Tangled: The Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Tangled: The Series

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Sotiris wrote:
D82 wrote:Do you think they're going to release a CD with all the songs in the show?
Yep! Glenn Slater said there'll eventually be a complete soundtrack of the show. It's not clear though if there'll be a physical CD release or just a digital album.
Oh, yay! I'm holding out hope for a physical release after Galavant got one in the end, but if not I'll eventually get it digitally. I was actually listening to Natasha Bedingfield's "More of Me" (that is the song connected to Tangled: The Series, right?) the other day and really loved it--it has a similar vibe to "Something That I Want," which I also liked as an end credits song.

I've missed the past couple eps and need to play catch up before Queen for a Day airs.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Clip and TV spot from Queen For A Day:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG0wWmjE0Ak[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TCwrG3jVsY
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

A behind-the-scenes look on the recording of the song.

Exclusive: Jeremy Jordan Sings Alan Menken Song for Tangled: The Series
http://www.playbill.com/article/exclusi ... the-series

Exclusive: Preview a New Song by Alan Menken and Glenn Slater from Tangled: The Series
https://d23.com/exclusive-preview-a-new ... 9a166ddd44
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Blizzard blame Elsa. It wouldn't be war it would be pest control.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The rest of the songs so far will be released digitally on November 20th. Unfortunately, the reprise isn't included this time either.

‘Tangled: The Series’ Soundtrack EP to Be Released
http://filmmusicreporter.com/2017/11/19 ... -released/
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^ That's great! I hope the reprises are included in the complete soundtrack of the show they were planning to do, if it eventually gets released.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The EP soundtrack of Tangled: The Series is now available on Spotify, Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, Napster, and Tidal.

Disney's Divinity

I just finished watching “Queen For a Day.” I'm glad Varian is a recurring character. For some reason I thought he would be the key to ending the winter, because the story about the sorcerer mentioned someone who used magic and science together to stop him (alchemist?). I wonder if Varian speaking voice actor does the singing for him, too? The song itself was kind of blah; reminded me of Wicked. For an hour episode, it wasn’t quite as good as I was expecting. But the preview for the next 4 eps looks strong.

I’m still going to catch up on the 3 eps I’ve missed (I did see a little of the episode with the Queen’s sister). I need to do the same with DuckTales and thankfully there’s a marathon on Thursday, so I can catch up on that show.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

didnt see that coming, Varian going dark antagonist? :up:
I hope they stick with it for a while before the inevitable turn back to the good side.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I wonder if Varian speaking voice actor does the singing for him, too? The song itself was kind of blah; reminded me of Wicked.
He does. Varian is voiced by Jeremy Jordan, a Broadway actor who starred in the stage show of Newsies. I, on the contrary, loved the song. I guess it could be considered a villain song now. Well, at least the reprise.

Overall, I liked the special episode. There were a few surprises (the reveal about Varian's father and Varian turning evil were interesting turns), but the blizzard was too reminiscent of Frozen and there were too many dramatic moments. It seemed they wanted to kill everybody, though eventually no one actually dies.

Disney's Divinity wrote:For an hour episode, it wasn’t quite as good as I was expecting. But the preview for the next 4 eps looks strong.
You're referring to this preview, right? Yes, things are getting interesting.

Here's also the preview for the next episode: http://alexasscribbles.tumblr.com/post/ ... lock-promo

And here's its synopsis and the titles for the next three episodes after it:
Next Episode - Season 1 - Episode 18 : Painter's Block (Nov 25, 2017)
In the aftermath of the blizzard, Rapunzel's confidence is shaken. In an effort to get her mojo back, she rededicates herself to painting, and enrolls in an art class.

Season 1 - Episode 19 : Not in the Mood (Dec 2, 2017)

Season 1 - Episode 20 : The Quest for Varian (Dec 9, 2017)

Season 1 - Episode 21 : The Alchemist Returns (Dec 16, 2017)
Sources: http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/tangled ... aid=zap2it, https://www.moviefone.com/tv/tangled-th ... /season-1/
Disney's Divinity

D82 wrote: He does. Varian is voiced by Jeremy Jordan, a Broadway actor who starred in the stage show of Newsies. I, on the contrary, loved the song. I guess it could be considered a villain song now. Well, at least the reprise.
Oh, cool!

I wonder if we won't see Varian again until episode 20. I liked that they had so much conflict for Rapunzel; the part of the episode where she had to choose not to help Varian was the best part.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:The blizzard was too reminiscent of Frozen and there were too many dramatic moments. It seemed they wanted to kill everybody, though eventually no one actually dies.
Agreed. There were too many fake-outs. When you overdo it like that your show no longer has any stakes. You know no one's ever going to be in real danger since the writers are too cowardly to kill off any of the characters. The most emotional scene was with Pascal's sacrifice but that was completely undone by how quickly it was revealed he was alive and well. They could have at least waited a few episodes to reveal he was alive to have the emotional impact of the scene settle in and even see Rapunzel mourn and cope with loss.

I enjoyed the development with Varian which I hope the show follows through with and not just backtrack after a couple of episodes. I know they'll eventually turn him good again, but I hope they'll drag it out a bit to make it more believable. I liked that Varian has a legitimate axe to grind with Rapunzel and it wasn't just a misunderstanding. Rapunzel abandoned him in his hour of need and let his father die. Even after the storm passed and her parents came back home safely, she didn't go to see what happened with Varian and his dad and at least try to help afterwards.

I wonder what his father's secret past is and what he wrote in that note. I suspect it says that he's proud of him or something along those lines.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
D82 wrote: He does. Varian is voiced by Jeremy Jordan, a Broadway actor who starred in the stage show of Newsies. I, on the contrary, loved the song. I guess it could be considered a villain song now. Well, at least the reprise.
Oh, cool!

I wonder if we won't see Varian again until episode 20. I liked that they had so much conflict for Rapunzel; the part of the episode where she had to choose not to help Varian was the best part.
that was great! It was refreshing for them to show that being a ruling royal isn't all just pretty dresses and cute animal friends and parties, you sometimes have to make hard decisions and yes, it may end up making you some enemies.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The songs from the hour-long episode:

I've Got This
Let Me Make You Proud
Let Me Make You Proud Reprise

Let Me Make You Proud (Behind-the-Scenes)
Let Me Make You Proud (Recording Session)
Let Me Make You Proud Reprise (Recording Session)
Let Me Make You Proud Reprise (Animatic)

I've Got This (European French)
I've Got This (European Spanish)
I've Got This (European Portuguese)
I've Got This (German)
I've Got This (Romanian)
Let Me Make You Proud (European Spanish)
Let Me Make You Proud (European Portuguese)
Let Me Make You Proud (Romanian)
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^ Thanks, Sotiris!
Sotiris wrote:The EP soundtrack of Tangled: The Series is now available on Spotify, Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, Groove Music, and Napster.
The Friendship Song in the album is an extended version. What a nice surprise!
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

are they moving the show to 9:30 ams on Saturdays? I cant catch it at that time, Ill have to watch it on On Demand but Im terrible at getting around to watching shows when I have to use On Demand. Im still behind on Lion Guard and Elena eps...
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New interviews with the showrunner.

Behind the magic of Tangled: The Series
http://www.channel24.co.za/TV/News/behi ... s-20171109

Rapunzel is about to learn an adult lesson the hard way on "Tangled: The Series"
https://hellogiggles.com/reviews-covera ... ed-series/

"Tangled: The Series" is the best show you're not watching — but really should be
https://hellogiggles.com/reviews-covera ... nnel-best/

Here's what those big decisions and that twist means for Rapunzel on "Tangled: The Series"
https://hellogiggles.com/reviews-covera ... el-varian/
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

seems like I've got this (the song) will return in the next episode...

What a great episode the last one was! It was a nice story and very exciting, with the creepy old lady ghost.
'All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.' - Walt Disney