DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:31 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

The show can be a bit borring and too tame at times (I guess because its disney jr) but yeah, I did like jasiri. One thing I'm consistently impressed by are the background paintings. I keep thinking how amazing it is that we are getting backgrounds of this quality on a tv budget.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:35 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:
VideoETA reports that The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar is also set for Blu-ray February 2016!!!:
http://videoeta.com/movie/179652/the-li ... -the-roar/

This is of course very positive news, but Disney should consider this also for their other shows like Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder.

UPDATE 12/12: Turns out it's only coming to DVD.

Also, series premiere next month!:
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-lio ... 201657485/

Honestly, I'd be happy with a striped down DVD of most of their old TV content. I don't need it to all be on Blu-ray and frankly I doubt Disney would go to the expense of doing that for 20+ year-old shows. I'm not a fan of Gravity Falls or Wonder Over Yonder, however I'll still support their release on DVD. I'd just rather seeing stuff from the 80's and 90's released first.

DisneyFan09 wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:
I saw the first episode. It was a little boring, but I'll try to watch the series. Interesting that they're taking Simba's Pride into account since the cheapquels are usually ignored. Of course, I actually didn't mind SP, so I'm okay with the choice.

Personally I thought the cheapquels weren't that horrible when Disney first launched them. And they acutally got worse afterwards And due to "SP" being one of the firsts, it belongs to the category. It's a cute and endearing movie, though it's hampered by a weak screenplay and sparse character development. But it would be strange if "SP" wasn't taken into consideration, despite the weird addition of Kion.

I used to be harder on most of the "cheapquels"as they are known. Then I started to meet people that actually worked on them. After hearing these people out, I have a different perspective. Most of them were just episodes of one of the DTVA shows in movie form. I find it interesting that when these shows are aired as 20+ minute episodes,most fans at the very least don't mind them, but package them with other episodes and make it an hour or more and they suck. I feel if we view them for what they are, episodes from a TV cartoon show strung together, they aren't so bad, and sometimes even entertaining.

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:17 am 
Gold Collection

I actually have a couple of theories for where The Lion Guard and its members were during the later part of Simba's Pride

1) Quite simply they were off on another mission, which is not far fetch'd if you think about it. I mean, its like the Avengers, of which this show is partly inspired by: If the Avengers were responsible for helping out EVERY "big problem", then what would be the point of every other superhero existing in Marvel like the X-men, Spider-Man, SHIELD itself etc.? They specifically can't always help out EVERY problem of course. Besides, the Pride Lands and Africa itself is a HUGE place so they could have just been busy with something else.

2) Possibly, because of Kion's friendship with hyena Jasiri, of which Simba does not currently know about. Maybe its a scenario where when Kion got older there was a misunderstanding with that Jasiri could have done something and Kion had an argument with Simba over it, and Kion just ran away with her because "we are the same", which would further motivate Kiara to prove Kovu's innocence and her independence when she got older

3) Very possibly, like with Simba and Nala's original son Kopa in the Lion King books, Kion went off to form his own Pride, or even Lion Guard somewhere else outside the Pride Lands. Like I said, Africa is a huge continent after all, and the series is said to be set in Kenya, so Kion and the Lion Guard could have moved to another part of Africa. There is also a chance that Bunga could have persuaded them all to "Hakuna Matata" it all when they got older, like his uncles

As you can see, its pretty much common sense as to how it can still tie into the series. They were able to make Megara appear on an episode of Hercules: The Animated Series, which is a midquel series like this and they were still able to make it work without ruining the continuity, so they could find a way to make it work here. As Kovu and the Outsiders are going to appear on the show, it is likely that they will find a way to tie it all in together, perhaps by the series finale if nothing else.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:30 pm 
Platinum Edition

I haven't kept up with this show, but I thought this was funny enough to post.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:42 pm 
Gold Collection

Another explanation could be that Kion and the Lion Guard could have been out looking for other lions to help Simba & co against Zira, and that these lions would produce the next generation of Lion Guard.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:54 pm 
Platinum Edition

Disney's Divinity wrote:
I haven't kept up with this show, but I thought this was funny enough to post.

That was hilarious! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:02 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Yeah, that thing with the cobra had me scratching my head as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:50 pm 
Limited Edition

very funny Disney Divinity! I know the continuity is a clusterfu%&, but it doesnt bother me so much b/c Ive never take the stuff that Disney does as canon unless its made by the same team. To me this is just its own thing, just like I felt the Aladdin, Hercules & Little Mermaid tv series were their own thing, the Fairies films are their own thing, or those spin-off books made for different animated films.

Now that Frozen sequel, they better not f&*% that up! :x

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:20 am 
Special Edition

A second DVD, The Lion Guard: Unleash The Power is scheduled for September 13th, 2016. Again, no Blu-ray release is currently in plan.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:38 am 
Platinum Edition

In an episode called "Bunga and the King", they actually tried to recreate the iconic scene of Mufasa falling to his doom. Unsurprisingly, the end result was embarrassing. Watch the clip in question, here.

Source: http://muhanga.tumblr.com/post/143591441608

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:52 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

It isn't the animation. It's the screaming that got me rotfl rotfl rotfl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:07 pm 
Platinum Edition

In the episode that just aired called "Lions of the Outlands", Kovu, Zira, Vitani, and Nuka make their debut on the show. The episode sets the timeline of The Lion Guard right after Kovu and Kiara get separated as cubs in the sequel.

Teaser
Trailer
Voice Cast Interviews
Lions Over All (Zira's Song)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:02 pm 
Limited Edition

isnt it airing tomorrow morning on the regular Disney Channel? I really want to see this one and am thinking of waking up early to watch it. Not only does it have the Outlanders, Jasiri returns as well!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:25 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

It aired this morning

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:32 pm 
Limited Edition

oh shoot! well hopefully they'll reair it tomorrow morning.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:11 pm 
Collector's Edition

the full ep can be found on google, but the site is a bit dodgy. i looked it up last night, as the local schedule is out of whack and who knows when it would be shown.

i didnt like the voices used, especially zira, and she was missing the dark triangle on her forehead. kovu and vitani both called her "mom", while in the film they all call her "mother". just a couple of nit-picky things really. it was nice to see them again, and i hope they are repeat characters. i especially want kovu and kiara to be reintroduced.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:18 pm 
Special Edition

The third DVD in the series, The Lion Guard: Life In The Pride Lands will arrive January 10th, 2017.

Cover-art:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:37 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Looks too cereal boxy to me. But that's ok, wouldn't bother with it anyway unless it were a blu ray.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:11 pm 
Platinum Edition

Scar will be making an appearance on The Lion Guard in a new TV movie titled "The Rise of Scar". You can watch the trailer for it, here.

Quote:
Simba’s big bad uncle is heading to season 2 of The Lion Guard, Disney Junior’s epic series continuation of The Lion King, and this time around, the iconic villain will be voiced by Golden Globe-nominated actor David Oyelowo (Selma, A United Kingdom). Jeremy Irons voiced the reprobate lion in the 1994 movie.

Obviously, there’s one key question to be asked: How would Scar, who ended his screentime in the original film at the clawed mercy of his angry band of hyenas, be able to turn up now? The character will appear on The Lion Guard in the flames of a volcano, summoned by grandnephew Kion (Simba and Nala’s son) after he unintentionally calls Scar by invoking the powerful Roar of the Elders during a fit of anger.

“The Rise of Scar” will premiere July 29, shortly after the series’ second season premieres on July 7.
Source: http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/21/david-oyelo ... ion-guard/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:04 am 
Platinum Edition

They're celebrating Christmas in the Pridelands. :facepalm: Is Aslan their Jesus? :lol: They even mention Santa Claus.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next