Legend of the Three Caballeros

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Legend of the Three Caballeros

Post by Sotiris »

A TV show based on The Three Caballeros titled "Legend of the Three Caballeros" is currently in production at Disney Interactive for Disney Digital Network.

Logo

Source: https://www.kevinramirez.com/work-1

Poster

Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyBrandTVPR/sta ... 6928001029

Banner

Source: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8611524/me ... 3827206913
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

Re: The Three Caballeros (TV Series)

Post by blackcauldron85 »

My jaw dropped. That sounds like an excellent idea for a show!
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

I'm in. Panchito and José are fun characters that nowadays have been unfairly snubbed from that Ducktales show. Perhaps here they'll shine (unless they further change their characters...).
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Ten or twenty years ago, I would have loved this as an idea for a show. Now? I worry.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

The creators behind the new DuckTales series are doing an amazing job. If Disney puts in just as much attention and love into these characters, it's going to be awesome. :)
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Oh my god, I'm honestly really excited! This was a movie we always watched over again as little kids. My mom still gushes about this movie today. I still remember Panchito and José and I can't wait to see them more.
Elladorine wrote:The creators behind the new DuckTales series are doing an amazing job. If Disney puts in just as much attention and love into these characters, it's going to be awesome. :)
And the 7D was surprisingly really fun and a great adaption as well
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

A link to this announcement would be nice to see. :)

I'm all about a Three Caballeros series. Love those characters. It would be neat if they brought in Mexican and Brazilian voice actors to voice Panchito and Jose Carioca. As much as Rob Paulsen is a great voice actor, I always found the voice he used for Jose on the House of Mouse to be rather off.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

estefan wrote:A link to this announcement would be nice to see.
There isn't an official announcement. I decided not to include the source of this information because Disney is monitoring this board and I don't want to get anyone in trouble. If you're really curious, I suppose I can PM it to you, provided you agree not to spread it around.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Elladorine wrote:The creators behind the new DuckTales series are doing an amazing job. If Disney puts in just as much attention and love into these characters, it's going to be awesome. :)
Agree to disagree. It had potential, but sadly was wasted. In my opinion, Disney TV Animation is a total mess, as is most of the TV animation industry. In 30 years, today's modern shows will not be as highly regarded as cartoons from 30 years ago today. The two biggest issues? So much animation today looks like it was designed by five-year-olds (like DuckTales, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Regular Show, etc.) and so much of the voice work and characterizations has turned so many characters into lunatics that maybe had one too many Red Bulls. I find it all very distasteful.

And there in lies my fear of ANYTHING new DTVA does from this point forward. It's not "Disney" anymore. When I watch something with the name "Disney" I expect more than what they seem to be giving us these days. Very sad.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

My biggest issue with TV animation of today is unappealing character design/visual style (usually flat, highly caricatured, overtly angular or overtly round) and limited, software-based animation.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Now if only this might propel a high-quality HD (blu-rayish) release of the original feature film and its smaller brother, Saludos Amigos.

Disney, if you are monitoring this board, do know that a blu-ray release of those two films (and Make Mine Music, Melody Time and The Black Cauldron) would be a guaranteed purchase for me (and many others too).

We seriously need a patron saint for Disney animated films on blu. :P
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Agreed. Clearly, the ones who are working on DuckTales today are the kids who grew up with it thirty years ago. So there's already a bias of love for the product, as well as a desire to be just as good - if not better - than the predecessor. Just like the animators who worked on that show in 1987 were likely the same kids who watched the old theatrical cartoons on television in the 1950s. That was their turn to re-invent Donald Duck's family, and truly a far cry from what the original cartoons were. No longer were Huey, Dewey, and Louie just mischievous mini Donalds looking to mess around with him. They're now going on adventures, searching for treasure, doing their own thing. And we get that again here, but with much more dynamics to each character than before. Every iteration of the triplets has made them more rounded as characters, which I'm loving. You went from the three of them wearing the exact same things and being fairly interchangeable (theatrical cartoons) to the three of them in distinctly different colors but for the most part still the same (original DuckTales) to the three of them having unique aspects that better differentiate them from each other (Quack Pack & new DuckTales). It's a cyclical thing, where a generation is lucky enough to re-invent their childhood for a new generation, and contribute something new to the overall mythos as well. I can't wait to see what will happen with Three Caballeros.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I'm interested, but I wonder if Donald being in this and DuckTales might contradict anything.

I guess we don't know if Donald will be in this show as well, but if it's still called Three Caballeros, I'd be surprised if he isn't.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

The show is called "Legends of the Three Caballeros" and weirdly, it's only in Asia right now. The animation is SPECTACULAR! :o
http://disneytvanimation.com/post/17514 ... ppeared-on
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

As long as José Carioca is in it...I'm watching
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The show consists of 13 episodes running 22 minutes each. Currently, it's only available on the DisneyLife app in the Philippines.

Source: https://disneylife.ph/ph/view/the-legen ... caballeros

Episode Titles

01. Dope-a Cabana
02. Labyrinth and Repeat
03. Pyramid-Life Crisis
04. World Tree Caballeros
05. No Man Is an Easter Island
06. Stonehenge Your Bets
07. Mount Rushmore or Less
08. Nazca Racing
09. Mexico a Go-Go
10. Mt. Fuji Whiz
11. Thanks a Camelot
12. Shangri-La-Di-Da
13. Sheldgoose Square Dance

Franchise Development Toolkit

Source: http://www.kevinramirez.com/3-cabs
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

It sucks that the app is only in Asia and it appears in English. What's also weird is that there are no videos about it online. No trailers or anything. It seems like it did appear out of nowhere.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I'm so glad the show makes use of the original designs and the animation looks better than the average TV show. Of course, we'd have to wait for a video to judge the animation quality but I remain optimistic and excited.

The DisneyLife app has long been available in the UK and Ireland and has been recently launched in some Southeast Asian countries such as the Philippines. It was briefly available in China before the government shut it down. There are currently talks to launch it in Australia too.

The show will most likely premiere in the U.S. in late 2019 on Disney's new OTT service.

Source: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-baldo-b55b081/
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Re: Legend of the Three Caballeros

The fact that Disney Interactive is the one that is animating the show explains a lot about the classic 2D look and feel.

Also, a story editor from DUCKTALES just revealed this was in the works BEFORE Ducktales was!
I’ve seen an episode of it, but know very little about it. It was made before we started on DuckTales by a group outside of Disney TVA, possibly meant to be more educational than entertainment-based? It feels sort of like an alternate universe rooted more in the old Donald shorts than anything Barks-related- there’s no sign of Scrooge, the nephews, Gyro, Duckburg, lots of humans everywhere, etc., with April, May, and June standing in for the kid protagonists. I think Tony mentioned they made a bunch of them, but I don’t know how or when or for what platform.

https://suspendersofdisbelief.tumblr.co ... hing-about
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Legend of the Three Caballeros

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:I'm so glad the show makes use of the original designs
Me too! I'm surprised they didn't stylize them and tried to give the show a modern look. And I think it's a great idea to give these characters their own show. Frank Angones mentioned he thinks it's more educational than entertainment-based. I wonder if, like the 1944 film, this is also part of a campaign to promote closer ties between the US and South America. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it and I hope it gets released in the rest of the world soon.