House, Muppets Tonight, The Nanny, Home Improvement, Silver Spoons, Family Matters, Reba, The Drew Carey Show,