The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: The Walt Disney Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Ugh this indicates that Disney is going for the diamond edition colors.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Sotiris wrote:A new Beauty and the Beast read-along storybook is getting released on January 31, 2017. The "Read-Along Storybook and CD" books are indicators of upcoming home video re-releases. There's no other read-along storybook planned for a classic WDAS title in-between so I believe this means that the Signature Collection will be an annual series instead of a biannual like before.

Oh wow! This image looks stunning! I hope it's the cover of the Signature collection.

However... I believe that this book is coming out in anticipation of the live action version. They might still release a blu-ray in the fall, but I wouldn't be surprised if they released it a few weeks before the live action comes out. Works for me either way if they use this cover.
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

That book is using a clipart of Belle that I've seen in a few other places.
JeanGreyForever wrote:Ugh this indicates that Disney is going for the diamond edition colors.
It's only a storybook cover. The Beauty and the Beast: The Story of Belle book had Diamond Edition-like colors but it's a storybook, it won't look exactly like the film.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

taei wrote:Oh wow! This image looks stunning! I hope it's the cover of the Signature collection.
I agree. Why can't their film covers look that nice? It's not hard. :headshake:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Disney Duster wrote:That book is using a clipart of Belle that I've seen in a few other places.
JeanGreyForever wrote:Ugh this indicates that Disney is going for the diamond edition colors.
It's only a storybook cover. The Beauty and the Beast: The Story of Belle book had Diamond Edition-like colors but it's a storybook, it won't look exactly like the film.
Their new storybooks have been more movie accurate though, color-wise. Cinderella looks like the botched Diamond Edition. Snow White, Little Mermaid, and Sleeping Beauty actually look like the original films/current Diamond Editions. The previous Snow White CD-book (in the style of this Beauty and the Beast CD-book) also had the correct movie colors. So I think it's safe to say that the film will probably look something like this.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Sotiris wrote:A new Beauty and the Beast read-along storybook is getting released on January 31, 2017. The "Read-Along Storybook and CD" books are indicators of upcoming home video re-releases. There's no other read-along storybook planned for a classic WDAS title in-between so I believe this means that the Signature Collection will be an annual series instead of a biannual like before.

It looks beautiful. I don't think I will buy Beauty and the Beast again. Last month, I managed to find the Platinum Edition DVD at a very reasonable price online. Last year, I bought the 3D edition from Germany, which had a beautiful, deluxe, collectible packaging. I also have the Diamond Edition Blu-ray. The only title which I agreed to buy was Snow White, since it's my favorite DAC. Besides, I'm almost certain that most Blu-ray special features will be dropped, and new featurettes presented by Disney Channel stars will be added, and no doubt, a new, horrific rap video like the one on Snow White will also be included.

The only way I will buy it again is if it will have a new restoration, which I highly doubt.

I will wait for the 4K restorations for these movies. :)

And, I agree with everyone who said this cover is beautiful. If the home video cover will be similar, it would be extraordinary. It baffles me how storybook covers are more movie accurate than the movies' home video covers.
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2016

Post by ce1ticmoon »

According to a member at Blu-ray.com, DMC has announced that a 25th Anniversary Edition of Beauty and the Beast is releasing this fall.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=278982
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... ount=18102

It's not clear if this will also bear the "Signature Edition" branding, but I'm guessing it will. I wonder if this series is going to stick to the one film per year schedule? Otherwise, you would think they'd save BATB for the spring release.

I feel bad for all of the people who were waiting for Pinocchio. It was one of the first Disney Blu-rays released (as part of the Platinum line), and a lot of people missed it. Then no Diamond, with other titles getting their second releases much sooner....

EDIT: Oh, haha. I noticed this release was already discussed on the first page. Well, I guess this is a slightly more official announcement, anyway.
NeverLand
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeverLand »

Image updated on Vudu
ce1ticmoon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ce1ticmoon »

It actually looks decent and they are seemingly going for some consistency. (For the time being anyway....)

I see the Walt Disney signature on there, so I guess it is indeed confirmed to be a part of the Signature Collection.

Are they finally ditching the sideways title logo?
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I love that cover! I can't wait to see what the technical specifications will be.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Larger version of the cover art. What do you think?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I don't dislike it, but it's not exactly good.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thanks Neverland and Sotiris, but to be honest...it looks like a fan cover. I swear I've seen that picture of Belle in Disney Princess clipart before. The cover isn't bad, but I don't like it very much.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Sotiris wrote:Larger version of the cover art. What do you think?

I love it! :) It's beautiful. Let's see what the bonus features will be. I said I won't be buying it, but I think I will. :)
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

well, Disney Movie Club has Beauty and the Beast for pre-order and it's under The Walt Disney Signature Edition

https://disneymovieclub.go.com/static/C ... 366991.jpg

EDIT

I just noticed it's still has The Walt Disney Signature Collection Logo, but apparently also says it's the 25th anniversary edition. Interesting, very interesting.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

disneyboy20022 wrote:Image
I guess this means they won't be re-releasing the 3-D edition.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Duster wrote:I swear I've seen that picture of Belle in Disney Princess clipart before.
You sure have! :wink:

stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

disneyboy20022 wrote:well, Disney Movie Club has Beauty and the Beast for pre-order and it's under The Walt Disney Signature Edition

https://disneymovieclub.go.com/static/C ... 366991.jpg

EDIT

I just noticed it's still has The Walt Disney Signature Collection Logo, but apparently also says it's the 25th anniversary edition. Interesting, very interesting.
Thanks!! Is the release date mentioned anywhere on that DMC listing?
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

About Belle.... it's the same pose, but not the same artwork... is it just me or have they tried to make her look a bit like Emma Watson?
And isn't that typography the one from the live-action movie?

And I seriously don't think this is the final artwork... the beast looks very strange, and the bottom of Belle's dress is very misshapen.

And c'mon... it's never gonna be as beautiful as the original VHS cover!
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

I like the concept and the layout, but the execution is not that great -- Beast's face is somewhat strange looking and they shortened Belle's legs/cut her feet off. And I REALLY dislike this trend where line art is practically non-existent -- I'm guessing it's an effort to make the film seem less hand-drawn :roll:... And what's with all these modern fonts used for titles? I'd give it a 6/10.