DuckTales (Remake)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Re: New DuckTales coming to Disney XD in 2017

Post by Heil Donald Duck »

DisneyBluLife wrote:Woohoo!! Great news, I love this show along with the other Disney Afternoon shows. I hope these new episodes will be just as good as the old one. :D I can´t wait, looking forward this!

Please Disney, keep the same animation style for these new episodes! Don´t make them look hideous like in the new Mickey Mouse show!! :cry:

If you guys want to see something funny. See how today´s kids react to Ducktales! The comments from the kids are hilarious!! rotfl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y9qGngsyA4
Finally someone else that don't like the redesinged look. I just call it Mickey Mouse Slim
Der Fuehrer's Face is the greatest Donald Duck cartoon ever made.
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heil Donald Duck »

disneyphilip wrote:
DisneyBluLife wrote:Please Disney, keep the same animation style for these new episodes! Don´t make them look hideous like in the new Mickey Mouse show!! :cry:
Hey! Keep the new Mickey shorts out of this!

Besides, how dare you say something so mean about them. They're not hideous at all! The new shorts are amazing and waaaaaay better than that horrid Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is bad for two reasonaimed at pre-school children the CGI looks more sloppy thant Twice up on A Christmas or Mickey's Philarmagic

But new Mickey episodes are bad for one reason the redesinged characters, which makes it more unappealing to the eye more so than Mickey Mouse Works/House of Mouse and I feel House of Mouse animation to be pretty good for a TV even if none of those hold chandle to the original theatrical shorts.
Der Fuehrer's Face is the greatest Donald Duck cartoon ever made.
disneyphilip
Special Edition

Post by disneyphilip »

Heil Donald Duck wrote:
DisneyBluLife wrote:Woohoo!! Great news, I love this show along with the other Disney Afternoon shows. I hope these new episodes will be just as good as the old one. :D I can´t wait, looking forward this!

Please Disney, keep the same animation style for these new episodes! Don´t make them look hideous like in the new Mickey Mouse show!! :cry:

If you guys want to see something funny. See how today´s kids react to Ducktales! The comments from the kids are hilarious!! rotfl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y9qGngsyA4
Finally someone else that don't like the redesinged look. I just call it Mickey Mouse Slim
Then, shame on you for hating that wonderful new series as well. :x

Plus, the designs in the new series are awesome and that stupid "Mickey slim" term should never be used because it's not true.
DisneyBluLife
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyBluLife »

disneyphilip wrote:
Heil Donald Duck wrote: Finally someone else that don't like the redesinged look. I just call it Mickey Mouse Slim
Then, shame on you for hating that wonderful new series as well. :x

Plus, the designs in the new series are awesome and that stupid "Mickey slim" term should never be used because it's not true.
I don´t hate the Mickey Mouse show, disneyphilip. I think it is a very good and funny show. It is just that I don´t really like the design of the show, just my own opinion, ok!!
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Back OT, apparently it's been announced on Terrence McGovern's Facebook page that none of the original cast will be returning. :(

Source.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Elladorine wrote:Back OT, apparently it's been announced on Terrence McGovern's Facebook page that none of the original cast will be returning. :(

Source.

And with that, it begins.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm not shocked by that, although it's unfortunate. But they'd best get someone who can sound like Scrooge, otherwise the whole thing's a wash. I could take off voices for the rest, but he's pretty much the show.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Well, that sort of thing has happened before, like when they replaced Paul Winchell with Jim Cummings for the voice of Tigger, even though he was still alive and capable of voicing Tigger. But in the end, the transition to Cummings was so seamless, I'm sure the large majority of viewers didn't notice a change in voice-actor. I expect the same sort of thing here.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Due to Alan Young's age, I do feel that's understandable. And although he's definitely been the definitive voice of Scrooge, he hasn't been the only voice. I do understand these characters outlive their voice actors, that the torch gets passed on. No clue how Alan feels about this passing it on, but I'm sure he's honored to be associated with the role regardless of where the character goes in the future.

But Terrence has always been Launchpad; he would clearly love to continue the role and is expressing disappointment that he wasn't offered. Seems such a shame.
Walter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Walter »

Looking forward to the DuckTales reboot.

And I understand if they got new voice actors for the characters for the reboot. Besides, I can remember when Jetsons: The Movie got the original voice actors to reprise George and Spacely, and that did not exactly turn out well, as I thought it sounded very different.
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

I'm interested in knowing exactly what kind of recasts these are.

Like, if they're replacing everybody (as we've been told), does that mean Russi Taylor will no longer be voicing Huey, Dewey, and Louie in anything? Will Alan Young no longer be voicing Scrooge in anything? Hell, what about Donald?

Launchpad's unique in that he really doesn't appear in any non-DuckTales media. So if they're recasting for the show, it's understandable that Terrence McGovern is getting booted from the role in its entirety. But what about the characters whose lives extend beyond DuckTales? I'll be waiting to see how this develops.

Man, what a bummer. At least they all got to have one last hurrah in the 2013 video game. But, in a way, I guess that makes it even more disappointing. Disney Character Voices spent all that time getting the surviving cast back together, only to get rid of them less than two years later...
- John
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Pasta67 wrote:Launchpad's unique in that he really doesn't appear in any non-DuckTales media.
Don't forget Darkwing, although I guess it does sort of count as a spin-off.
disneyphilip
Special Edition

Post by disneyphilip »

Elladorine wrote:Due to Alan Young's age, I do feel that's understandable. And although he's definitely been the definitive voice of Scrooge, he hasn't been the only voice. I do understand these characters outlive their voice actors, that the torch gets passed on. No clue how Alan feels about this passing it on, but I'm sure he's honored to be associated with the role regardless of where the character goes in the future.
The same can be said for June Foray (the voice of Magica de Spell and Ma Beagle), who, like Alan Young, is also well into her nineties, yet remains fully active as a voice-over artist.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

According to Jim Hill, the new DuckTales series will be in CG.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
2Disney4Ever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by 2Disney4Ever »

Sotiris wrote:According to Jim Hill, the new DuckTales series will be in CG.
ARE YOU FRIGGIN SERIOUS?! :x

CG! CG! CG! It's always gotta be CG these days! Because they can never just bring back a good 2D cartoon like DuckTales the way we all remember it. They've gotta convert it to CG and take away all the appeal of being a 2D cartoon in the first place. Well you know what? F*** this new series, Disney! I'm tired of your constant agenda of trying to shove CG down my throat with your new animated features and junk, when it was all the hand-crafted artistry and visual appeal of 2D animation that made you so special to me. That's why I'm just going to continue watching the original cartoon and the movie instead. Plus not having the original voice actors just gives me another reason to not want to watch this new series.

Oh yeah, and if that new Rescue Rangers movie is going to look anything like this, then I already know it's going to be bad.

Love traditional Disney animation? Send your art to: http://2disney4ever.deviantart.com/
disneyphilip
Special Edition

Post by disneyphilip »

2Disney4Ever, take your anti-CG agenda and get the heck outta here! :x

Also, NEVER believe ANYTHING Jim Hill says--he's a big fat liar and has been well-known to be one for ages. Almost everything he "reports" never actually ends up happening.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

If true, the choice is very weird. How is Tangled, which was a CGI movie, a 2D TV show (creepily designed, may I add :huh: ) while Duck Tales, which was 2D, is a CGI show? Esepecially when like at least 99% DTVA shows are 2D. And new voice actors make it weird. I hope they don't make it too hip and cool. Duck Tales was something i always watched as a kid and it was very timeless. Glad to see Toon Disney touches are being added on.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

2Disney4Ever wrote:
ARE YOU FRIGGIN SERIOUS?! :x

CG! CG! CG! It's always gotta be CG these days! Because they can never just bring back a good 2D cartoon like DuckTales the way we all remember it. They've gotta convert it to CG and take away all the appeal of being a 2D cartoon in the first place. Well you know what? F*** this new series, Disney! I'm tired of your constant agenda of trying to shove CG down my throat with your new animated features and junk, when it was all the hand-crafted artistry and visual appeal of 2D animation that made you so special to me. That's why I'm just going to continue watching the original cartoon and the movie instead. Plus not having the original voice actors just gives me another reason to not want to watch this new series.

Oh yeah, and if that new Rescue Rangers movie is going to look anything like this, then I already know it's going to be bad.

Are you questioning Rob & John's vision :P

DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

What a surprise! I'm not shocked at all.
Also, NEVER believe ANYTHING Jim Hill says--he's a big fat liar and has been well-known to be one for ages. Almost everything he "reports" never actually ends up happening
Really?
disneyphilip
Special Edition

Post by disneyphilip »

DisneyFan09 wrote:
Also, NEVER believe ANYTHING Jim Hill says--he's a big fat liar and has been well-known to be one for ages. Almost everything he "reports" never actually ends up happening
Really?
Really. :x