Tangled: The Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Tangled: The Series

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:Maybe it's ageism, maybe it's because he's not in vogue anymore as a songwriter or maybe the projects he's been attached to just didn't become very popular.
Yes, those reasons sound more realistic than they having something against Menken. I think it’s probably because of the latter. As we’ve heard it happens with the Oscars, voters don’t take animation categories seriously. Maybe they don’t even listen to all the submitted songs and they just choose one from the most popular shows or the series they know. It’s especially annoying in this case when the songs are so good compared to the nominated ones. At the Oscars this year the songs were all at least more or less worthy of being nominated.

Here are more "Inside the Journal" videos:

- Art Lesson | Inside the Journal | Tangled: The Series | Disney Channel
- Art Lesson Part 2 | Inside the Journal | Tangled: The Series | Disney Channel
- Max | Inside the Journal | Tangled: The Series | Disney Channel
- Holidays | Inside the Journal | Tangled: The Series | Disney Channel
- Venture Out | Inside the Journal | Tangled: The Series | Disney Channel
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

It turns out it was Disney's fault this time for the lack of song nominations due to the erratic schedule Disney Channel is infamous for.

I contacted Glenn Slater on Twitter via DM and he told me that because Disney changed the scheduling of the show during its run — it started with a primetime slot before it was shifted to a daytime one later in the season — only 4 episodes were eligible for this year's Daytime Emmys, none of which had songs in them. The good news is the season 1 finale will be eligible for next year's Daytime Emmys which means either "Set Yourself Free" or "Ready As I'll Ever Be" will have a chance of getting nominated, depending which one they choose to submit. The bad news is the show will no longer be eligible for Primetime Emmys like the pilot was.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:It turns out it was Disney's fault this time for the lack of song nomination due to the erratic schedule Disney Channel is infamous for.

I contacted Glenn Slater on Twitter via DM and he told me that because Disney changed the scheduling of the show during its run — it started with a primetime slot before it was shifted to a daytime one later in the season — only 4 episodes were eligible for this year's Daytime Emmys, none of which had songs in them. The good news is the season 1 finale will be eligible for next year's Daytime Emmys which means either "Set Yourself Free" or "Ready As I'll Ever Be" will have a chance of getting nominated, depending which one they choose to submit. The bad news is the show will no longer be eligible for Primetime Emmys like the pilot was.
OK, thanks for letting us know, Sotiris. I'm glad the songs weren't snubbed again and that there's still a chance for next year's awards. From these two songs, I think they should submit "Set Yourself Free".
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:From these two songs, I think they should submit "Set Yourself Free".
I agree. It's the better song. Most people online seem to prefer "Ready As I'll Ever Be" though. We'll see. They should submit both of them, just in case, but considering they only submitted one song from the pilot, I really doubt they'll do that.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Getting hyped for the season 2 songs.
Chris Sonnenburg wrote:Creating music for Tangled: The Series is one of the best things a human can do on this planet. I love it!
Source: https://twitter.com/BigPants/status/981953933844217856
Chris Sonnenburg wrote:Another amazing day recording music for Tangled: The Series.
Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhMrrwhhFVT ... sonnenburg
Glenn Slater: The next batch of Tangled: The Series songs is going to be epic - we are unleashing some BIG voices this time around. Season 2 can't get here soon enough!

Chris Sonnenburg: People are not ready...
Source: https://twitter.com/SlaterLyrics/status ... 8787744768
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^That sounds really promising! :D I can't wait to hear the new songs.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Let's hope Sonnenburg's enthusiasm is infectious and the show's music gets more attention next year.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

The only decent Cassandra I could find in the Disney Store. The others were all dressed wrong.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11479757@ ... ed-public/
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

let me try this again.

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Tom Caulfield wrote:Here's an exploration of the Queen and Rapunzel before their place in the show were cemented. The design has changed so much since then...it's crazy!
Source: https://twitter.com/TomCaulfield01/stat ... 5860878336

Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I know the designs for this show aren't liked by everyone here, but I'm really glad the show didn't look like that.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The show has been renamed to Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure. The sudden title change is really odd and unnecessary. The show has officially been renewed for a third season with season 2 debuting on June 24.
Disney Channel has ordered a third season of the Emmy Award-nominated animated adventure comedy "Tangled: The Series," which will premiere its second season with the new title "Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure," Sunday, June 24 (8:00 a.m., EDT/PDT), on Disney Channel, the DisneyNOW app and Disney Channel VOD. The series' talented voice cast; including Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi as the beloved Rapunzel and Eugene, as well as Eden Espinosa, James Monroe-Iglehart and Jeremy Jordan as fan-favorites Cassandra, Lance and Varian; are set to return. The series features music by Academy Award-winning Disney Legend Alan Menken and lyricist Glenn Slater.

In its debut season, Disney Channel's "Tangled: The Series" was the #1 animated series on cable among Girls 9-14 and reached 40 million Total Viewers, including 8.3 million Kids 6-11 and 7.2 million Tweens 9-14. Season 2 finds Rapunzel venturing outside of the kingdom in search of where the mystical black rocks lead, after discovering she is somehow connected to them. Accompanying Rapunzel on her journey is her partner in life, Eugene; her best friend and confidante, Cassandra; her loyal chameleon sidekick, Pascal; no-nonsense and dutiful horse, Maximus; Eugene's best friend, Lance and the Snuggly Duckling Pub Thugs. Together, they'll discover new people and places and embark on an incredible new adventure far beyond Corona's walls.

The guest voice cast for season two includes Emmy Award winner and Academy Award nominee Carol Kane ("Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt") as the mystical traveler Madame Canardist; Lil Rel Howery ("Get Out") as a fast-talking host named Goodberry; Yvonne Strahovski ("Chuck") as Eugene's old love interest Stalyan; Bruce Campbell ("Cars 2") as the bizarrely charming King Edmund; Britt Robertson (ABC's "For the People") as the whip-smart no nonsense teenager Vex; Timothy Dalton ("License to Kill") as inventor and adventurer Demanitus; Katy Mixon (ABC's "American Housewife") as the stunningly beautiful Seraphina; and Kathy Najimy ("Hocus Pocus") as a sprightly and strange resident of the magical forest.
Source: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2018 ... 1disney01/

Logo for season 2.

Source: https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... he-series/

Poster for season 2.

Source: https://twitter.com/tangledseries/statu ... 3643133952

Still from season 2 premiere.

Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyChannelPR/sta ... 0168060929
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I guess with the change in direction and location they felt they wanted to give it a new title. But yeah its pretty pointless.
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

I guess they'll have new outfits too.

I'm so excited for the series to continue, as well for the season 3 renewal! rotfl
'All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.' - Walt Disney
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

unprincess wrote:I guess with the change in direction and location they felt they wanted to give it a new title.
I don't believe it was a creative decision. I asked the creator, Chris Sonnenburg, on Twitter if the title change was for marketing reasons and while he didn't respond, he liked my tweet which might suggest it wasn't their choice to change the name.

In other news, the season premiere will feature two songs and a reprise (as expected).
Q: Will there be two songs and a reprise in the season premiere like usual?

Glenn Slater: Aww, you've figured out our secret formula! Yup.
Source: https://twitter.com/SlaterLyrics/status ... 9037552646
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I've probably said this before but I would really have preferred they used outlines. The designs themselves look great, it just needs something to hold things together more.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I like the poster, but not the title change. Is it common for TV shows to change it for a new season? I haven't heard of that before.

Sotiris wrote:
The guest voice cast for season two includes Emmy Award winner and Academy Award nominee Carol Kane ("Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt") as the mystical traveler Madame Canardist; Lil Rel Howery ("Get Out") as a fast-talking host named Goodberry; Yvonne Strahovski ("Chuck") as Eugene's old love interest Stalyan; Bruce Campbell ("Cars 2") as the bizarrely charming King Edmund; Britt Robertson (ABC's "For the People") as the whip-smart no nonsense teenager Vex; Timothy Dalton ("License to Kill") as inventor and adventurer Demanitus; Katy Mixon (ABC's "American Housewife") as the stunningly beautiful Seraphina; and Kathy Najimy ("Hocus Pocus") as a sprightly and strange resident of the magical forest.
Source: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2018 ... 1disney01/
The new characters sound interesting, especially Eugene's old love interest. The episode where Rapunzel meets her will be interesting to watch.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Is it common for TV shows to change it for a new season? I haven't heard of that before.
No, it's not common. The only animated Disney show I know which changed title (not just subtitle) during its run was Miles from Tomorrowland which was renamed to Mission Force One in its third season. I assume that change was made to distance the show from the movie Tomorrowland that had underperformed.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

D82 wrote:I like the poster, but not the title change. Is it common for TV shows to change it for a new season? I haven't heard of that before.

The new characters sound interesting, especially Eugene's old love interest. The episode where Rapunzel meets her will be interesting to watch.
Only show that I can think of right now is Power Rangers. Every season after the third had a new name.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

D82 wrote:Is it common for TV shows to change it for a new season? I haven't heard of that before.
On Disney Channel they have done that before...

Gargoyles became ''Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles''

Hannah Montana's fourth season is called ''Hannah Montana Forever''

JONAS's second season is called ''JONAS L.A.''