DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Elena of Avalor
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:00 pm 
Limited Edition

Im looking forward the the next ep too. My favorite ep so far has been the one with the Fountain of Youth just b/c Esteban is my fave character so far. He's kinda ambiguous with whether he's supposed to be good or bad(he seems to genuinely hate Elena at times) and I feel this show really needs a character like that.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dis ... 0728153457

I dont know if this art is official or fan art, but the show would have looked so much cooler in 2d.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:01 pm 
Platinum Edition

unprincess wrote:
I don't know if this art is official or fan art.

It's official art by Ritsuko Notani.

Source: https://twitter.com/_CraigGerber/status ... 5952122880

unprincess wrote:
but the show would have looked so much cooler in 2d.

Sure, but isn't that always the case? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:58 pm 
Platinum Edition

I don't watch this show, but that picture looks really cute. That would be a nice show to watch (2D, I mean).

Btw, what is this show like and is it any good? It's not like that stupid Sophia show, is it?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:17 am 
Gold Collection

Hola! I hope you're doing well! This show is amazing! You should give it a fair chance. I love everything about it! The characters are strong and very fleshed out, the music-both lyrical and instrumental is amazing and the story lines are well written! My favorite aspect of the show is Elena's bond with her little sister, Isabel or Isa as Elena affectionately calls her. My favorite episodes so far are First Day of Rule, Model Sister, Island of Youth and Spellbound! My favorite songs are: The Magic Within You, Ready to Rule, Elena's lullaby and My Time! I'm glad Disney is finally representing my culture and doing it wonderfully! You're probably wondering why I haven't' mentioned the animation quality. It's bc I'm blind, so I can't honestly comment on it. In a way, I'm glad. I can focus on the story and characters, which I believe are the most important parts of any show.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:14 pm 
Gold Collection

The bujitos were my favorite part of Prince Too Charming. I loved Finders Leapers! Naomi's character growth was awesome to witness! I also loved that she and Elena both gave Esteban what he deserved! Tearing anyone down is NEVER okay! The song Naomi sung is very relatable and inspirational as well! As for Royal Retreat, I loved that Elena stuck up for herself and did the right thing in spite of the crowd. I also enjoyed seeing her get to spend some "sister time" with Isa! The marposa were adorable! I'm excited for A Day to Remember in two weeks! Zuzo is back! YAY! I've missed seeing him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:23 pm 
Limited Edition

Esteban is my favorite character for some reason. I guess b/c I like how he brings some much needed tension to the show. Also Im in my 40s so I actually find him kinda hot. I like the old school Latin country 19th century nobleman look he's got going. :milkbuds:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:56 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Is it just me, or has the hype for this sunk a little ? Felt like Sofia the First was everywhere all the time ? Unless thats just the UK, but it really feels like Elena isn't as prominent.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:14 am 
Platinum Edition

“Elena of Avalor” TV Movie to Be Simulcast on November 20
http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/201 ... vember-20/
http://deadline.com/2016/10/jane-fonda- ... 201834520/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:43 pm 
Limited Edition

there's a Day of the Dead special this month as well. Im curious how they are going to treat what could be seen as uncomfortable topic to some parents...but I guess if Pixar's making a DOTD movie they felt it was something they could tackle. I did see lots of cute blue hued ghosts in the preview. I wonder if we'll see Elena's parents in ghost form? :?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:32 pm 
Platinum Edition

Elena joining Princess Fairytale Hall:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/pri ... e-hall.htm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:27 pm 
Gold Collection

Hola! I'm so excited for A Day to Remember as well as Elena and the Secret of Avalor. I just hope we spend more time with Elena in the movie than Sofia. Elena does see her mother on Dia de los muertos, but doesn't speak with her. I think that's a rip off, but that's just my personal opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:05 am 
Collector's Edition

unprincess wrote:
there's a Day of the Dead special this month as well. Im curious how they are going to treat what could be seen as uncomfortable topic to some parents...but I guess if Pixar's making a DOTD movie they felt it was something they could tackle. I did see lots of cute blue hued ghosts in the preview. I wonder if we'll see Elena's parents in ghost form? :?

My thought is the episode will probably be educational in nature, i.e., WHY and WHAT is celebrated on Dia de los Muertos. That seems to be the gist of the song from that episode which is on the soundtrack.

They do this a bit already at Disneyland already via a display near Big Thunder around Halloween. There are excellent placards throughout the display explaining the holiday and the parts of the display and you learn the holiday isn't macabre - It's actually very sweet. So I personally am excited for my kids to see this episode and to learn more about another culture.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:08 pm 
Limited Edition

I think this was my favorite ep since the Fountain of Youth one, and Esteban wasnt even in it(neither were the Jaquins)!
I loved the quiet little moment b/w Elena and Isabel talking about their parents and how they miss them and how, yes, death is a sad thing. I was worried the ep would just be all happy and fun ghost hi-jinks so it was nice they did get bit more serious for a moment. The scene with their parent's ghosts at the end was especially poignant.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:54 am 
Platinum Edition

Watch the first trailer for Elena and the Secret of Avalor

(via animatedviews.com)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:55 pm 
Limited Edition

looks good, even though we already know the outcome. Curious about Esteban's role in all this. Im glad its on at 7pm... I was worried they'd air it later b/c I watch OUAT at 8pm and TWD at 9pm. :P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:01 pm 
Gold Collection

I love Dia de los muertos A Day to Remember for the same reasons you do. My favorite scene is the sister time and remembering between Elena/Isa. I also enjoyed the humor as well! The episode actually made me cry. It was great to see Zuzo again! I'm excited for Septar of Light as well as the crossover movie at the end of Nov!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:09 am 
Platinum Edition

https://www.mickeynews.com/disneylandre ... -434705569
Quote:
Princess Elena’s Musical Grand Arrival – Elena of Avalor makes her Disneyland Resort debut during Festival of Holidays! Welcome the adventurous and kind-hearted Crown Princess, her royal dancers and magical friend Skylar as they celebrate the holidays with an uplifting musical cavalcade.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:44 pm 
Limited Edition

so did anyone watch the movie crossover with Sophia the First? I liked it ..did anyone think the villain Shiriki felt alot like mother Gothel? I liked the revelation that Esteban helped her take control in exchange for not hurting his family(oh yeah and power.) Hmm very grey that guy, I hope this is brought up again in the series, not exactly something that can just be brushed aside. I liked the scene were Elena decribes what happened the day she lost her parents and her sis/grandparents got trapped in the painting, though Im still not quite sure how her parents actually "died" but i guess they left that ambiguous b/c.... kids.

I read there will be a holiday special on the 9th as well. Hope Gabe will be in it, I dont like he got left out completely from the movie(not even a small part like Naomi in the beginning.)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:56 pm 
Collector's Edition

unprincess wrote:
I read there will be a holiday special on the 9th as well. Hope Gabe will be in it,

He will!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pBCuqD6ftY&t=0s

I also loved the movie crossover and the songs too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:38 pm 
Limited Edition

^thanks! so did anyone like the Holiday special last night? I think I liked the Dia de los Muertos special a bit more. I did like that we got to see everyone from the main cast this time and they even brought back some minor characters from past episodes like the brother/sister from the restaurant. I liked the songs too, especially the last one when the town was singing with Elena.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next