DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:30 pm 
Platinum Edition

ALL THE DISNEY PRINCESS MOVIES COMING TO AMC THEATRES AND THE EL CAPITAN THEATRE

https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2017/08/02 ... l-capitan/

Earlier in the month, the classic animated Beauty and the Beast was at AMC Theaters. The link above shows what is in theaters now and what has yet to show up.

Tonight I'm taking my gf to see Mulan at our local AMC Theaters. The other movies, Tangled and Brave I'd pass on, though tempted for Princess and the Frog.

Edit.

AMC link

https://www.amctheatres.com/dream_big_p ... ss_hphero3

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:59 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

OH, come on. What about the others? Little Mermaid, ring a bell? :|

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:31 pm 
Collector's Edition

Only Beauty and the Beast would have interested me and apparently that's already come and gone. Not interested in any of the newer movies. Interesting that they're including Moana, despite the lead character herself adamantly stating she is not a princess.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:42 pm 
Limited Edition

I didnt know about this...would have liked to have seen Mulan...and Pocahontas and Sleeping Beauty but they dont seem to have been included. :|

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:13 pm 
Platinum Edition

Mulan will be there oh, wait today is Thursday.

Honestly, I'm glad I went to see Mulan in theaters. Haven't seen it in a theater since it's release in 1998. Gee whiz I'm getting old.

There are some differences I noticed and picked up on.

Dang, Shan-Yu may have murdered more characters, even if just minor that I've ever seen a villain do.

I understood why Mulan was seeing the matchmaker, whom said Mulan doesn't have large thighs, something she needs if wantinig to have babies.

Then I realized Mulan took her father's place, not just to save him, but push back against the normative beliefs that women were only worth having around to cook, clean and have kids. Even when Mulan could have went home though twice, decided to keep going forward. I know the theme of the movie is one person can make a difference, but to never give up, even if others say you aren't worth it, you won't succeed at this. Go home and live life. This hit me when I saw I'll Make a Man out of You. Thankfully, she defied this cheap free advice and saved China in the process.

There were 3 trailers, one promoting the Disney princess franchise, a trailer for Olaf's Christmas crap short and a new trailer that I had yet to see for Coco.

S

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:40 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I took Little Dude to see A Goofy Movie at El Capitan last month (we got to meet Max!), and noticed the campaign for the upcoming "Dream Big" princess movies. I initially thought it was going to be an El Capitan exclusive and wasn't sure if any of them would be worth the drive and expense so soon, but was eventually informed that some of them were playing nationwide at the AMCs. Luckily, I found out just in time to catch Beauty and the Beast* at the local theater and we had a great afternoon.

I'll likely take him to see Tangled as well this coming Tuesday (bargain day!). I'm limiting these outings to movies he hasn't already watched to death at home, mainly because I'm not sure if he can sit still otherwise. :p I would have loved an opportunity to take him to see The Little Mermaid, but alas, it obviously hasn't been included for whatever reason; I'd have even driven back over to El Capitan for the chance to see that one in the theater again (saw it during its first theatrical release and also the '97 reissue).

Regardless, in this era of digital copies and streaming. I think it's pretty freakin' awesome they actually screened some of these in the theater again, and my jaw dropped when I found out that some of these were playing at the AMCs nation-wide. I hope they'll theme other sets of theatrical reissues like this in the future. :)

*Beauty and the Beast was the original theatrical cut, although I personally prefer the [blasphemous] special edition that includes "Human Again." The colors are more muted than the Blu-Ray, which should've made some happy. Oh, and most importantly, the Beast stutters for the tower line.
:milkbuds: