DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:24 am 
Platinum Edition

Yeah I love Sofia's voice and she sang really well in that performance.

I first saw Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in theaters. I don't remember what re-release it was, but it must have been a 90's one. I remember seeing the commercials for it, and I loved when I saw in the commercials the queen transforming into the witch and her hair growing long and white and blowing around. I loved it so much I asked my mom to draw a picture of the witch for me. And she did and then I said "Where's her hair blowing around?", and she quickly drew that on the witch, lol. I must have liked the film because anytime I remember getting anything Snow White related (that told the story, as in a book or home video release, or anything that was of the queen/witch), I liked it very much. To this day I have loved the film and fairy tale very much, it's always been a favorite of mine. Only recently do I feel that it is Disney's very best feature, after Beauty and the Beast. It's a powerful masterpeice.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:58 pm 
Platinum Edition

Snow White will always have a special place in my heart. It was the first Disney animated feature that I had ever watched and the one that started it all for me. My parents rented it out on VHS and from the very first few minutes I became mesmerized. It was so much better than any of the cartoons I had watched on TV. I didn't know how or why but I could tell that this one was different, that it was special. So many different art forms, painting, drawing, acting, storytelling, color, song and music, came together in perfect unison. By the end of it, when the music was swelling up while the camera panned to the golden castle, a euphoric rush came over me. It was such a magically satisfying experience. That was it. I was hooked. That was the moment I fell in love with hand-drawn animation and remained passionate about it to this day. So, thank you, Snow White! Image

P.S. I remember that during that period I kept reenacting the scene where the Queen makes the potion and transforms into a hag. I had learned the dialogue by heart and took a wine glass and poured soda to make it look like it was bubbling and kept reciting the words. :lol: That scene was so well-made and memorable (and a little frightening) for me and I loved it so much!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:30 am 
Platinum Edition

What a great story! Loved it! Well-written, too (by the way I think you meant "heart" and "reciting")!

When I was a kid, there was a kid's toy where you made scary/gross things in like a plastic laboratory. There was a fizzy potion you could make. With it, I acted out the potion-making and transformation as well, Sotiris, and I had the movie paused at that scene and then played it as I acted it out!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:01 pm 
Platinum Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
What a great story! Loved it! Well-written, too (by the way I think you meant "heart" and "reciting")!

Thanks! :) I corrected the spelling mistakes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:22 pm 
Limited Edition

I hope for the 80th anniversary certain people will stop spelling dwarfs as dwarves. I know both are correct, but dwarfs is the actual spelling used in the film and anything related to it.

Snow White was the first Disney animated film I can recall seeing in a theater. It was the 1967 30th anniversary rerelease and that year I also saw three other films that I have come to adore along with Snow White.......Gone With the Wind, The Sound of Music and The Jungle Book.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:03 am 
Platinum Edition

The film will be screened at The El Capitan Theater to commemorate its 80th anniversary.

Source: https://elcapitantheatre.com/event/2170 ... 2018-02-02

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:23 pm 
Limited Edition

I cannot wait to go to NYC and visit Sax Fifth Avenue to see the light show and take pictures of the windows! I’m trying to do it before this weekend. Hoping Thursday or Friday. I’ll also check out the Rockefeller Christmas Tree since I’m there lol. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:02 am 
Platinum Edition

Disney Australia re-released Snow White on Blu-ray with the 80th anniversary logo.

Source: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... ount=40708

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:59 am 
Collector's Edition

A YouTube user has purchased the 80th Anniversary Blu-ray and did un unboxing video. It seems it's the Signature Edition, with the new slipcover.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPpe4yEAj-M/

If you're a fan of Disney animation, like my Facebook fanpage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:57 am 
Platinum Edition

That was pretty much exactly how the cover for the movie I was gonna fanart was gonna look. Oh well.