Tangled: The Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Re: Tangled: The Series

Post by Atlantica »

I quite like the title change ! Tangled : The Series is hardly inspiring ... just think it kinda should have been Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure to begin with !

And at least her name is finally in the title now as well.

Aladdin and The Little Mermaid were just named the same as well, weren't they ? The Little Mermaid: The Series etc ?

Though it was only the TV movie, it was also billed as Tangled: Before Ever After as well ... so it has had a few !
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I quite like the title change ! Tangled : The Series is hardly inspiring ... just think it kinda should have been Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure to begin with !

And at least her name is finally in the title now as well.

Aladdin and The Little Mermaid were just named the same as well, weren't they ? The Little Mermaid: The Series etc ?

Though it was only the TV movie, it was also billed as Tangled: Before Ever After as well ... so it has had a few !
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

D82 wrote:Is it common for TV shows to change it for a new season? I haven't heard of that before.
It's not common, but it's not unheard of either. Batman: The Animated Series became The Adventures of Batman & Robin in the middle of season 2. The follow-up show (arguably season 3 of the original show) was called The New Batman Adventures. Similar thing happened with Justice League (seasons 1 and 2) which was followed by Justice League Unlimited for two additional seasons. 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter was officially shortened to 8 Simple Rules. Lastly, DreamWorks' Dragons was subtitled Riders of Berk for season 1, Defenders of Berk for season 2, and Race to the Edge from season 3 onwards. I'm sure there are other examples, other UDers have mentioned some.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Precisely, not unheard of at all ! All for the new title :)
Just so happy Rapunzel finally has her name in the title !
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Thank you all for your answers to my question! I see that this practice of changing the title for a new season is not as uncommon as I thought.
Atlantica wrote:Just so happy Rapunzel finally has her name in the title !
Well, that's indeed something positive about the new title.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Promo for the season 2 premiere.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^Thanks, Sotiris! Here's another promo that includes a snippet of a new song!:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmbpc26uzXo[/youtube]
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Titles of the first episodes of season 2:
"Beyond the Corona Walls" 24/06/2018

"The Return of Quaid" 1/7/2018

"Goodbye and Goodwill" 4/7/2018

"Forest of No Return" 15/7/2018

"Freebird" 22/7/2018

"Vigor the Visionary" 28/7/2018
Sources: https://twitter.com/DisneyTVA/status/10 ... 6842159104, https://twitter.com/DisneyTVA/status/10 ... 0287721472
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Here's another promo that includes a snippet of a new song!
Thanks! It sounds like another winner. Here's a new promo where Eugene is planning to propose to Rapunzel again.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Very belated here, but I finally saw the S1 finale via YouTube. I’m surprised they took Varian as far as they did. I just assumed he would manage to revive his father, then they’d redeem him by the end somehow. I don’t think he’s gone for good, but the fact that he tried to kill Rapunzel at the end there pretty much puts a redemption out of the cards… Very hard to walk that back. A shame, too, because I loved the character. (Btw, I would have been fine with The King dying after abandoning the villagers like Varian and his father, then locking Rapunzel in another tower after repeatedly lying to her and abusing his power… Just sayin’.)

I loved both the songs in that episode. I’m going to wait until the series ends before I buy the music for this digitally. Digital is my last resort since I prefer CDs; I’m hoping there’ll be an album like the one in Japan Sotiris posted about (the album cover was cute, too).

I didn’t really have a reaction to the cliffhanger. As far as the rocks, I thought when her hair touched the rocks, the two together almost looked like a spindle and a thread? In a way I’m glad they haven’t really tied up everything with the rocks, Varian, Varian’s father, etc. I’m fine with these stories continuing to unravel in the next season. This is probably my favorite film-based animated series after the Aladdin one. I wonder why they never made a series for Mulan?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:Here's a new promo where Eugene is planning to propose to Rapunzel again.
Here's the promo in better quality. Poor Eugene, I hope he's not rejected again.
Disney's Divinity wrote:I’m surprised they took Varian as far as they did. I just assumed he would manage to revive his father, then they’d redeem him by the end somehow. I don’t think he’s gone for good, but the fact that he tried to kill Rapunzel at the end there pretty much puts a redemption out of the cards… Very hard to walk that back.
Yeah, I think that too. Maybe he'll be redeemed at the last minute but has to die to "pay for his crimes", as they sometimes do in cases like this.
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Sotiris wrote:
D82 wrote:Here's another promo that includes a snippet of a new song!
Thanks! It sounds like another winner. Here's a new promo where Eugene is planning to propose to Rapunzel again.

I both want and don't want this to be a main thread for Eugene throughout the second season... Like he spends the whole second season trying to ask her but always failing...
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Featurette about the new character named Stalyan (Eugene's ex-fiancee) voiced by Yvonne Strahovski:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuoK49CRCCY[/youtube]

And a short promo from Disney Channel Japan: http://tangledbea.tumblr.com/post/17497 ... ure-disney
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Chuck's Zachary Levi and Yvonne Strahovski Reunite for Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure
https://www.eonline.com/news/945207/chu ... -adventure

‘Rapunzel’s Tangled Adventure’ Season 2 Premiere Clip Presents a Perilous Road
http://collider.com/tangled-series-seas ... date-clip/

Get a First Look at Britt Robertson's Character Vex in 'Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure'!
http://www.justjaredjr.com/2018/06/21/g ... ure-video/

Video: Chuck's Yvonne Strahovski and Zachary Levi Enjoy an Awkward Reunion in Disney's Tangled Adventure
https://tvline.com/2018/06/23/chuck-reu ... adventure/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's launching a Tangled: The Series magazine.

Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Very cool ! ..... but with the old title though ? :?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Listen to the new songs! They're so good!

Next Stop: Anywhere!
Next Stop: Anywhere! (Reprise)
If I Could Take That Moment Back
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I know I’ve said this before (probably several times), but this show is SO pretty and, like the Aladdin show presented a more likable and active Jasmine, it’s made me actually really like Eugene. It doesn’t hurt that the style of the show makes him look better visually than he ever did in the film. These episodes finally addressed my biggest problem with Flynn in the movie—that he’s a womanizer who wouldn’t believably stay with Rapunzel forever. I’m glad they brought up the fact he has a past.

I liked the Stallion and hope she recurs. Does anyone know who her voice actor was? She sounded familiar. I love the other new character, Adira, too. This was easily the best of the “movies” so far. The season’s off to a great start. Pascal and sick Lance were hilarious.

The music was fantastic, the opening number especially; I’m glad we got two more duets (well, I guess Cassandra singing along in the first part makes it more like “Togetherness” from Galavant). I’m not sure I’ll wait for a physical album that may never happen after all. The music is too good not to have on repeat right now.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to say (not show-related), but I was happy Disney ran Maddie Poppe's performance at the Radio Disney Awards during the movie's commercials. That's the first I'd seen the performance. She looked good in that black dress.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"