DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wreck-It Ralph 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:19 am 
Platinum Edition

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Of course most PIXAR fans blame Disney for that, even though that doesn't make any sense. If anything, PIXAR has polluted WDAS; you can't even tell the studios apart anymore.

Exactly! It's so weird people can't see that.

rodrigo_ca wrote:
Apparently, WiFi Ralph is an international title (which is being used in Brazil)

That's a better name than the mess of a title we got.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:46 am 
Limited Edition

estefan wrote:
DisneyEra wrote:
Most people today associate with Pixar, not WDAS :( I remember back in the 90s that a Walt Disney Feature Animation film was an event! Each year, it was a big thing. And that was before the days of the modern internet. That clearly isn't the case now a days.

There was plenty of excitement surrounding Zootopia, Moana and Big Hero 6 and they were pretty big box-office successes, so I can't quite agree with that statement. I'm sure once the marketing for Wreck-It Ralph 2 revs up, we'll be seeing a lot of buzz and Internet chatter surrounding its release. And of course, Frozen 2 is going to be a huge event that Disney is going to hype up like crazy.

The hype for Zoo didn't start until that Sloth DMV trailer hit. And that was being played during Star Wars E8. But prior to that there wasn't a lot of excitement for that film. Didn't Iger say he believed that Zootopia could be a Sleeper Hit?

Moana's wasn't that good either. Maui's design was hit with backlash. Then there was the Maui costume incident at Disney Store, that had to be pulled & an apology. Also it was accused of Cultural Appropriation, NBC had a big article on this before it's release. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/critics-accuse-disney-culture-theft-ahead-moana-release-n685866

BH6, didn't hear much about it other than some leaks in early 2014. Even after the teaser trailer that May & it's Comic Con reveal that July, I don't recall alot of anticipation for it. I remember Honey Lemon's design being criticized for being another Rapunzel clone. And ofcourse the backlash it recieved when it beat Dragons 2 at the Oscars.

I'm not saying these features were not sucsessful, they cleary were, they just didn't have the same impact that the 90s features had.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:41 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Looks like the teaser is going to be the Oh My Disney scene

https://twitter.com/OhMyDisney/status/9 ... 0803036160

And adding on:

Wi-Fi Ralph is 10000% better than the weird title we got.

And don't forget about Frozen. The worst teaser trailer of all time that told us nothing about the movie at all. The marketing for the first Wreck-It Ralph had the video games characters and clearly, they'll do the same thing with the Disney Princesses here. Poor PaTF had the best marketing, but it bombed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:54 pm 
Platinum Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:

You got all that from just Oh My Disney promoting the release of the trailer tomorrow? All of Disney's social media accounts are doing that. There's no way they'll use that scene as a trailer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:09 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote:

You got all that from just Oh My Disney promoting the release of the trailer tomorrow? All of Disney's social media accounts are doing that. There's no way they'll use that scene as a trailer.

I mean, with the Oh my Disney scene in the movie, it would make so much sense. And if Disney had real video game characters all over their marketing, they would have definitely have the Disney Princesses, their most iconic brand, everywhere as well. Yes, it's too soon for that scene. But, who knows? I'm just floored they're doing advertising stuff already.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:30 pm 
Platinum Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:
And don't forget about Frozen. The worst teaser trailer of all time that told us nothing about the movie at all. The marketing for the first Wreck-It Ralph had the video games characters and clearly, they'll do the same thing with the Disney Princesses here. Poor PaTF had the best marketing, but it bombed

I didn't think TP&TF's marketing was good at all.

DisneyEra wrote:

This just shows that Pixar is just way ahead when it comes to planning for animated features.

You're talking dollar signs and I'm talking impact. Frozen and Zootopia both did huge business and I'm sure their sequels will bring in huge hauls, too. But I don't think Pixar's more recent films have been as massive in cultural response as Toy Story 3, WALL E, etc., or since they moved past those first features they'd had planned back years ago before Toy Story. All the sequels, in fact, have probably played a role in smearing their (undeserved) "story is king" reputation.

On the bright side, after Incredibles 2, it looks like the sequel ball will be in WDAS's corner the next few years with sequels to Frozen, WIR, Zootopia, and likely BH6, too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:20 pm 
Limited Edition

Disney's Divinity wrote:
DisneyEra wrote:

This just shows that Pixar is just way ahead when it comes to planning for animated features.

You're talking dollar signs and I'm talking impact. Frozen and Zootopia both did huge business and I'm sure their sequels will bring in huge hauls, too. But I don't think Pixar's more recent films have been as massive in cultural response as Toy Story 3, WALL E, etc., or since they moved past those first features they'd had planned back years ago before Toy Story. All the sequels, in fact, have probably played a role in smearing their (undeserved) "story is king" reputation.

On the bright side, after Incredibles 2, it looks like the sequel ball will be in WDAS's corner the next few years with sequels to Frozen, WIR, Zootopia, and likely BH6, too.

$$$ signs are priority #1 at The Walt Disney Company. I don't see BH6 getting a sequel soon, since it has at least 2 seasons of it's TV series to work with. After Zoo2 I clearly can see a sequel to Moana. Moana is the only feature post Tangled to no have any announcements regarding it's future. I don't see a Moana TV series, a direct sequel is more likely, maybe announced at D23 2019.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:42 pm 
Limited Edition

DisneyEra wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:
DisneyEra wrote:

$$$ signs are priority #1 at The Walt Disney Company. I don't see BH6 getting a sequel soon, since it has at least 2 seasons of it's TV series to work with. After Zoo2 I clearly can see a sequel to Moana. Moana is the only feature post Tangled to no have any announcements regarding it's future. I don't see a Moana TV series, a direct sequel is more likely, maybe announced at D23 2019.

Moana did as well as Big Hero 6 did at the box office and its merchandise was not a bigger seller either, especially compared to Frozen and Tangled. I don't think a sequel is impossible, but I don't think it's guaranteed either the way Zootopia 2 is.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:45 pm 
Limited Edition

International teaser poster:

Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyStudiosLA/sta ... 2382075906 (via: http://disneytvanimation.com/post/17136 ... breaks-the )

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:54 pm 
Platinum Edition

DisneyEra wrote:
$$$ signs are priority #1 at The Walt Disney Company.
Then please refer this post to them because it wasn't what I was talking about in the post you quoted of mine.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:37 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

First trailer is out:

I laughed so much at that pancake gag. Can't wait!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:09 am 
Limited Edition

estefan wrote:
First trailer is out:

Baby Moana wasn't laughing :D

Attachments:
#!001_Micr-News-a145889765.jpg
#!001_Micr-News-a145889765.jpg [ 33.67 KiB | Viewed 640 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:13 am 
Platinum Edition

DisneyEra wrote:
I don't see BH6 getting a sequel soon, since it has at least 2 seasons of it's TV series to work with. After Zoo2 I clearly can see a sequel to Moana. Moana is the only feature post Tangled to no have any announcements regarding it's future. I don't see a Moana TV series, a direct sequel is more likely, maybe announced at D23 2019.

I'm convinced that WDAS films that don't gross over $1 billion aren't going to get theatrical sequels. If they are moderately successful, they get a TV show as a consolation prize. That's why Frozen and Zootopia are getting sequels whereas the rest of them (Tangled, Big Hero 6) are getting TV series. Therefore, it's much more plausible for Moana to get a TV series than a sequel. The only reason Wreck-It Ralph got a sequel was because it was a "reward" to Rich Moore for Zootopia's success and of course, to be used as a vehicle by Disney to promote their other businesses and IPs and get payed though product placement agreements by other companies.

estefan wrote:
First trailer is out.

I'm slightly disappointed by the teaser even though I didn't expect much to begin with. It failed to impress me or get me excited about the movie. It was serviceable, I guess. Just very plain and unremarkable. And of course, full of product placement.

For anyone who attended the D23 Expo, is this the same trailer that was shown there? If not, what are the differences?

estefan wrote:
I laughed so much at that pancake gag.

I didn't. I thought it was off-putting and distasteful.

DisneyEra wrote:
Baby Moana wasn't laughing.

I noticed the similarity too. They must have used the same model/rig so as to not waste resources on a background character. I bet the filmmakers are going to claim it was an intentional Easter egg, even though it obviously wasn't.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:11 pm 
Limited Edition

Sotiris wrote:
I'm convinced that WDAS films that don't gross over $1 billion aren't going to get theatrical sequels. If they are moderately successful, they get a TV show as a consolation prize. That's why Frozen and Zootopia are getting sequels whereas the rest of them (Tangled, Big Hero 6) are getting TV series. Therefore, it's much more plausible for Moana to get a TV series than a sequel. The only reason Wreck-It Ralph got a sequel was because it was a "reward" to Rich Moore for Zootopia's success and of course, to be used as a vehicle by Disney to promote their other businesses and IPs and get payed though product placement agreements by other companies.

The only way a Moana TV series would work is if Disney can get The Rock back to voice Maui for at least 2 seasons. That doesn't seem likely, with him being busy with other projects.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:23 pm 
Platinum Edition

DisneyEra wrote:
The only way a Moana TV series would work is if Disney can get The Rock back to voice Maui for at least 2 seasons. That doesn't seem likely, with him being busy with other projects.

I'm not saying they'll definitely do a Moana series. I'm just saying a sequel is more unlikely to happen than a TV series. They may very well do neither.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:55 pm 
Limited Edition

With the trailer's ending getting so much praise on Twitter/YouTube, it's clear Disney knows they're modern audience. So I can only imagine the reaction for the Princess scene later this year :shrug:

Attachments:
#!001_Googl155671484.jpg
#!001_Googl155671484.jpg [ 89.54 KiB | Viewed 535 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:44 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

estefan wrote:

Same here! :lol: Based on Baby Moana's horrified expression I can tell that girl has suffered mental scarring.

Can't wait to see what Rich Moore and his team have to offer. I have faith in this one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:28 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Sotiris wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:
Of course most PIXAR fans blame Disney for that, even though that doesn't make any sense. If anything, PIXAR has polluted WDAS; you can't even tell the studios apart anymore.

Exactly! It's so weird people can't see that.

That's because Pixar fanboys are too biased to see that! :P My snarky intention aside, it's actually the truth (trust me, I know all about it, since I've discussed with biased Pixar fanboys who literally teared me down for not praising Pixar's strenghts enough). And also because of Pixar's staple. Pixar has developed such a stamp of perfection that their reputation has surpassed Disney. And since the majority usually associate Disney with their family friendly brand and Pixar as more inventive, that's why Disney has been labeled as being the inferior company. And it's a pity. And yes, I may sound biased, but despite that Pixar can make a masterpiece now and then, it's a pity that they're always neglected at the expense of Disney and that Disney were blamed to destroy them.

rodrigo_ca wrote:
Apparently, WiFi Ralph is an international title (which is being used in Brazil)
That's a better name than the mess of a title we got.

I actually agree With that.

As for the trailer, it was decent enough, but I disliked the pancake joke at the end. And it's almost surprising that the Princess-mockery wasn't even a part of the trailer, due to how that scene has been the most debated aspect of the movie.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:11 pm 
Platinum Edition

DisneyFan09 wrote:
As for the trailer, it was decent enough, but I disliked the pancake joke at the end.

Well, you can blame/praise Steve for that pancake gag. :P

Quote:
This is the movie I've been storyboarding on for about 2 years! I can't wait for people to see it in November! Pancake/Milkshake is Steve Markowski's scene, BUT I got to add the bunny mournfully shoving the last pancake into it's mouth. It's one of my proudest moments.
Source: https://twitter.com/Tallychyck/status/9 ... 9533720579

Sotiris wrote:
They must have used the same model/rig so as to not waste resources on a background character. I bet the filmmakers are going to claim it was an intentional Easter egg, even though it obviously wasn't.

Called it. :roll:

Quote:
Q: Moana Easter egg in the Ralph Breaks the Internet trailer? Or am I reaching?

Rich Moore: Not a reach at all! Didn’t you know...? All our films are CONNECTED!
(However, it couldn’t be Moana herself, more likely one of her descendants.)

Q: OR...it's more likely that you guys recycled the CGI model from Moana to help save time and effort into designing/building and rigging a completely new character that's basically an extra. Why spend more money making something new when you already have it from a previous film?

Rich Moore: True, we are a small mom n’ pop place. Gotta watch them purse strings!
Source: https://twitter.com/_rich_moore/status/ ... 4652544000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:42 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

To answer a question, Sotiris: The footage I saw at the Expo was the beginning to 1:00. The obvious baby Moana cameo was a complete surprise to me.

The teaser was much more better than I thought it was going to be and I really liked it. I really love that they're putting actual sites in, like eBay. The pancake scene is by far the best scene. John's delivery of "The bunny gets the pancakes" is absolutely adorable. And I don't know which makes me laugh more at the end: The bunny exploding or poor Moana's reaction rotfl rotfl rotfl

I am worried about how cool they're trying to be (Ralph's line of 'It's staring at my soul' for example), but it's so far, so good. But, how will this hold up to the original, which feels timeless? That's my main concern.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 28  Next