Wall-E 2?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Wall-E 2?

Post by Sotiris »

Andrew Stanton talks about the possibility of a Wall-E sequel.
Q: Is there a possible second Wall-E movie?

Andrew Stanton: Not likely. But never say never. It's all about the idea. Dory was 10 years later.
Source: https://twitter.com/andrewstanton/statu ... 0872926208

He seems much more open to it now than he was before.
Q: Could there ever be a Wall-E sequel now that humanity has been touched with…

Andrew Stanton: Oh, I’m sure. Sadly there can always be a sequel. It just depends on whether it should be a sequel, and you know, personally I don’t think I’ll be involved in any sequel soon just because I’m, you know, you spend four years on these things and you’re ready to move on. I’m done with fish, and now I’m done with robots and I love these characters. You try to make them so endearing that you won’t mind seeing them again, but there isn’t anything in the works right now like it wasn’t pre-planned to have a sequel, no.
Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/interview-andrew-stanton/
“Personally, I never consider sequels,” WALL-E writer/director Andrew Stanton told MTV News. “I think that takes a lot of hubris to think that your idea is going to live on and on, and I always love the idea of something just being contained and done.” But didn’t Stanton co-write the screenplay for “Toy Story 2”? Maybe there’s a chance someday for a second go at WALL-E?

Pressed if he had any ideas in mind for the characters in the animated feature, Stanton was blunt: “Not for me, no. We work on these things for so long,” he explained, “that we have a hard time simply thinking that the [first] film is ever going to be done. I’m not against sequels, and I’ve certainly experienced personally and seen secondhand great sequels, but I don’t go in with that intent.”
Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/2431494/wall-e- ... -director/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Re: Finding Dory

Post by Kyle »

Now watch someone take that answer out of context with the headline "Stanton eyes Wall-e Sequel".
Disney's Divinity

Re: Finding Dory

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Q: Is there a possible second Wall-E movie?

Andrew Stanton: Not likely. But never say never.
No one would say that about Pixar films these days. :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Re: Wall-E 2?

Post by Sotiris »

Jim Morris talks about the likelihood of a sequel.
“WALL-E is close to my heart since I produced it,” says Morris, who shepherded the 2008 film with director Andrew Stanton. “It would be good to back and visit that world and let everybody know that the humans actually survived again after getting back to their burnt-out planet. But that was really a love story that had its beginning, middle, and end, so we’re not really planning any further stories in those worlds at this point.”
Source: http://ew.com/article/2016/07/01/pixar- ... nside-out/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

I personally don't mind well-done sequels at all (one of the best Pixar movies ever is a sequel), but if there is one movie I'm totally opposed to having a sequel, it's Wall-E. There is absolutely no way we need more of Wall-E and Eve. A sequel would greatly diminish the impact of the first one for me. People need to stop asking him this before he thinks he should be thinking about it.
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Since we are already talking about robots and planets (or at least I did in my previous post), a sequel could focus on other characters, but otherwise take place in the same universe. What if humans, as they are slowly growing in numbers, set out to colonize new land? Some decades after they return, a group encounters a whole forest of the robotic equivalent of trees and animals? If this new ecosystem is spreading, do the humans have the moral rights to kill it, should they pull back or find a way to co-exist? Or maybe an A.I. have created its own race of independent and intelligent machines.

In addition to sequels, we have paraquels, circumquels and inquels. And spinoffs.

As for the first movie, Wall-E is one of my favorite Pixar movies, even if I personally don't see the need for a social comments regarding the obese humans in space or how they rediscover dancing and soil. It could have worked just as well if the majority of humans were stored inside capsules in suspended animation, with just a small crew of blue-collar workers who woke up once every few years to make sure that everything was OK onboard.