DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:33 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

blackcauldron85 wrote:
PHOTOS: ‘The Hunchback of Notre Dame’ Cast Recording Session, Available January 2016
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-pho ... 016-78495/

January? Are you freaking serious? We have to wait another two months for it?! :glare:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:40 am 
Platinum Edition

Where is the Cast Recording? I've looked on Amazon and can't find it. And is it just me, or did the cover shown in Sotiris' post change? I thought it was of the logo on a white background.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:13 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Disney's Divinity wrote:
Where is the Cast Recording? I've looked on Amazon and can't find it. And is it just me, or did the cover shown in Sotiris' post change? I thought it was of the logo on a white background.

It's not available until January. Pre-orders begin on iTunes next month

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:11 am 
Platinum Edition

disneyprincess11 wrote:
Pre-orders begin on iTunes next month.

On December 4th, to be exact.

Disney's Divinity wrote:
And is it just me, or did the cover shown in Sotiris' post change? I thought it was of the logo on a white background.

Yes, the cover did change. You're not seeing things. :wink:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:44 pm 
Platinum Edition

Well, that sucks. I thought it was supposed to be released Nov. 20th. I wonder why they pushed it back?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:12 pm 
Platinum Edition

The show is coming to Denmark next Fall!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:51 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

Awesome! It's just a pity that none of the Disney Broadway musicals comes to Norway.

Just wondering, Sotiris, what are your thoughts about Disney's "Hunchback"?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:25 pm 
Platinum Edition

DisneyFan09 wrote:

I love it! :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:40 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Me too! Though it's hampered by aforementioned flaws (dramatically uneven, jarring slapstick and frankly, too controversial at times), I still have a soft spot for it. It's a captivating and compelling movie. The (main) characters are incredibly likable, the animation is breathtakingly gorgeous and the music is wonderful.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:37 am 
Limited Edition

DisneyFan09 wrote:
Awesome! It's just a pity that none of the Disney Broadway musicals comes to Norway.

Actually, both Beauty and the Beast and Mary Poppins have been performed in Norway in recent years.

The Danish artwork looks so much better than the cover on the American cast recording!

I still belive that this production will find it's way to Broadway at some point. Perhaps with a few tweaks and maybe a additional couple of new songs even. Aladdin was performed in Denmark before the Broadway premiere (it might have been at a time when there were no plans for a Broadway production and Aladdin only was in it's early local tryouts with the cast that would eventually get the chance to perform in the show on Broadway, I can't recall for sure), and now Hunchback are having success being picked up abroad and it's getting a new production in the US. I think we will see it get it's time in the spotlight on Broadway someday... (when the World's wizer;)

Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful

Last edited by Prince Edward on Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:50 pm 
Limited Edition

In the meantime, Hunchback fans can at least take joy because apparently where will be a live-action Esmeralda film (non-Disney).

http://www.rotoscopers.com/2015/11/13/c ... alda-film/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:37 am 
Limited Edition

I wonder if this movie makes it more or less likely that we will get a live action Disney Hunchback movie at some point... Or if it does not have any influence on Disney's decision making regarding a potential Hunchback movie at all.

I am also curious to see if the new Little Mermaid live action movie that have recently been announced (not Disney, but every internet site seems to belive that it is or at least that the mermaid's name is Ariel) will influence Disney to make their own Little Mermaid movie soon, or if they will chose to wait in order for people to forget about the non-Disney live action movie.

One thing is certain: Disney live action versions of these classics would certainly get a larger audience due to the Disney brand, Disney's marketing power and people being familiar with the Disney version of the stories and the characters featured in the Disney movies.

Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:08 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Prince Edward wrote:
Actually, both Beauty and the Beast and Mary Poppins have been performed in Norway in recent years.

Really? Have they? Whoops! My bad.

Quote:
I am also curious to see if the new Little Mermaid live action movie that have recently been announced (not Disney, but every internet site seems to belive that it is or at least that the mermaid's name is Ariel) will influence Disney to make their own Little Mermaid movie soon, or if they will chose to wait in order for people to forget about the non-Disney live action movie.

I think we'll most likely get a live action remake of "Mermaid"

Either way, it's a pity that Disney isn't making a live version of Esmeralda or "Hunchback", for that matter, though not surprising. Though wonder if Disney would dare to pull off a mature, risky live action adaptation of the story.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:04 am 
Platinum Edition

Hunchback of Notre Dame Cast Recording and Licensing Details
http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/201 ... g-details/

2015 BroadwayWorld New Jersey Awards Winners Announced
http://www.broadwayworld.com/new-jersey ... e-20160113

Hunchback Cast Recording Tops Charts
http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/201 ... ps-charts/

'Hunchback of Notre Dame' Rings In at No. 1 on Cast Albums Chart
http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... bums-chart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:05 pm 
Special Edition

Previews are up!

Out There - http://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/hunchback-of-notre-dame-musical-out-there#.pyR3RLNdX

God Help the Outcasts - http://www.broadway.com/buzz/183468/exclusive-listen-to-ciara-renee-sing-god-help-the-outcasts-from-the-hunchback-of-notre-dame/

Hellfire - http://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/news/exclusive-patrick-page-hunchback-of-notre-dame_75564.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=14jan2016

Esmeralda - http://playbill.com/news/article/exclusive-listen-thrilling-act-i-finale-of-disneys-hunchback-of-notre-dame-cast-album-379455

Someday - http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/BWW-Exclusive-Listen-to-Ciara-Renee-Andrew-Samonsky-Sing-Someday-on-THE-HUNCHBACK-OF-NOTRE-DAME-Studio-Cast-Album-20160114#

Made of Stone - http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/14/made-of-stone-hunchback-notre-dame-cast-album

And the show won 3 Broadway World New Jersey Awards for Best Actor (Michael Arden), Best Director (Scott Schwartz) and Best Musical!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:13 am 
Platinum Edition

Well deserved wins! Especially Best Actor and Best Musical! Michael Arden was so spectacular and moving and sad.

When I listened to "Made of Stone", I was thinking the last note should be higher. Then I listened to the original Berlin version. The note was higher in that one. I wonder if they lowered the note in general or lowered it for Michael Arden to be able to sing? Or am I wrong and it's not a different note? I don't think that's the case at all but if anyone can shed some light...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:32 am 
Collector's Edition

ok... So mixed stuff about this album. Not a fan of the mixing of Hellfire. When I went to see it in La Jolla, you can clearly hear the music in the background. Here, his voice is drowning the faint music.

However... The ending to "Esmeralda" is glorious, I think I just listened to the last 45 seconds of the song over 100 times.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:29 pm 
Special Edition

Disney Duster wrote:
Well deserved wins! Especially Best Actor and Best Musical! Michael Arden was so spectacular and moving and sad.

When I listened to "Made of Stone", I was thinking the last note should be higher. Then I listened to the original Berlin version. The note was higher in that one. I wonder if they lowered the note in general or lowered it for Michael Arden to be able to sing? Or am I wrong and it's not a different note? I don't think that's the case at all but if anyone can shed some light...

It's a different note. I think the big "as if I" is the same note then he drops lower for "were made of stone." Having heard him live I've no doubt Michael Arden could easily hit the original note, however they've also changed it from a falsetto start to a full out belt. First time I heard that was Josh Strickland at the D23 concert (wish I could have seen that live). Josh did the original note but that was a concert, not 8 shows a week. Most likely though it was just a creative change during the production of the show.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:03 pm 
Collector's Edition

Disney Duster wrote:

I think it's just the way that Michael Arden sings, he can't go higher than that. His voice for Quasi was already ridiculously deep.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:54 pm 
Platinum Edition

I heard Michael Arden live too, and I don't know if he could hit the note. Josh Strickland hitting the note makes me think the reason they changed the note was because Michael couldn't hit it. He was doing this one time in a recording studio and so having the "so many shows a week" excuse doesn't apply for not having the note in this CD. So I think they changed it for his voice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next