Harmony (ABC TV Series)

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Harmony (ABC TV Series)

Post by Sotiris »

ABC is working on a musical drama with songs written by Stephen Schwartz and John Ondrasik.
ABC has given a pilot production commitment to Harmony, a drama from Pippin and Godspell composer Stephen Schwartz and Five for Fighting’s John Ondrasik, The Fosters‘ creators Peter Paige and Bradley Bredeweg, ABC Studios and studio-based Mandeville TV.

Written by Bredeweg, Paige and Jacob Chase from an original idea by Chase, Harmony is set in the town of Harmony, NY, where residents have the most unique dialect in the world: They sing their feelings and dance their emotions. When a brutal murder rocks this thriving tourist destination, a repressed detective must return to the musical town he left as a teen — to solve the crime and confront the ghosts that have haunted him since he fled.

Bredeweg and Paige executive produce with Jon Chu, who also is attached to direct, along with Jonathon Komack-Martin and Mandeville TV’s David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman and Laurie Zaks. Schwartz and Ondrasik will compose original music for the project and executive produce. Chase, a recent alum of the 2017 Sundance Episodic Lab, is co-executive producing.
Source: http://deadline.com/2017/11/harmony-dra ... 202200625/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Harmony (ABC TV Series)

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Sounds interesting I suppose. Although after Galavant flopped, I'm surprised they're trying another musical drama but I guess this isn't a comedy nor is it set in a past and distant land. I'm glad to see Stephen Schwartz attached so will definitely check it out.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Harmony (ABC TV Series)

Post by Disney's Divinity »

So drama means every episode will be an hour show? Wow. I really hope it pans out and becomes a hit. The idea of a musical with the storyline sounds interesting for how unexpected it'll be.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"